Clothes Doctor Review
In partnership with Clothes Doctor
Table of Contents
About Clothes Doctor
Clothes Doctor is a sustainable clothing care brand based in the UK, founded in 2017 by Lulu O’Connor.
Determined to find a way to lengthen the lifespan of garments, she set about on a mission to offer laundry products, eco-friendly accessories, repair services, and clothing care knowledge to customers around the world.
The brand sells detergents, clothing freshening sprays, scent bags, moth repellants, stain removers, clothes brushes, and so much more. On top of that, Clothes Doctor also offers services to help bring your damaged apparel back to life. All of this helps reduce textile waste—one clean, restored sweater at a time.
If you’ve got some pieces in your wardrobe that are precious to you, keep reading this Clothes Doctor review to see how you can keep them fresh for years to come.
I’ll go over the brand’s best-selling products, some customer reviews, and more. First, let’s start with some pros and cons.
Why You Should Trust Us
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions. Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
In this section of my Clothes Doctor review, I’ll give you a quick overview of some highlights of the brand and its services:
- Eco-friendly: Clothes Doctor’s products are designed to be eco-friendly and sustainable, which is a positive for consumers who are concerned about the environment.
- Vegan and cruelty free: The products are not tested on animals, are free of palm oil, and ingredients are plant derived.
- Quality: Many customers have praised the quality of Clothes Doctor’s products, indicating that they are effective and long-lasting.
- Personalized service: Clothes Doctor offers personalized advice and recommendations to customers who need help with their clothing care, which can be a valuable service.
Overall, if you are looking for eco-friendly clothing care products and personalized advice, Clothes Doctor may be a good option.
When it comes to clothing that you wear close to your skin (and your nose), scents are everything.
Clothes Doctor offers a range of eco-friendly clothing care products that are available in different scents. They vary depending on the product and are designed to provide a pleasant fragrance while also being gentle on clothes and the environment.
You might catch a whiff of these:
- Signature: This is Clothes Doctor’s signature scent, which is a blend of lavender, cedarwood, and bergamot. It is designed to provide a relaxing, fresh fragrance that is not overpowering.
- Citrus: Clothes Doctor’s citrus scent is a blend of lemon, lime, and orange essential oils. It is designed to provide a refreshing, uplifting fragrance that is perfect for summer.
- Peppermint: The peppermint scent is designed to provide a refreshing, invigorating fragrance that is perfect for gym clothes or other activewear.
- Unscented: Clothes Doctor also offers unscented products for those who prefer not to use scented products or have sensitive skin.
It’s worth noting in this Clothes Doctor review that the brand’s scents are derived from natural essential oils and are free from synthetic fragrances and harsh chemicals. This makes them a great choice for those who are looking for eco-friendly, non-toxic alternatives to traditional laundry products.
4 Clothes Doctor Bestsellers
So, without further ado, let’s look at some of the brand’s most popular products, shall we? Below, I’ve compiled a small selection that includes a spritz, detergents, and a bundle. I should also note in this Clothes Doctor review that the packaging is recyclable.
Clothes Doctor Clothing Spritz – White Tea and Mint Review
The Clothes Doctor Clothing Spritz – White Tea and Mint is described as “like dry shampoo, but for your clothes.” It essentially targets bacteria and replaces odors on your clothing with a much more pleasant scent.
If you’re not ready to wash your garments yet, simply add a bit of this spritz to your steamer or spray it directly onto the clothing item. The featured ingredients in this product are white tea, mint, lavender, and peppermint. Talk about a blend of delicious notes!
The Clothing Spritz – White Tea and Mint costs $24.
Customers say: “Adore this spritz. Freshens up my clothing charmingly that would normally have been washed unnecessarily soon. Thank you. All in the interests of climate change!”
Clothes Doctor Eco Wash For Cashmere and Wool Detergent Review
Clothes Doctor offers a line of eco wash detergents targeted towards specific fabrics, including sportswear, silk, baby clothes, and more. Let’s look at the Eco Wash For Cashmere and Wool Detergent.
This detergent uses a gentle formula that intends to keep your wool socks, sweaters, scarves, and other apparel clean and safe from moth attacks. Formulated with a neutral pH, you can add it to your routine when hand-washing your garments, or before setting the washing machine to a delicates cycle.
The scent contains notes of Himalayan cedarwood, orange oil, patchouli, and geranium oil. If I were you, I’d use it in the morning for a delicious, refreshing aroma.
The Eco Wash For Cashmere and Wool Detergent comes to a cool $15.
Customers say: “I am so specific about smells and this detergent is a keeper. It has motivated me to wash my jumpers more often!”
Clothes Doctor Basil & Mandarin Leaf Eco Liquid Detergent Review
If you like earthy, fresh essential oils, the Basil & Mandarin Leaf Eco Liquid Detergent might be the one for you.
Concocted with a blend of basil, mandarin leaf, cardamom oil, and eucalyptus, it helps your clothes smell better than a koala. It combats tough-to-remove stains and saves your apparel from reach the landfill too soon.
Add the Basil & Mandarin Leaf Eco Liquid Detergent to your cart for $28.
Customers say: “I love this product. The packaging is stylish and eco friendly, it lasts for a lot of washes and the scent is wonderful. Clothes smell amazing and so does the house after doing the laundry. Love it, highly recommended.”
Clothes Doctor ‘Rescue, Treat, Protect’ Scented Bag Collection Review
Searching for a thoughtful gift to give your favorite tree-hugger? How about this ‘Rescue, Treat, Protect’ Scented Bag Collection, composed of three fragrance bags?
- ‘Rescue Me’ smells like jasmine, chamomile, rose petals, rhubarb, and lavender
- ‘Treat Me’ smells like orange, cinnamon, star anise, and cloves
- ‘Protect Me’ smells like lavender, sandalwood, eucalyptus, lemongrass, and patchouli
You can’t really go wrong with Clothes Doctor’s unique blends, but just in case your nose finds a smell particularly funny, browse this list of ingredients:
Sustainability sourced, these bags release a wonderful aroma when gently crushed. The contents are completely organic and non-artificial, and they last for over 3 months!
You can throw them in your dresser drawers, hang them in the closet, pop them in a pocket, or put them under a pillow to keep your bedding fresh too. As a bonus, they have moth-repelling properties.
The bundle costs $34 altogether.
Customers say: “Love these! Generously sized bags of lovely whiffy scents.”
Who Is Clothes Doctor For?
Clothes Doctor is a brand that is designed for those who are concerned about the environmental impact of clothing care practices, and are looking for more sustainable options.
The brand’s eco-friendly products and services are particularly appealing to those who want to reduce their carbon footprint and minimize their use of synthetic chemicals in their daily lives.
Clothes Doctor’s products and services are also geared towards individuals who are interested in extending the life of their clothes through careful maintenance and repair.
This includes people who want to save money by avoiding frequent clothing replacements, as well as those who are interested in reducing their overall consumption and waste.
What Do Experts Think?
Clothes Doctor has been well-received by experts in the fashion and sustainability industries. Here are a few examples of what they’ve said about the brand:
- Fashion Revolution: Clothes Doctor was named as a top sustainable laundry brand by Fashion Revolution in their 2021 White Paper. The report highlights the brand’s commitment to eco-friendly materials and ethical manufacturing practices.
- The Sustainable Edit: Blogger and sustainable fashion advocate Jen Gale has recommended Clothes Doctor’s products as a more sustainable alternative to traditional laundry products. In a blog post, she praised the brand’s commitment to using natural and biodegradable ingredients.
- The Good Trade: Clothes Doctor’s products were featured in a roundup of eco-friendly laundry detergents by The Good Trade. The article highlights the brand’s use of natural ingredients and biodegradable packaging.
Clothes Doctor Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
I’ve covered all of the bases so far in this Clothes Doctor review. Now, it’s time to see what customers think of the brand, its products, services, and customer service.
Let’s see how some of the bestsellers featured in this review are rated on Amazon, as of 1/05/23.
- Clothing Spritz – White Tea and Mint: 4.1/5 stars from 43 reviews
- Eco Wash For Cashmere and Wool Detergent: 4.4/5 stars from 103 reviews
- Basil & Mandarin Leaf Eco Liquid Detergent: 3.8/5 stars from 56 reviews
Not too bad! One customer shared their thoughts about the Clothing Spritz – White Tea and Mint: “It has a delicious smell and as it contains mint I find the scent to be very unisex which is ideal as both my fiancé and myself can both use it in our clothes.”
Another customer left a review for the Eco Wash for Wool and Cashmere Detergent on the brand’s website, “I am delighted. It was simple to use, no harsh additives and the first time that I had washed my bright green jumper with no loss of colour. the after wash fragrance is very pleasant.”
On Trustpilot, the company received a score of 3.3/5 stars from 132 reviews. One happy customer wrote about the repair service:
“Brilliant mending, would recommend. Wonderful service from Clothes Doctor: quick delivery of quote on request, clear instructions on packing off our holey jumpers and beloved woolen cat toy, and everything sent back with near-as-possible invisible fixes.”
Lastly, this Clothes Doctor review discusses the responsiveness of the brand’s customer service, “I purchased some cashmere and delicates wash, along with a couple of other bits for cashmere care. Sadly, when they arrived both bottles were leaking as the lids had been damaged in transit; however, I contacted clothes doctor and they kindly sent out two new bottles which reached me in perfect condition.”
All in all, it seems that the internet is buzzing with positive feedback for Clothes Doctor.
Is Clothes Doctor Worth It?
Summarizing everything I’ve come across while doing my research on Clothes Doctor, the brand is one worth checking out. They have a commendable mission of promoting sustainability in the fashion world and their laundry products have been praised for their effectiveness.
Clothes Doctor Promotions & Discounts
At the time of this Clothes Doctor review, the brand offers free shipping over £40. You can also take 10% off your order and a chance to win a year’s supply of detergent when you sign up for their mailing list.
Where to Buy Clothes Doctor
Who owns Clothes Doctor?
Lulu O’Connor, the founder, owns Clothes Doctor.
Where is Clothes Doctor located?
Clothes Doctor’s headquarters are in Brighton, UK. They don’t have a brick and mortar store as of yet but you can find their products in boutiques and online stores such as the ones mentioned above in this Clothes Doctor review.
What is Clothes Doctor’s Shipping Policy?
Clothes Doctor offers worldwide shipping for their products; policies may vary depending on the destination country. Here are some of the general guidelines:
- Orders are typically processed within 1-2 business days
- UK orders are shipped via Royal Mail and usually arrive within 1-2 business days. International orders are shipped via DHL or UPS and can take 3-7 business days to arrive
- Shipping fees vary depending on the destination country and the size of the order. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout
- Clothes Doctor offers free UK shipping for orders over £40
What is Clothes Doctor’s Returns Policy?
Clothes Doctor accepts returns on all products within 30 days of purchase, as long as the items are unused and in their original packaging. Here are some additional details about their returns policy:
- To initiate a return, customers should contact Clothes Doctor’s customer service team at [email protected] and provide their order number and reason for the return
- Clothes Doctor will provide a returns address, and customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping
- Once Clothes Doctor receives the returned items, they will issue a refund to the original payment method within 10 business days
How to Contact Clothes Doctor
I hope you found this Clothes Doctor review useful! Get in touch with the brand with further questions through the following channels:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +44 (0) 7791 141 703
- Social media: Facebook or Instagram
Next, check out some recent reviews you might find useful: