Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream Review
In partnership with Fig.1
Table of Contents
It seems like everywhere you look, someone is telling you about the benefits of retinol, how it’s the cure for baggy eyes, how it helped them rejuvenate their skin, or even how it helped them work out of debt. I’m obviously exaggerating with that last point, but you can’t deny that more people than ever are using the compound.
The Vitamin-A derivative is available in many forms from multiple companies, but Fig. 1’s Retinol Night Cream Level-Up system stands above the pack. The clinically proven product can provide up to 24 hours of moisturization for your skin, improve skin tone, and dampen wrinkles. This vegan and cruelty-free product has been tested to be effective on all skin types and tones.
The company behind the product, Fig.1, is a dermatologist-developed brand on a mission to deliver customers affordable and effective skincare products. Using expert-developed, scientifically-proven, and ethically-conscious ingredients, Fig.1 is a beacon for skincare products to follow.
Furthermore, as you level-up to more potent doses of Retinol, your skin acclimates and is less likely to experience irritation. Thanks to Fig.1’s time-release encapsulation technology, the air-and-light tight refillable bottles preserve the efficacy of their treatments and reduce waste. Customers can order refillable cartridges at a $5 discount when they run out of a certain product–like the Retinol Night Cream, for example–to save money and reduce waste.
With that being said, let’s get into the nitty gritty of my Fig. 1 Retinol Night Cream review. Keep reading to learn about the product’s ingredients, benefits, how it works, pricing, and more. To begin, let’s cover the product’s highlights.
- Progressive Retinol System: The product offers a tiered approach with three different levels of retinol concentration, making it suitable for both beginners and those ready for a stronger formulation.
- Clear Ingredients Label: Fig.1’s product contains minimal filler ingredients, emphasizing the active components, such as retinol and bioactive peptides.
- Refillable Bottles: The company offers refill options, promoting sustainability and reducing waste.
- Vegan and Cruelty-Free: The products are vegan and cruelty-free, appealing to those with ethical considerations.
- Positive Customer Reviews: Many customers reported positive results, including improved skin texture, reduced irritation, and enhanced hydration.
- Gentle on Skin: Customers often found the cream to be gentle and non-irritating, particularly in comparison to higher-concentration retinol products.
- Effective for Various Skin Types: Suitable for a wide range of skin types, including sensitive skin.
Why You Should Trust Us
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions.
Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
Recent Studies About Retinol
Since retinol has been getting so much attention lately, it’s worth dedicating a portion of my Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream review to some recent studies that looked into the vitamin A derivative. Here’s a list of articles and studies I implore you to check out on your own time to find out more about how retinol works.
- This 2015 study found that 0.01% retinol formulations can improve photoaging signs and implied that these improvements can continue with further usage.
- A scientific overview from 2012 examined how retinol is being used in cosmetic products and looks at how it can be used in the future.
- This 2018 study honed in on how retinol can affect acne by looking at various formations and treatments.
The two key ingredients in Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream are retinol (obviously) and bioactive peptides. In skincare, bioactive peptides refer to short chains of amino acids that can have specific and targeted effects on the skin when applied topically. These peptides are derived from various sources, including natural proteins and enzymes. They are known for their ability to interact with skin cells and trigger specific biological responses.
Meanwhile, retinol comes from Vitamin A and may provide multiple benefits for the skin in the context of improving skin tone, dealing with pores and acne, and helping reduce the look of wrinkles.
The Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream has a host of benefits for your skin on aesthetic and health levels. It’s not just about making your skin look good, it also delivers care on a smaller scale. Here’s an overview of all the benefits this product can provide.
- Stimulates Collagen Production: Retinol encourages the production of collagen, a protein that provides structure and firmness to the skin. This helps improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Promotes Cell Turnover: Retinol accelerates the rate at which the skin cells renew themselves. This can lead to smoother, more even-toned skin and help address issues like hyperpigmentation.
- Helps with Acne-Prone Skin: Retinol helps unclog pores and reduces inflammation associated with acne. It’s effective in treating both non-inflammatory and inflammatory forms of acne.
- Evens Skin Tone: It can help reduce the appearance of dark spots, age spots, and sun damage, leading to a more even skin tone.
- Fights Free Radicals: Retinol is an antioxidant, which means it helps protect the skin from free radicals. This can help prevent premature aging and damage caused by environmental factors.
- Minimizes Pore Size: By keeping pores clear and reducing excess oil production, retinol can help minimize the appearance of large pores.
- Boosts Hydration: While retinol itself doesn’t moisturize, it can help the skin retain moisture more effectively by strengthening the skin barrier.
- May Help with Skin Conditions: Retinol has been used in the treatment of various skin conditions like psoriasis and keratosis pilaris.
- May Improve Texture of Scars: Retinol may aid in improving the texture and appearance of certain types of scars, including those from acne.
- Prevents Signs of Aging: Regular use of retinol can help prevent premature aging by maintaining skin elasticity and firmness.
How To Use Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream
There’s a designated order when using Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream to achieve maximal results. I’ll break it down assuming that you’re new to retinol. However, you can theoretically skip the first level of treatment depending on how used to the compound you are.
Dubbed the Retinol Level-Up System, Fig.1’s plan involves slowly increasing the retinol concentration you apply to your skin over time. You’ll begin with Retinol Night Cream Level 1, which contains the lowest retinol concentration of the bunch–0.15%, to be exact. Apply it nightly and wait until you go 4 to 6 weeks without irritation before moving onto level 2.
This application period is to warm your skin up to retinol. Jumping to a higher concentration off the bat may stress your skin too much and the benefits wouldn’t be worth it. It’s better to take your time and ensure you’re comfortable with the current formula before moving on to the next. You may also want to apply on a bi-nightly basis at the very start if you’ve never used retinol before.
Once you’ve made it through that period without any irritation, you can move up to the Retinol Night Cream Level 2, which contains double the concentration of the first level (i.e. 0.3%). Just as with the level 1 product, apply it every other night until you’re comfortable applying it nightly. You’ll again have to go through a period of 4 to 6 weeks without irritation before you can move onto the third and final level.
As you can assume, Retinol Night Cream Level 3 contains 0.6% encapsulated retinol. Once again, you’ll follow the same process as before: apply a small portion of the cream every other night until you can progress to a nightly basis. The difference is that by then, you’ll have reached the peak of retinol treatment. There are no higher levels, so once the bottle runs out, purchase a refill of Level 3 Cream.
Each product contains encapsulated retinol, which slowly releases throughout the night to give you 24-hour hydration and potentially reduce irritation. That’s why, despite the leveling-up process, Fig.1’s products are preferred by some customers. Their effects are spread out over time, so it’s easier on the skin.
Each level of the Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream system costs a different amount. The price increases as the retinol concentration does, which makes sense when you think about how you’re paying more for more of a product.
Here are the prices for each level along with the cost of their refills:
- Level 1: $42; refills cost $37
- Level 2: $54; refills cost $47
- Level 3: $62; refills cost $57
Each product comes in a 50mL bottle, which Fig.1 claims is enough to last for the entire 4 to 6 week period required before moving onto the next level.
Who Is Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream For?
One of the big advantages of Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream is that it’s vegan and cruelty-free, meaning that practically anyone can use it regardless of their ethical conditions. Add onto that the fact that the products come in recyclable bottles that you can refill, and these creams become quite attractive to those looking for more sustainable skincare.
But, even if you don’t have those considerations, the Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream offers a wide range of concentrations for all users and sensitivities. Plus, the onboarding plan means that those who have never used retinol before can successfully begin a program and progress their skincare routine as time moves forward.
Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
In order to see how the products fared in consumer’s eyes, let’s look at a few Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream reviews from customers on the brand’s website and beyond. To begin, these are the scores found on Fig.1’s page.
- Retinol Night Cream Level 1: 4.5/5 stars based on more than 20 pieces of customer feedback
- Retinol Night Cream Level 2: 4.9/5 stars based on more than 10 pieces of customer feedback
- Retinol Night Cream Level 3: 3/5 stars based on one customer review
Customer scores were nearly unanimously positive, a fact that was just as evident on other websites. For example, here’s a consumer review taken from Walmart’s website for the Level 1 Retinol Cream. “This cream Works fantastic. Doesn’t seem to burn or redness skin like a lot of the other retinol creams.”
The general consensus among buyers was that the creams were painless and non-irritating. This can most likely be attributed to the lower retinol concentration, which may lead skeptics to believe that the products weren’t effective. That’s not the case at all as many users reportedly saw great results.
“This moisturizer hardly ever irritates my skin. I’ve noticed my complexion looks better, skin seems to be brighter and well moisturizer. I have learned if I’ve been in the sun too much during the day to use the ceramide moisturizer that night instead, or else this product will irritate my skin a little. If you have sensitive skin and have been wanting to try retinol this low-dose product is a great place to start!” wrote one customer.
There were some complaints about how strong the serum was for those with particularly sensitive skin, but many customers just used the cream less often and saw favorable results with less irritation. It was a simple fix that most people intuitively discovered for themselves.
Another customer on Fig.1’s site chimed in with their review, writing, “I have never used a product and seen a difference in my skin so drastically and honestly quickly! This retinol is also incredibly moisturizing and gentle on my skin, I literally recommend this cream to anyone who is beginning to dabble into retinol.”
A few other points that users mentioned were how soft the cream made their skin feel. They said it was light on their skin, soft, and moist without feeling like they coated themselves in oil. The sensation was described as nice and unassuming.
I was particularly surprised to read that some customers had tons of success using the products during the winter. One buyer wrote, “Such a luxurious feel on the skin, and yields incredible results. Has carried me through a New York winter, and is the best feeling moisturizer I’ve used.”
In summary, customers loved how the serum felt on their skin, how it improved their acne and wrinkles, and how they could control the dose if it felt too irritating. To wrap up this section, I’ll leave you with one more customer review, this time from Junip.co.
“I have been using this retinol cream for a year now. It never irritates my sensitive skin and it is so moisturizing that I don’t have to apply a moisturizer after apply. It just feels so nourishing and people have been telling me I glow!”
Is Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream Legit?
Fortunately, no negative reviews mentioned Fig.1’s shipping or communications, and customers who reacted negatively to the cream found the irritations subsided once they decreased their dose. As such, it’s safe to say the cream and the company behind it is legit.
Is Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream Worth It?
I’m inclined to believe that Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream for a few reasons. Firstly, their ingredients label is quite clear, containing little in the way of filler ingredients. Secondly, their progressive system is good for people new to retinol while allowing those who need a stronger dose to get it. Finally, refillable bottles are a smart way to help customers save money and materials.
When you combine all that with strong customer reviews then you can’t go wrong with this retinol night cream.
Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream Promotions & Discounts
A key promotion for Fig.1 is their discount on refills. These are slightly less expensive than buying a new product outright, usually saving you about $5.
Where To Buy Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream
You can pick up the Fig.1 Retinol Night Cream from the brand’s website, www.fig-1.co, or from retailers like Walmart and CVS.
Who Owns Fig.1?
Fig.1 is owned by Dr. Courtney Rubin and her co-founder Kimmy Scotti.
What is Fig.1’s Returns Policy?
You’ll have up to 30 days after your purchase to request a refund from Fig.1. You’ll have to contact them beforehand to initiate the refund request process.
How to Contact Fig.1
Explore your skincare options with these popular beauty brands: