Pact Clothing Review
Table of Contents
I love shopping for clothing. The buzz of buying something new is fun and exciting, but depending on what I buy, I know it comes with consequences—for both the earth and those who made it.
Knowing that totally deflates my high. So here’s the thing: when you shop with a conscious brand, that doesn’t happen. That likely explains the recent uptick in Google searches for “sustainable clothing brands,” as this graph demonstrates.
If you came to this Pact clothing review in hopes of finding a brand worth supporting, you may have just struck gold. With a line of supremely soft, organic, Fair Trade clothing for the whole family, Pact uses sustainable materials, offers carbon offsets, and donates to those in need.
Pact was founded in Boulder, Colorado, in 2009 by Jason Kibbey and Jeff Denby. The company manufactures in India, where the vast majority of organic cotton production occurs. Not only do they distinguish themselves from other companies with their organic products, but Pact strives to do organic differently.
Getting to know what the brand is all about for Pact clothing review, I came to learn that it’s all about accessibility. With clothing that’s “practical, comfortable, and easy,” in essence, you can count on Pact’s organic cotton any time and anywhere.
Pact’s mission is simple, but I think it’s also admirable: to make organic apparel affordable. They believe it’s essential that people care about what they put on their skin, not only what goes into their bodies. Helping to educate shoppers about organic fabrics, Pact also does right by its workers, employing Fair Trade standards.
Though there are a lot of unexpected challenges that come up in everyday life, Pact clothing is a comfortable and sustainable constant for individuals who want organic alternatives that fit their lifestyle.
Is it right for you? In this Pact clothing review, I’ll help you figure that out by examining key elements of the brand like their materials, sizing, best-selling products, feedback, and promotions. Let’s begin by looking at their pros and cons.
Pros and Cons
- Sustainable materials: Pact clothing uses organic cotton and other sustainable materials in its production. Organic cotton is grown without the use of harmful pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, reducing the environmental impact compared to conventional cotton farming.
- Fair trade practices: Pact emphasizes fair trade principles by ensuring that the workers involved in their supply chain are treated fairly and paid living wages. This supports better livelihoods and working conditions for the people involved in the production process.
- Transparency: Pact strives to provide transparency by sharing information about their supply chain, manufacturing processes, and certifications.
- Comfort and quality: Pact clothing is known for its comfort and high-quality construction. They focus on creating garments that are soft, durable, and designed to last, reducing the need for frequent replacements.
- Versatility and style: Pact offers a range of versatile and stylish clothing options, including basics, loungewear, activewear, and more.
- Limited product range: While Pact offers a variety of clothing options, their product range may be more limited compared to conventional fashion brands.
- Higher price point: Sustainable and ethically produced clothing often comes with a higher price tag. Pact clothing may be more expensive compared to fast fashion alternatives due to the use of organic materials and fair trade practices.
- Sizing and fit: Some customers have reported inconsistent sizing and fit with Pact clothing.
Pact clothing primarily uses organic cotton in its products. Organic cotton is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs). This reduces the environmental impact of cotton farming and promotes healthier soil and water resources.
In addition to organic cotton, Pact also incorporates other sustainable materials into its clothing. These may include:
- Recycled materials: Pact utilizes recycled materials, such as recycled polyester or recycled nylon, in some of its garments. These materials are made from post-consumer waste, such as plastic bottles or fishing nets, which helps reduce the demand for new resources and diverts waste from landfills.
- TENCEL™ Lyocell: TENCEL™ Lyocell is a type of cellulose fiber made from sustainably sourced wood pulp. It is known for its softness, breathability, and moisture-wicking properties. Pact may incorporate TENCEL™ Lyocell into its products to enhance their performance and comfort.
- Modal: Modal is another type of cellulose fiber made from beech tree pulp. It is known for its silky feel, breathability, and resistance to shrinking or fading.
- Hemp: Hemp is a versatile and sustainable plant fiber that requires fewer resources to grow compared to conventional cotton. It is known for its durability, breathability, and antimicrobial properties. It’s also a more sustainable alternative to traditional fabrics.
- Organic wool: Organic wool comes from sheep raised according to organic standards, ensuring that the animals are treated humanely and that the wool is produced without the use of synthetic chemicals.
The majority of customers state that Pact runs true to size. Some of their garments are over-sized, but they’re described as such so you should be able to plan accordingly. Check out the sizing chart I’ve included in the FAQ section of this Pact clothing review for more information.
What Types of Apparel Does Pact Offer?
Pact offers a wide range of sustainable and ethically made clothing for men, women, and kids. Their clothing collection includes:
- Basics: Pact is well-known for its collection of organic cotton basics, such as t-shirts, tank tops, long-sleeve shirts, and sweatshirts. These versatile essentials are designed for everyday wear and are available in various colors and styles.
- Activewear: Pact offers activewear options for both men and women, including leggings, joggers, sports bras, and performance tops. These garments are designed to provide comfort, flexibility, and breathability during physical activities.
- Loungewear: For cozy and comfortable lounging at home, Pact provides loungewear options like sweatpants, hoodies, robes, and pajama sets. These pieces are often made from soft and sustainable fabrics to enhance relaxation.
- Underwear and intimates: Pact offers a range of underwear styles, including briefs, boxers, bikinis, and hipsters, made from organic cotton or other sustainable materials. They also have a selection of bras, bralettes, and camisoles designed for comfort and support.
- Dresses and skirts: Pact offers casual dresses and skirts made from organic cotton or other sustainable fabrics. These options include shift dresses, maxi dresses, wrap dresses, and A-line skirts in various prints and colors.
- Outerwear: Pact provides outerwear options like jackets and coats made from sustainable materials. These pieces are designed to keep you warm and protected while still adhering to Pact’s commitment to sustainability.
- Socks and accessories: Pact offers organic cotton socks in various styles, including ankle socks, crew socks, and no-show socks. They also have accessories like scarves, hats, and gloves made from sustainable materials.
6 Best-Selling Pact Products
In this part of my Pact clothing review, I’ll dive into the brand’s collection and present their hottest items. So what’s it like? I’ll give you the details on their essential underwear, leggings, hoodies, and more.
Women’s Organic Undies – Classic Fit Bikini
The Classic Fit Bikini undies are made with 95% organic cotton which I’ve heard is the best option for feminine hygeine. Aside from next-to-skin comfort and softness on your bottom, choosing organic cotton has significant benefits. Here’s an interesting fact from my Pact clothing review: Fair Trade Certified underwear saves 3.9 gallons of water!
In terms of underwear, these babes are pretty simple, but I think they’re a style every gal should own for daily wear. They have a simple and elegant line with a high cut leg, mid-rise waist and fuller back coverage.
The best part about these undies? They’re breathable, so you can move without feeling constrained or self-conscious throughout the day. This type of Pact underwear is made of pre-washed fabric and are shrink resistant; they have subtle stretch and won’t add any headache with their easy wear and care. I don’t know about you, but that’s exactly how I like my underwear to be.
You won’t be caught fussing beneath your pant line with the tagless, smooth flat waistband, either. Pick your Pact undies to match the occasion with 12 soft color options that fit true to size, including pink leopard, wildflowers, and watercourse for $14.
Customers say: “The cottony feels great, and they don’t ride up on me.“
Men’s Organic Boxer Briefs
I grew up with brothers, and if there’s one thing that I gathered, it’s that a breathable boxer briefs count. You’ll be comfortable in Pact organic underwear with their next-to-skin softness.
The briefs have a subtle stretch, so they move with you when you’re lifting that heavy set in the gym or sitting down in tight suit pants. The boxer briefs have a flattering cut-extended leg for full coverage, sitting over just the right amount of quad to keep you fuss-free.
These Pact briefs are styled with a low rise waist and a snug fit. They’re equipped with a functional vertical fly and a no-roll, smooth flat waistband. They’re also easy to wear and care for; you won’t have to mess around with separating the delicates from your laundry. Delicates—what are those anyway? With pre-washed, shrink resistant fabric, you’re in the clear!
The Men’s Organic Boxer Briefs are made with 95% Fair Trade Certified organic cotton. You can feel good about yourself in this ethical men’s clothing—15.8 gallons of water is saved by producing one pair.
The briefs come in nine colors—a combination of neutrals and bolder shades like grape and mountain camo, but you can always stick with the classic men’s white boxer briefs. If you are between sizes, I’ll take this point in my Pact clothing review to suggest sizing up. Grab a pair for $20.
Customers say: “Great quality and very soft. Pact customer service is top notch.“
Women’s Pocket Leggings
I’m pretty picky with my leggings. I have three different types: ones for lounging, ones for day wear, and ones for working out. The Pact Pocket Leggings are definite day wear leggings thanks to their breathable, sculpting fabric, but they would probably work in a gym setting too.
With a high waist and pockets, they allow you to keep your valuables on you when you’re heading out for an early morning dog walk or quick jaunt to the store without the need to carry extra baggage. This convenience is matched with performance material to help you feel your best during your workouts or daily errands.
My favorite part? The contour elastic waistband with an internal infinity drawcord allows you to adjust without interrupting your day.
These Pact leggings are designed with your comfort in mind, offering next-to-skin softness. They’re also pretty durable and made to last day-to-day wear. This is a relief to any legging lover who loathes pilling, fraying or thinning fabric. So go ahead, stretch into your downward dog with leggings that fit true to size in neutral or flashy colours (I’m obsessed with the navy cactus print).
Made with 89% organic cotton, 42 gallons of water were saved in their production. That’s enough water to quench the thirst of two to four lactating cows! You’re doing a good deed. Pick up a pair of Pact Pocket Leggings in sizes XS-XXL for $42.
Customers say: “Amazing color, not too thigh at waist, which is always my issue, but stays up even when I put stuff in the pocket. Heavy enough for SF weather.”
Maternity Go-To Legging
When you’re growing a human, I think you deserve to be as comfortable as you possibly can. Pact maternity tights contain 92% organic cotton. I like that mothers can feel good about the super soft, sustainable product as their baby grows.
And here’s where it gets really cool: As you nurture the new life inside you, you’re also caring for our earth by saving 42 gallons of water. As a mother-to-be, it is suggested that you drink 8 to 10 8-ounce glasses of water per day. Think of how much the product gives back!
The Maternity Go-To Leggings have a single layer fitted waistband that holds your belly in place and comes in sizes S-XL. They’re designed to look beautiful during pregnancy and beyond with a full length, fitted silhouette. Expectant mothers commented that the leggings are “incredibly soft” and that they wear them all the time.
Paired with your natural pregnancy glow, these maternity tights are $50 and are meant to make you feel both radiant and comfortable as you take on the world for two.
Maternity Nursing Bralette
When I think about nursing bras, the thought of a large, unflattering contraption comes to my mind—but it’s 2022 and now, you don’t have to give up style while you’re breastfeeding.
The Maternity Nursing Bralette has the easy-wearing straps and back of a supportive sports bra. Its front plunges in a tasteful and feminine ‘V’ line, allowing your babe easy access.
The wireless crossover styling of Pact organics is ideal for a pullover nursing function. Feeding your baby is one of the most incredible and rewarding aspects in early motherhood, and Pact wants to make this experience one of comfort and ease. Quick note: When you’re choosing your bra, keep in mind that the maternity line is designed to fit your pre-pregnancy size.
The bralette is made with 95% organic cotton, so you can begin the journey of motherhood with soft, soothing and sustainable materials. You’re setting an example for your baby by saving 15.8 gallons of water and supporting the environment that your baby will grow into. The Pact Maternity Nursing Bralette is priced at $44. Get it in chill colors like honey stripe in sizes S-XL.
Men’s Seaside Slub Hooded Pullover
Judging from its casual look, I think the Men’s Seaside Slub Hooded Pullover is perfect for decompressing on the weekend, or for after-work lounging. The soft organic cotton sweater is available in pewter, midnight navy, cadet blue, or goldenrod. Put on your AirPods, pull up the brushed metal zipper and tug on the natural drawcords—it’ll feel like you never left the comfort of your duvet.
The three-panel hood design of this piece ensures an excellent fit. Pair the Men’s Seaside Slub Hooded Pullover with the Essential Sweatpant for the ultimate comfort. There’s a reason kangaroos stay in the pouch: once you slide your hands into the kangaroo pockets, you’ll have to be coaxed into taking them out again.
While researching for this Pact clothing review, I learned that certified organic cotton consumes much less water than conventional cotton. When you wear this Pact hoodie, a whopping 112.2 gallons of water is saved. Pact never uses harmful inorganic pesticides and fertilizers, so there is little to no water pollution.
You can pick this hoodie up for $53.
Customers say: “The lightweight supple feel has made this my favorite long sleeve shirt. The sleeves are nice a long so the shirt doesn’t feel restrictive.“
The two biggest draws to kid’s tights for children are comfort and appearance. The Classic Leggings come in bright stripes and patterns so that your little one is cheerful at the idea of getting dressed.
Your child won’t resent the transition from pyjama pants with the soft, breathable organic cotton of these leggings. The tagless back label on the tights for kids won’t irritate their skin, and the comfy, pull-on waistband provides no-fuss fit. I think they’re the perfect kid’s pants.
These Pact kids leggings are made of a pre-washed, shrink resistant fabric, so they can be tossed into the wash easily. The 95% cotton leggings are ankle length, so you can send your child off to school knowing that they’re dressed for any weather.
Pact offers the Classic Leggings in a 3-Pack for $44.
Customers say: “Love these leggings, and especially that I feel good about the purchase every time my daughter wears them. They fit great and are well made.“
Who is Pact For?
Pact clothing will interest conscious and ethical shoppers. Those who prioritize sustainable fashion and want to support brands that align with their values may choose Pact as a go-to option.
Plus, they make products for the whole family, so you get your kid on the sustainable clothing train early on.
Pact Clothing Review: What Do Customers Think?
This Pact clothing review wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t look at feedback, so in this section, that’s precisely what I’ll do. Hitting up wearpact.com first, I found that most customer Pact reviews said that all of their clothes were of high quality.
In other Pact reviews, shoppers also suggested that the material felt good against their skin. Of the Classic Fit Bikini, one wrote:
Customers who shopped for quality and customer service said that they received both when choosing Pact. A common theme in feedback? Clothing was affordable and the fit was great.
Leggings are not always easy to find, according to customers. I can confirm that. More than one Pact clothing review I found revealed that many think the brand’s leggings are flattering.
In an attempt to find Pact apparel reviews outside of the brand’s website, I turned to Trustpilot and found an overall score of 4.5/5 stars, from 1,190 shoppers as of June 2023.
While I saw some great feedback there for its clothing, more so, people love Pact’s customers service. One Pact review read: “The customer service rep was gracious, polite, efficient, and timely. Issue was resolved quickly and pleasantly.”
On Trustpilot, I found some negative comments about customer service too as well as a few about long shipping times. With that said, for the majority (it seems consistently over 80% of shoppers), Pact is an awesome brand to shop with.
Finally, I checked out Pact clothing reviews on ThingsTesting. As of the time of updating this article (June 2023), the brand held an average score of 3.3/5 stars based on more than 25 customer testimonials.
The consensus is that though the clothes are sustainably made, they don’t last too long. Some customers reported that their garments only made it through a year.
That being said, some shoppers had great success with other pieces, such as one woman who wrote, “Pact has some of the best basics! All of the pieces I own are buttery soft and of really great quality- definitely a staple brand in my house! Highly recommend!“
Is Pact Clothing Worth It?
Pact is a socially conscious brand that sets a high bar and does excellent work. Though it manufactures its clothing in India, the brand works to offset carbon emissions and minimizes its packaging.
While the company makes efforts to hit the significant markers in sustainable clothing production, Pact may not be 100% there, though it’s continuing to evolve. The fact alone that the organic cotton it uses requires 81% less water than conventional cotton is significant.
So are they worth it? Based on everything I’ve learned throughout this Pact clothing review, I certainly think so.
Pact Promotions & Discounts
While scoping out the brand’s site for this Pact clothing review, I found that you can get 20% off your first order. You don’t need a Pact apparel coupon code for this, just enter your email when prompted. You can also refer a friend to get a $20 credit.
Want more? I suggest subscribing to their newsletter to stay up to date on any Pact apparel promo code offered.
Pact isn’t the only sustainable clothing brand out there. In fact, here are three others that may be worth your time.
Elwood Clothing is a fashion brand that focuses on casual, streetwear-inspired clothing for men. Founded in 1996 by Brian Kim, Elwood has established itself as a recognizable brand within the streetwear scene.
The brand draws inspiration from skateboarding, music, art, and urban culture, creating clothing that reflects a relaxed and effortlessly cool aesthetic.
For Days is a sustainable clothing brand that aims to revolutionize the fashion industry’s approach to consumption and waste. Founded in 2017 by Kristy Caylor, For Days is built on a unique closed-loop system that focuses on reducing textile waste and promoting circularity.
Beyond Yoga is a popular activewear brand known for its high-quality, stylish, and comfortable clothing designed for active lifestyles and athleisure wear.
Founded in 2005 by Jodi Guber Brufsky, Beyond Yoga focuses on creating clothing that combines fashion and function, allowing individuals to feel confident and comfortable during their workouts or while running errands.
Where to Buy Pact Apparel
Pact clothing can be purchased through their website, wearpact.com. The brand is also available with other online retailers:
Pact Apparel Sizing Guide
Finding the right size is crucial to getting a comfortable fit—especially when shopping online. I’ve included Pact’s size charts for women, men, and kids below.
|Women’s Size Guide
|All Sizing US-Based
|Men’s Size Guide
|All Sizing US-Based
|Kids & Toddler Size Guide
|All Sizing US-Based
|51-53 ½ “
Pact Shipping Policy
Pact shipping orders are processed within two business days. Domestic and international shipping timelines and methods are:
- Standard shipping for packages to the Continental US, shipped via FedEx, Smartpost and final delivery through USPS
- Expedited orders are expected to arrive within 2-3 business days after shipping
- Orders to Hawaii and Alaska are estimated to arrive 2-3 business days after shipping
- Canadian orders ship via USPS with no expedited options available; additional duties and fees may be applied with no guaranteed delivery time frame
|5-7 business days after shipping
|Up to 3 business days after shipping
|International Standard (Canada Only)
|A timeline cannot be guaranteed
Pact Return Policy
In my Pact clothing review, I noticed that the brand offers free Pact returns! Pact’s Perfect Fit Exchange is built around a desire to provide you with the, of course, perfect fit for your underwear, bras, leggings and tights.
If you’re unhappy with your first pair, Pact offers a free size exchange or refund within 60 days of purchase. Pact accepts other unworn, unwashed items in their original condition within 60 days of purchase. Access your return authorization and free return shipping label at the Pact website.
If you need support beyond the information I included in this Pact clothing review, their team is always happy to help. Contact them at:
- Phone: 800-662-7228 (Monday – Friday 8 AM – 4 PM)
- Or send the team an e-mail by clicking in the bottom left-hand corner of wearpact.com
Explore other clothing options for all ages. Check out our reviews for these top selling brands:
Tommy John underwear for men, women, and kids
Freshly Picked footwear for babies and kids
Mahabis slippers for men, women, and kids
For new moms, check out the Leakproof Nursing Bra by Knixwear.