Best Gifts For New Parents 2022
Table of Contents
Rounding Up The Best Gifts For New Parents 2022
As a new parent, you probably have more on your mind than anyone can imagine. Between juggling feeding time, baby-proofing the house, stocking up on clothes, and monitoring your little one’s health, it’s normal to get overwhelmed.
So, to take away some of that stress, I’ve compiled a comprehensive list of security systems, baby wraps, maternity clothing, strollers, and more. This could give you an idea of anything you might’ve missed or introduce some top brands worth exploring.
Alternatively, this list of the best gifts for new parents could also be a convenient guide if you’re a friend or family member who wants to help out.
#1 Deep Sentinel
The day you bring your bundle of joy home for the first time, safety becomes your number one concern.
Fortunately, brands like Deep Sentinel have developed smart security systems that are helping to reduce the number of burglaries and home invasions across the country.
The company’s smart systems pair AI with human intervention, and you can easily install them yourself. They offer 24/7 live monitoring of your surroundings and alert you of any threats in under 30 seconds.
To go one step further, the system utilizes live guards to ward off any intruders via two-way audio or to alert the police if necessary.
- Advanced home security system
- Blends AI, human intervention, and next-gen cameras
- Perfect for homes or businesses
- 24/7 live monitoring
- Responds to invasions and burglaries in 30 seconds
- Wireless and PoE camera options
- Surveillance starts at $100 per month
- Custom packages available
#2 Baby Tula
Wearing your baby in a sling is a great way to have a close bonding experience with your little one. And with Baby Tula, you don’t need to sacrifice fashion for function when it comes to keeping your newborn close to you.
The brand makes handmade slings, carriers, blankets, and accessories for parents and children. They have a range of stylish gear that can be worn by moms and dads everywhere.
- Offers fashionable baby slings, carriers, and accessories
- Handmade in Poland
- International company
- Highly-rated by customers
- Free shipping on all US orders
- Financing options with Afterpay
- Military discount
Childhood is a time for whimsy and experimentation. MiniOlie’s designs are fun, creative, and most of all, delightfully endearing. The company understands that little ones are born with all sorts of personalities, so they offer countless different patterns and styles to get lost in.
They don’t only sell sweaters and onesies, but shoes, accessories, temporary tattoos, and more fun stuff.
If you’ve been dreaming of matching Mommy and Me sets since your pregnancy, they’ve got those too. Plus, dad and siblings can also join in on the fun with family bundles!
The pieces are extremely affordable (they even have a $10 section) which is a relief since kids can grow out of their clothes so quickly.
- Impressive range of baby, toddler, and matching family clothing
- Also carries accessories, seasonal decor, and footwear
- Bright, cheerful designs
- Affordable price range
- International shipping
- Frequent discount codes
Feeding is often one of the most exciting (but also potentially frustrating) journeys for a new parent. Unless you’ve got a little angel who loves to eat anything and everything, there’s bound to be some trial and error.
As you’re feeling out your options, let me throw a name into the hat—Hello Yumi. This brand offers freshly-made, organic, and nutrient-dense foods with subscription plans for kids between the ages of six months and two years.
There are a multitude of different textures and flavors available, tailored toward different ages. With options such as Japanese sweet potato, apricot crumble, and mango chia pudding to name a few, you’ll soon find out how sophisticated your baby’s palate is!
If you’re a friend of the lucky couple, I’d suggest looking into grabbing them a gift card (available as $50, $100, $200, or $500).
- Various stages featuring different food textures to help babies transition from milk to real food
- Multiple flavors available at each stage
- Made with 100% whole and fresh ingredients
- Free from chemicals, preservatives, and added sugars
- Pediatrician and nutritionist-formulated meals
- Free of common allergens (The big 8: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, wheat, and soy)
- Free shipping
New moms may find their newfound ability to lactate quite strange. Today’s breast pumps don’t help in reducing the bizarre feeling, as there’s something uncanny about waiting for a machine to finish funneling in your milk. Plus, it’s far from convenient, as parents must be able to juggle multiple tasks.
To make life easier, Willow pumps allow new moms to move around as they produce milk. It’s a great solution for one-the-go parents who have limited time. Aside from the brand’s in-house models, they also sell convenient products such as cases, milk containers, and bags.
- Provides a more convenient solution for breastfeeding mothers
- Offers products outside of breast pumps
- Insurance-friendly (HSA/FSA)
- Available through Affirm as an alternative payment option
- Free shipping on orders $70 or more
#6 Motherhood Maternity
This one is for expecting mothers. Motherhood Maternity is one of several retail chains that operate under Mothers Work, which was founded by Rebecca Matthias.
Architect by trade, Rebecca was getting ready for her first child when she discovered how there were such few good maternity wear options for professional women who were continuing to work during their pregnancy. So, this determined mama decided to take matters into her own hands.
From casual wear to trendy outfits for special occasions, Motherhood Maternity has endless options that keep you looking sharp and feeling comfortable during that important business presentation.
- Extensive line of quality, affordable maternity and nursing wear for expectant and new moms
- Numerous sales throughout the year
- International shipping available
- Free shipping on US orders of $89 and up
- Instalment payment option available via Afterpay
- Perks program that lets you earn points to put toward discounts, and also gives you access to exclusive offers and free gifts
#7 Snuggle Me Organic
Snuggle Me Organic offers two different sizes of nesting pods. They also have tons of different covers so you can customize the cushion to your liking, as well as accessories every parent needs like swaddles and travel bags.
The lounger takes a lot of stress off of the backs of parents so you can finally give yourself the care you need with your baby right next to you.
Most of the reviewers discuss how their babies rest in the lounger as if they’ve always been in it—which is definitely evidence that it resembles the comfort of their parent’s arms.
On top of that, the cushion is highly recommended for how well it works alongside how convenient it is.
- Comfortable and cozy nests for your baby to snooze in
- International shipping
- Six-month warranty
- Promo codes often
- Machine washable
- Portable and good for traveling
- All-natural, super-soft materials, and no chemicals
- Multi-use (napping, playing, changing)
#8 Silver Cross Baby
The story of Silver Cross Baby starts almost 150 years ago in 1877 when William Wilson created the first ever baby pram. The bouncing suspension and reversible hood were revolutionary, making it easy to keep babies happy, sleepy, and calm so that every day could be a walk in the park (literally and figuratively).
By 1895, Silver Cross was popularized pretty quickly as a pram was supplied for King George VI. In the 1950s, the company was well known for its careful craftsmanship, quality designs, and beautiful styles. Which, it’s worth noting, is what the company is still known for today.
Since the 2000s, products have become available worldwide, though its headquarters are still based in Yorkshire, England. The company remains committed to innovation and quality design, endlessly striving for perfection and excellence in every aspect of its collection.
- Wide variety of baby necessities, from strollers to swaddles to furniture and bedding
- Options for the whole family with necessities for parents and toys for children
- Lightweight, easy-to-move prams, strollers, and car seats
- Tried and true for almost 150 years
- Handcrafted prams since 1877
- Designed in the UK
- 3-year warranty
- Free delivery on orders over $99
Nanit blossomed out of what many parents felt they needed: a product that fused modern technology with the centuries-old desire to keep our little ones healthy and safe.
With Nanit’s revolutionary baby monitor, smart sheets, and other technological products, parents can track their baby’s breathing, height, weight, sounds, movement, and more. The data connects to the Nanit App, where parents can access the information whenever they would like to.
- The device also tracks the humidity and temperature of the room
- In-crib devices are made with special patterns that the camera reads, so there is no digital technology in the crib with your baby
- Data is accessible via a user-friendly phone application
- Access to a digital baby book that saves memories and can be shared with friends and family
- Sends alerts to your phone when something is wrong
- Gives off lower radiation levels than other household products like TVs
- Personal information cannot be hacked
Making sure your baby (and, by extension, you) get a good night’s sleep all starts with choosing the right bassinet. You want them to be safe and snuggly for uninterrupted sleep, but you also want an ergonomic, fuss-free design for bleary-eyed parents doing their tenth night-feeding.
That’s why Halo exists, creating specialty bassinets, sleep sacks, mattresses, and other sleep-related products with your child’s comfort and safety as their top priority. Their mission is to put a parent’s mind at ease so that you can enjoy this magical time with your sweet newborn.
- Safe and comfortable sleep options for newborns and babies up to 20 pounds.
- The Halo Swivel Sleeper features a 360 swivel that makes it super easy for nighttime feeding.
- Halo also features many other safe sleep products, such as the Halo Sleep Sack.
- Easy 30-day returns
- Free shipping over $50