10 Best Shampoos For Oily Hair
Table of Contents
Shopping For The Best Shampoos For Oily Hair
If you’ve got oily or unmanageable hair, you know how hard it is to tame it. You may have tried everything under the sun, from expensive shampoos to home remedies, but nothing seems to work. Well, now you can finally stop searching for the perfect solution.
My list of best shampoos for oily hair has what you need to turn back the clock. These shampoos won’t leave your hair feeling weighed down or greasy, and they’ll actually make your hair feel clean and healthy.
What Is Shampoo For Oily Hair?
Shampoo for oily hair is a shampoo that’s made to remove excess sebum from your scalp.
Sebum is an oily substance produced by your sebaceous glands. It helps keep your hair healthy and shiny. However, too much sebum can make your hair look greasy and feel heavy.
There are a few different types of shampoo for oily hair. The most common type is clarifying shampoo, which contains ingredients that strip away oil and build-up from your scalp and hair.
This type of shampoo can be harsh on your hair, so it’s important to use it sparingly. If you have dry or damaged hair, you may want to avoid clarifying shampoo altogether.
Of course, one of the best shampoos for oily hair is volumizing shampoo, a product that contains ingredients that help add volume to your hair.
This can be helpful if you have fine or thin hair that tends to look greasy quickly. Volumizing shampoo can also help give your hair a boost of body and fullness.
If you’re not sure which type of shampoo for oily hair is right for you, talk to your stylist or dermatologist.
The 10 Best Shampoos For Oily Hair
1. BIOLAGE Cooling Mint Scalp Sync Shampoo | Cleanses Excess Oil From The Hair & Scalp | For Oily Hair & Scalp | Vegan | 33.8 Fl. Oz.
- Finish and provides heat protection up
- In treatment provides heat protection
- Shake well Mist lightly on damp or dry hair
2. Degrease Shampoo for Oily Hair Care – Clarifying Shampoo for Oily Hair and Oily Scalp Care – Deep Cleansing Shampoo for Greasy Hair and Scalp Cleanser for Build Up with Essential Oils for Hair
- Oily Hair Shampoo – Degrease is one the most popular purifying shampoo oily hair formulas that can tackle some of the most common hair concerns making it a top greasy hair shampoo for oily scalp care
- Dandruff Tip – One of the best ways to combat flaking and itchy scalp is to ditch your artificial dandruff shampoo with damaging sulfates and choose one with gentler more hydrating natural ingredients
- Sulfate Free Clarifying Shampoo for Build Up – Say goodbye to tricky buildup in your hair and scalp with our Degrease formula featuring natural hair care products like rosemary oil for hair care
- Oily Scalp Shampoo – Better hair begins at the scalp and our oily and dry scalp shampoo for men and women features some of the finest natural hair products like cleansing cypress basil and lemon oils
- Maple Holistics Quality – We believe in using real ingredients for real results that is why we created our sulfate and paraben free shampoo for men and women with cleansing pure essential oils
3. Neutrogena Exfoliating Healthy Scalp Clarify & Shine Shampoo for Oily Hair and Scalp, Anti-Residue Shampoo with Pink Grapefruit, pH-Balanced, Paraben & Phthalate-Free, Color-Safe, 12oz
- CLARIFY AND EXFOLIATE scalp & hair with Neutrogena Healthy Scalp Clarify & Shine Grapefruit Shampoo
4. Dove Shampoo for Oily Hair Clarify & Hydrate With Charcoal to Purify Hair and Remove Build-up Without Stripping Hair 20.4 oz
- NOURISHING SHAMPOO. Dove Clarify & Hydrate Shampoo is infused with charcoal to deeply cleanse and purify oily, dull hair from roots to ends
- SHAMPOO FOR OILY HAIR. This shampoo deeply cleanses and purifies hair to leave it clarified, hydrated and beautiful
- PURIFYING FORMULA. This shampoo is infused with charcoal powder to deeply cleanse hair, purify hair, and remove product build-up without stripping hair
- CLARIFYING HAIR TREATMENT. Dove Clarify & Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner, infused with Charcoal Powder, hydrate for clean and healthy-looking hair
- GENTLE FORMULA FOR DAILY USE. Dove Clarify & Hydrate Shampoo is designed to progressively nourish your hair from within with every wash
- DOVE CLARIFY & HYDRATE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER. Massage this shampoo into your scalp, then rinse well. Follow with Dove Clarify & Hydrate Conditioner
5. L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo and Conditioner Set (Set of 2)
- Oily Hair Shampoo and Conditioner: Instantly purify oily roots and hydrate ends without weighing hair down using this shampoo and conditioner set that leaves hair looking fresh and clean from root to tip for up to 48 hours
- Rebalancing Formula: This silicone-free clarifying shampoo and conditioner set features 3 refined clays to rebalance greasy roots, purifying them while hydrating dry lengths
- Expert Treatments: Our Elvive line features powerful treatments formulated with superior technology to revive all forms of hair damage, whether it’s from heat styling, color processing, or dryness
- Custom Hair Solutions: From treatments, masks and serums to leave in conditioners and frizz defying shampoos and conditioners, we’ve got what you need; Try our thickening, moisturizing and volumizing products
- L’Oreal Paris Beauty: A leading total beauty care company based in Paris, we offer innovative products and unique expertise from beauty experts in makeup, skin care, hair care, styling and hair color
6. Aveeno Apple Cider Vinegar Sulfate-Free Shampoo for Balance & High Shine, Daily Clarifying & Soothing Scalp Shampoo for Oily or Dull Hair, Paraben & Dye-Free, 12 Fl Oz
- SHINE & VOLUME: Oat is the first ingredient in this scalp-soothing, farm-fresh inspired shampoo infused with apple cider vinegar to clarify the scalp and add high shine and volume to dull hair.
- CLARIFYING BLEND: Infused with apple cider vinegar, this shampoo cleanses and reinforces shine from root to tip. It’s free of sulfates, dyes & parabens & safe for all hair types & color treated hair.
- FARM FRESH INSPIRED: We make hair care products that promote healthy hair & scalp, from shampoo & conditioner to hair masks, leave-in milks, mists & oils.
- SOOTHING PROPERTIES: We’ve been a trusted household brand since 1945. We’re best known for our skin & hair care products, where oat’s soothing properties are put to work on body, face and scalp
- BEAUTIFUL HAIR FROM ROOT TO TIP: Our hair care products are blended in perfect balance with wholesome ingredients to help soothe your scalp and nourish your strands for beautiful hair from root to tip
7. Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two, Clarifying, Removes Buildup, For All Hair Types, Especially Oily Hair
- For Oily hair
- Lemon Fresh Scent
- Not tested on Animals
- Item Package Dimension: 6.604cm L x 6.604cm W x 22.352cm H
8. Tea Tree Special Shampoo, Deep Cleans, Refreshes Scalp, For All Hair Types, Especially Oily Hair
- Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great
- Special ingredients and tea tree oil rid hair of impurities and leave hair full of vitality and luster
- Get a head start every morning and experience the tingle of invigorating tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender
9. Lemon Sage Shampoo for Oily Hair – Sulfate Free Clarifying Shampoo for Build Up with Lemon Sage Keratin and Tea Tree Oil for Hair and Scalp Care – Deep Cleansing Rosemary Shampoo for Men and Women
- Deep Cleansing Shampoo – We combined nutrient rich jojoba oil tea tree and rosemary oil for hair in one potent sulfate free shampoo dry scalp care formula designed for hair and scalp cleansing
- Sage and Lemon Shampoo – Our clarifying shampoo for oily scalp care with natural lemon essential oil and sage oil combine to refresh your scalp and hair leaving you feeling and looking fantastic
- Volumizing Shampoo – Moisturize more body into your hair with our favorite volume shampoo for fine hair plus our sulfate and paraben free shampoo for color treated hair works great for all hair types
- Herbal Shampoo Formula – No matter your hair type length or style our women and mens shampoo is formulated to gently help hair find balance for beautiful lustrous clean hair from root to tip
- Premium Quality – Treat your hair with plant based ingredients that deeply nourish your hair including lavender tea tree oil rosemary essential oil jojoba oil and more for hair care you can trust
10. BIOLAGE Color Last Shampoo | Helps Protect Hair & Maintain Vibrant Color | For Color-Treated Hair | Paraben & Silicone-Free | Vegan
- Color Safe Shampoo: Low pH shampoo for color-treated hair helps prolong color vibrancy. Gently…
- Benefits: Inspired by nature’s orchid, Color Last helps maintain the color, depth, tone and shine…
- Additional Benefits: A professional inspired hair treatment to help protect hair balance moisture…
- Suggested Use: Apply to wet hair and lather with a massaging motion. We recommend that you pair…
- Color Last Collection: Color Last system of Shampoo and Conditioner, nourishes and protects to help…
The Benefits Of Shampoo For Oily Hair
Shampooing your hair every day can actually help to regulate oil production. When you shampoo, it removes the excess oil from your scalp and hair. This signals to your body that it needs to produce more oil to make up for what was lost.
As a result, shampooing every day can help to control oily hair. In addition, shampooing helps to remove dirt, build-up, and other impurities that can clog pores and lead to breakouts.
If you have oily hair, it is important to choose a shampoo that is specifically designed for your hair type.
Look for a shampoo that contains ingredients like tea tree oil or mint, which can help to control oil and soothe the scalp. Using the right shampoo can help you achieve healthy, balanced hair.
Is Shampoo For Oily Hair Worth It?
Shampoo for oily hair is one of those products that you see on the shelf and wonder if it’s really worth it. After all, shampoo is shampoo, right?
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to shampoo for oily hair. First of all, shampoo for oily hair is formulated to gently cleanse the scalp without stripping away natural oils.
This is important because shampooing too frequently can actually lead to more oil production.
In addition, shampoo for oily hair often contains ingredients that help to control excess oil and keep the scalp healthy. As a result, shampoo for oily hair can be a great choice for people who struggle with oily scalp issues.
Who Are Shampoos For Oily Hair For?
Shampoo for oily hair is specifically designed to address the needs of those with oily hair. Oily hair can be caused by a number of factors, including genetics, diet, and hormones.
It can be difficult to manage and often leads to shampoo buildup. The best shampoo for oily hair helps to remove excess oil and sebum, leaving the hair clean and refreshed.
In addition, shampoo for oily hair often contains ingredients that help to regulate sebum production, keeping the hair from becoming too greasy in between washes.
If you have oily hair, shampoo for oily hair can help you achieve the clean and healthy look you desire.
What Makes A Quality Shampoo For Oily Hair?
When it comes to shampoo, people with oily hair have unique needs. The best shampoo for oily hair will gently cleanse the scalp without stripping away essential oils.
If you have oily hair, you know how difficult it can be to find a shampoo that works for you. There are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing a shampoo for oily hair.
Designed for oily hair
Look for a shampoo that is specifically designed for oily hair. These shampoos typically contain ingredients that help to control oil production and keep your hair looking clean and fresh.
Choose a shampoo that is gentle. Many shampoos for oily hair can be very harsh and strip your hair of its natural oils, which can actually make your hair oilier.
Look for a shampoo that is sulfate-free and contains mild surfactants to avoid this problem.
Don’t be afraid to experiment until you find the right shampoo for your hair type. Everyone’s hair is different, so what works for one person may not work for another. With a little trial and error, you’re sure to find the best shampoo for your oily hair.
Look for a shampoo that contains moderate to high levels of surfactants, which are cleansing agents that remove dirt and oil from the hair.
In general, it is best to avoid shampoos with strong fragrances, as these can also cause irritation. Instead, look for gentle, fragrance-free formulas that will leave your hair feeling clean and refreshed without causing further irritation.
Does oily hair need conditioner?
Shampooing is the best way to cleanse your hair and remove excess oils. However, shampooing can also strip away natural oils that keep your hair healthy and hydrated.
This is why some people with oily hair choose to avoid conditioner altogether. While it’s true that conditioner can add weight and buildup to your hair, there are many lightweight formulas that won’t weigh your hair down or make it look greasy.
In fact, using a conditioner designed specifically for oily hair can actually help to regulate the production of oil and leave your hair looking and feeling healthier.
So, if you have oily hair, don’t be afraid to condition it! It may just be the key to achieving the perfect balance of oil and moisture.
Why is my hair always oily?
Have you ever noticed that your hair always seems to be oily, no matter how often you shampoo? It’s a common problem, and there are a few possible explanations.
First, it could be that you have an imbalance in your scalp’s natural oils. This can be caused by a number of things, including hormonal changes, stress, and even certain shampooing techniques.
If this is the case, switching to a shampoo designed specifically for oily hair can often help to correct the problem. Another possibility is that you are not shampooing often enough.
Although it may seem counterintuitive, shampooing too frequently can actually strip your scalp of its natural oils, leading to even more oil production.
Aiming to shampoo every two or three days should strike the right balance.
Lastly, it is also possible that you are using products that are too heavy for your hair type. If your shampoo and conditioner are weighing your hair down, it can cause your scalp to produce even more oil in an attempt to compensate.
In this case, switching to lighter products may do the trick. No matter what the cause, there are plenty of options for dealing with oily hair.
With a little trial and error, you should be able to find the solution that works best for you.
How much should you wash your hair if you have oily hair?
Shampooing too frequently can actually cause your scalp to produce more oil. The best shampoo for oily hair is one that will gently cleanse your scalp without stripping it of its natural oils.
There are a few things you can do to help control the oiliness of your hair.
First, try shampooing at most every other day and using a dry shampoo in between washes.
Second, choose a shampoo that is specifically designed for oily hair. These shampoos typically contain ingredients that help to control sebum production.
Finally, make sure you are using the right shampooing technique. Be sure to massage the shampoo into your scalp for at least 60 seconds before rinsing it out.
Washing your hair the right way can help to control excess oil and keep your hair looking and feeling its best.
Next, check out some of our other curated lists: