The DB Method Review
Table of Contents
About The DB Method
DB is an acronym that conjures many associations: defensive backs, Daniel Bryan, and the most famous unsolved case in the history of airline robbery, DB Cooper. However, the DB Method might reclaim the title of these exciting initials.
They’ve been praised by publications by PopSugar, Forbes, Vogue, Health, and Byrdie, as well as an angel endorsement from a certain reality show royalty family (I’ll tell you more about that later).
The DB Method machine looks to be an innovation in the world of booty development.
The company’s own skyrocketing growth is nothing to scoff at either. In the past half-decade, they’ve collected over 162k followers on Instagram, 110k likes on Facebook, and 50k subscribers on Youtube.
Wondering if this company can live up to all the hype? My the DB Method review will look at how the machine works, who it’s for, what people think about it, and more so you can decide if they’re worth the investment.
Booties are a billion-dollar industry. Everyone wants to tone, tighten, grow, and fine-tune their bums. Thankfully, the DB Method created a machine that looks to do just that.
Company founder Erika Rayman was a lifelong gym-goer and was growing frustrated with her lack of glute results. It didn’t matter how many Bret Contreras videos she watched, she couldn’t find a way to get the peach she so badly desired.
But she recognized she wasn’t the only person who suffered from this ailment, booty deprivation, that is, and began researching a way to improve glute development. She also wanted to find a way to reduce knee and joint stress that often comes from glute-centric exercises like squats.
So, after four long years of research and development, she launched The DB Method. It’s been called a godsend by some of its customers for how it helped them deepen their relationship and appreciation for their cheeks while mitigating their knee and back pain.
The DB Method can partially thank the Kardashian sisters for their success. Residing peach queen Kim gave each of her sisters their own machine because she loved it so much.
The company has their own app too. The app can supply users with company-generated workouts, track their progress, gain achievements for remaining consistent with their regimen, and challenge themselves by setting goals.
Pros & Cons
I’ll cover more of the brand’s customer reception later on in this the DB Method review. For now, I’ll tell you about some of the company’s pros and cons:
- Targeted Glute Workout: The DB Method machine is designed to target and activate the glute muscles, including the gluteus maximus, medius, and minimus, which are important for overall body functionality, especially in women.
- Convenience and Accessibility: The machine allows users to perform glute exercises at home, eliminating the need to visit a gym or fitness center.
- Engaging and Fun: Many users reported looking forward to using the DB Method machine due to its enjoyable nature and low barrier to entry. The 10-minute workout sessions were perceived as more manageable and enjoyable compared to longer workouts, such as running on a treadmill.
- Potential Physical Changes: Some users reported noticing positive changes in the appearance of their glutes, such as increased perkiness and improved fit of clothing. However, it’s important to note that individual results may vary.
- Limited Workout Variety: The machine primarily focuses on one exercise and does not offer a comprehensive full-body workout. Users may feel the need to supplement their workouts with additional exercises, such as running, Pilates, or strength training, to achieve a well-rounded fitness routine.
- Not a Complete Workout Solution: Some users felt that relying solely on the DB Method machine for their workouts left them wanting more, as it focuses on a specific motion and purpose. Incorporating other exercises and training modalities may be necessary for a well-rounded fitness routine.
The DB Method focuses most of their attention on their namesake machine. They also produce accessories that can modify how users utilize the DB Method machine. Additionally, they have a free app that can provide guidance and help people track their booty gains.
Here’s what makes the DB Method machine stand out:
- Targeted Glute Workout: The DB Method machine is designed to target the glute muscles, including the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus. It mimics the natural squat posture and provides support throughout the entire movement to activate the muscles effectively.
- Construction and Design: The machine is constructed with two parallel upright handles at the front and a seat. It features a tension rod with 220 pounds of preset resistance built into it. The handles bear the logo of the DB Method, which resembles a big peach.
- Ease of Assembly: The machine comes unassembled but can be easily put together without the need for any tools. Its components can be clipped together, and there are instructional videos and booklets provided to assist with the assembly process.
- Compact and Portable: The DB Method machine can be folded up by unscrewing and can be stored conveniently when not in use. Its compact size makes it suitable for home use.
- Workout Duration: Using the DB Method machine, workouts can be completed in a relatively short amount of time. Some users reported using it for as little as 10 minutes a day. This can be beneficial for individuals looking for a quick and efficient glute workout.
- Additional Exercises: While the DB Method machine primarily targets the glutes, it can also be used for other exercises to work the biceps, chest, triceps, and abs, providing a more complete workout experience.
- DB Method App: The DB Method machine has an accompanying app that provides workout videos and instructions. The app includes instructors who offer various workout routines and creative ways to use the machine, such as different ranges of motion and adding pulses. However, some users found the app lacking in terms of the number of videos and the reliance on additional equipment.
- Warranty and Support: The DB Method machines come with a one-year limited warranty, and there is an option to extend it to two full years with DB Care. The company also offers hassle-free machine support and servicing, as well as priority customer service.
Recent Studies On The Benefits Of Physical Exercise
Improved cardiovascular health
- According to a 2018 study, regular exercise can help to improve heart health by strengthening the heart muscle, reducing blood pressure, and improving circulation.
Increased muscle strength and flexibility
- As reported by a 2017 study, exercise can help to build and maintain muscle mass, which can help to improve balance, coordination, and overall mobility. It can also help to improve flexibility and range of motion, reducing the risk of injury.
Reduced risk of chronic diseases
- According to a 2017 study, regular exercise can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
Improved cognitive function
- As per 2021 research findings, exercise has been shown to improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of cognitive decline in aging individuals.
Improved mental health
- As reported by a 2019 study, exercise can help to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, improving overall mental health and well-being.
The DB Method Machine
I’m going to spend this portion of my the DB Method review covering the brand’s titular machine. It’s the product they’re the proudest of and you don’t have to consult a Ouija board to see why.
The DB Method machine can solve a problem that many home gym developers all too commonly face. You can stack up on dumbbells and benches to fuel your upper body workouts. You can perform all the side lateral raises, reverse crunches, unilateral pause chest presses, and bicep curls you want, but it’s hard to adequately stimulate your legs.
Our lower bodies generate too much force and regular dumbbells usually aren’t enough to tax them. Hence why the brand made the DB Method machine. It’s one of the best pieces of fitness equipment for hitting your glutes, a notoriously difficult muscle group to exercise yet one that holds a lofty position in society.
This machine distributes the force you generate from a traditional squat right onto your glutes, giving you a butt-dominant workout that shouldn’t tax your other leg muscles too much. Its predetermined path can keep your squats safer and less potentially injuring than barbell back squats.
The other appeal of the DB Method machine is how convenient it is, especially compared to a regular squat rack. The entire machine weighs a hair under 30 pounds, requires no tools for its assembly, and stands 45.5” x 20” x 39.5”.
This machine can support users who weigh up to 250 pounds and the adjustable seat can cater to anyone as short as 5’ and as tall as 6’3”.
You can pick up the DB Method machine for $329.
The DB Method Accessories
While the DB Method machine is quite attractive by itself, it’s not the only piece of equipment that this company distributes. I’ll tell you about some of the brand’s other products in this segment of my the DB Method review.
The DB Method DreamBelt Review
The DB Method DreamBelt is the easiest way for you to ramp up your workout using the company’s titular machine. It’s a weighted belt that can add 10 pounds of resistance to your squats.
Ten pounds may not seem like a lot of weight, but you have to consider the angle of the squat that the DB Method machine uses. At that angle, even adding 10 pounds can increase the workout’s difficulty, and potentially your results, vastly.
The DB Method DreamBelt spreads the weight evenly across your waist so that you can remain balanced during the squat. All you need to do is clip it around your navel and you’re all set!
Thanks to its simple shape and design, you can implement the DB Method DreamBelt into a variety of other exercises outside of the squat. You can use it for curls, pull-ups, lunges, or any other calisthenics movement.
Ramp up your workouts with this belt for $60.
The DB Method DreamMat Review
You may look at this item and think, “It’s just a mat. What’s so special about it?” You’d be half right, dear the DB Method review reader. This product is indeed a mat, but how you use it in conjunction with the rest of the brand’s catalog is what makes it worthwhile.
The DB Method DreamMat can provide a soft and forgiving base. That makes it a great item to use for core workouts or for yoga, both of which are exercises that can be improved by using some of The DB Method’s other accessories.
Alternatively, you can slide this mat under the DB Method machine to ensure that it doesn’t slip while you’re using it. It can also protect your floors from any scuffs that could arise from moving the machine around.
You can buy The DB Method DreamMat for $32.
The DB Method DreamLets Review
The next accessory I’ll feature in this the DB Method review is a pair of weighted wrist straps. I can already hear the nosebleeds of Rock Lee fanboys through our monitors at the sheer mention of the DB Method DreamLets.
And Rock Lee from Naruto would take great pleasure in these weights because they can also wrap around your ankles. They each weigh 2 pounds, but attaching them to the ends of your arms and legs increases tension at the weakest part of your muscles. That means you can get more results out of less weight.
The DB Method DreamLets have small holes for you to stick your thumbs into. This can secure them to your wrists. They’re endlessly versatile and can add difficulty to yoga, bodyweight exercises, or even your runs.
Grab a pair of the DB Method DreamLets for $30.
The DB Method DreamBand Review
You may be surprised to learn that an accessory as innocuous as the DB Method DreamBand can add up to nearly 80 pounds of weighted resistance to your squats. It’s just a band after all.
However, this band straps directly to the DB Method machine in such a way that it elevates the resistance unlike anything else. It can help promote greater glute stimulation for maximum booty gains. You might have to buy a few new pairs of pants if you add this item to your repertoire.
You only need to clip the DB Method DreamBand around your thighs and you’ve added a whole new dimension to your squats. It can also increase thigh and quad muscle activation during the squats so that you can develop legs that would make Greg Nuckols blush.
The best part about the DB Method DreamBand is how little it costs for how much value it can provide. You can purchase it for only $22.
The DB Method DreamDiscs Review
The final item I’ll cover in my the DB Method review is this pair of sliding discs. They’re a great way to improve your mobility without leaving a scratch on the ground.
The DB Method DreamDiscs are two gliders that can skirt across hardwood, tile, carpet, or asphalt. They promote smooth movement for floor-based exercises, meaning that you can keep the pressure on the body part you’re exercising without removing your feet from the ground.
You can buy a set of the DB Method DreamDiscs for $18.
Who Is The DB Method For?
These are some of the people I believe can best benefit from using the DB Method machine:
- People with a history of knee or back problems
- People who want an at-home device that targets their glutes
- Those looking to build a small home gym
The DB Method Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
After all the hype that the brand earned from the Kardashians a few years ago, we got curious as to what customers said in their the DB Method reviews. Did the machine live up to the reputation that the Kardashians helped generate, or did they feel like it fell flatter than a pancake booty?
It seems like most people reported the former rather than the latter according to the DB Method reviews I read on the company’s site as of May 2023.
The DB Method machine itself was a hit with fans on the brand’s website. It holds a 5/5 star average score based on more than 3,700 pieces of customer feedback.
Nearly 100% of all users there said the machine improved their bum’s look and shape while 97% claimed that it relieved some of their knee and back pain.
People loved how time efficient their workouts became when using The DB Method Machine. Some said that it only took them 10 minutes to run through a workout that made their booty quiver and shake.
Here’s how one customer described their workout and progress after adding the machine to their rotation.
“I’ve been using my machine for about a month now. Getting your form correct on the machine took a few days but boy do you feel it! I was having horribly tight hamstrings for over a year, resulting in back pain and swollen knees. Along with pelvic floor exercises, the DB machine took care of the rest. I use it for squats and the other methods for strengthening the core.”
Other people spoke of how easy the product was to assemble especially compared to other pieces of fitness equipment. They were relieved with how simply the DB Method machine came together.
This 5/5 stars review harps on that point specifically. “Great piece of equipment. Easy to put together. Videos were easy to follow. Love the ease of it and the add-ons.”
I also checked out how the brand fared on Better Business Bureau. There, they held an overall B rating. Some people felt that the company’s communication skills weren’t up to par, but from what I saw, the DB Method reached out to these customers directly after the fact.
The final place I gathered customer intel was on Reddit. There, people discussed how to use the machine to increase their glute activation. They said that the device by itself targeted their quads more than their glutes, but that there were ways to adjust it for better booty gains.
Here’s how one Redditor used The DB Method Machine to improve their peach.
“I have had mine for 3 months now and I’ve definitely noticed a difference! At first I didn’t feel it in my glutes either but watching the videos they have on fixing that as well as adjusting the seat and making sure to scoot my butt as far back as I can when I start has made all the difference. […] Now when I do the workouts my glutes are sore for 2-3 days!”
Is The DB Method Legit?
The only worrisome tidbits I found in my quest for customer the DB Method reviews were the complaints about company communication on Better Business Bureau.
But as I pointed out, the company responded to many of those critiques, leading me to believe you can feel safe about shopping with them.
Is The DB Method Worth It?
Here are all the reasons that I think you should look into the DB Method:
- More affordable than other pieces of leg training equipment
- Easy to assemble
- Less strain on knees and other vulnerable joints
- Accessories are inexpensive yet add plenty of value to the exercises
The DB Method Promotions & Discounts
You can earn a 30% off the DB Method discount code for little-to-no effort on your part!
All you need to do is sign up for the company’s email newsletter, and they’ll send the code straight to your inbox. You can redeem the code on your first-time purchase or for any machines.
The other way that you can save money is by combining multiple items into one purchase. The company calls this their Kit & Save promotion.
You can build a kit of your favorite accessories and the brand will generate how much money you’d save by buying them together instead of separately.
Where To Buy The DB Method
The only place where you can purchase the DB Method Machine is through the company’s website.
Working on those glutes? Here are a few more options to consider:
- Rogue 3×3 Echo GHD: This machine is mentioned as the best budget glute machine. GHD stands for Glute-Ham Developer, and it is designed to target the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back. It allows for movements like glute-ham raises, back extensions, and sit-ups.
- NordicTrack Commercial 9.9 Elliptical: Considered the best gym machine for glutes, this elliptical machine offers a low-impact cardio workout while engaging the glute muscles. It provides a smooth elliptical motion with adjustable resistance levels and incline settings.
Who owns The DB Method?
Company founder Erika Rayma started the company and still owns the DB Method.
Does The DB Method ship internationally?
The DB Method cannot ship outside of the US at this time.
What is The DB Method’s Shipping Policy?
FedEx carries out all the brand’s deliveries. Customers who live in Hawaii or Alaska will have to pay higher shipping fees.
The company estimates that all orders should arrive anywhere from 5 to 14 business days after they receive your purchase. More accurate shipping times and all shipping charges are calculated at product checkout.
What is The DB Method’s Return Policy?
You’ll have up to 30 days to return any DB Method Machines. They will refund you for your purchase but not for any shipping or receiving fees.
The company doesn’t offer returns on any of their accessories.
How to contact The DB Method
I’ll conclude this the DB Method review by listing all the ways that you can connect with the company if you have any questions left unanswered:
- Call them at 844-484-2028
- Text them at 929-362-6689
- Email them at [email protected]
The DB Method’s customer service team is available to speak between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm ET from Mondays to Fridays.
Check out some of our other recently published articles: