About Vim & Vigr
The team at Vim & Vigr designs therapeutic compression socks for men and women, built for comfort and style. This Vim Vigr socks review will cover key elements of the brand and its products, in order to help you make an informed purchase decision.
Overview of Vim & Vigr
Vim & Vigr socks are made using medical-grade technological machinery and a method known as circular-knitting. Integrating compression with functionality, the Vim & Vigr brand compression socks provide year-round options for all lifestyles. Vim & Vigr began in 2013, after founder Michelle Huie felt underwhelmed by the lack of style and quality of compression socks on the market.
The brand has since been working with vascular surgeons and vein clinics to provide a high-quality and fashionable compression sock. To create their products, Vim & Vigr partners with a Taiwanese manufacturing company that has been producing graduated compression socks for over 45 years. In writing this Vim Vigr socks review, I was impressed by the expertise behind the making of their socks.
Each Vim & Vigr sock undergoes rigorous quality control to ensure product consistency. When newly produced shipments arrive at Vim & Vigr’s headquarters in Missoula, Montana, each batch is hand-tested to test size and compression levels. This results in a compression sock that is second to none: Vim & Vigr’s socks are FDA approved and come with a 100% guarantee by the company itself.
This Vim Vigr socks review will go through both the good and the bad:
- Each batch of Vim & Vigr socks is rigorously hand-tested and measured to ensure product consistency
- Vim & Vigr’s compression legwear is FDA approved
- Plenty of discount codes available on various websites
- The majority of online reviews are positive
- No sales tax for all US purchases
- Free standard shipments of 3 or more pairs within the continental US
- Refunds and exchanges with no questions asked within 30 days of purchase
- On the website, products are organized by collection, fabric and/or activity with plenty of overlap making it a bit overwhelming when browsing
- Based on Vim & Vigr’s sizing chart, it seems there are possible height and weight limitations when it comes to their compression tights
- A few negative online reviews about the socks being difficult to put on and uncomfortable
- Shipments to Canada and the rest of the world can take up to 3 weeks for delivery
- Only one shipping option for international purchases (via USPS)
Vim & Vigr has an ambitious mission statement: to support and embrace creativity, wellness and personal expression through their specially engineered, innovative and stylish products. In this Vim Vigr socks review, we’ll do a deep dive on the brand to see whether they follow through on their promises.
Vim & Vigr Compression Socks Review
Vim & Vigr’s compression socks are beneficial to anyone who wears them. Using advanced technology in their design, the socks provide customers with refreshed legs and healthy circulation.
How They Work
Vim & Vigr’s socks apply therapeutic pressure beginning at the ankle and gradually moving upward. By squeezing the leg from the bottom up, the company’s legwear helps increase the circulation of freshly oxygenated blood within the legs.
Stylish in design, Vim & Vigr’s compression socks are available in four functional fabrics:
- Cotton – the unique weave and 200-needle count allows for comfort and breathability
- Nylon – using the highest quality fabric, Vim & Vigr’s nylon compression socks have a 400-needle count
- Moisture-wicking nylon – moisture is drawn to the sock’s exterior making it easier to evaporate
- Merino wool – these socks are Vim & Vigr’s seasonal favourites and are made with premium Australian merino wool
If you who are reading this Vim Vigr socks review frequently travel by car, plane, or train: you’re at an increased risk of developing deep vein thrombosis (DVT). This medical condition can occur after prolonged sitting, when blood clots form in a deep vein – typically in the legs.
Vim & Vigr’s compression products are incredibly beneficial: not only do they provide relief from symptoms associated with DVT, but they also make traveling a more comfortable experience. An added bonus: they’re more fashionable than your average compression garments.
Under the Travel heading on Vim & Vigr’s website, there are currently 30 products on sale:
- 28 types of compression socks for both men and women in a wide array of colors, styles and fabrics, ranging in price from $36-$44
- 2 types of compression sleeves made with moisture-wick nylon in a variety of colors, on sale for $20.95-$32
Whether you stand on your feet or sit at a desk all day, compression socks can ease leg discomfort associated with your job. Sitting for extended periods can decrease blood flow beneath the knee, and continued standing puts a strain on the circulatory system resulting in fatigue and soreness. While writing this Vim Vigr socks review, I thought to myself, I could use some socks like these.
Vim & Vigr compression legwear is specifically designed to support your legs. By applying therapeutic pressure beginning at the ankle that gradually eases upward, their compression socks help with circulation, alleviate achiness and prevent swelling.
Under the Work heading on Vim & Vigr’s website, 26 products are available for sale:
- 23 types of compression socks for both men and women in a variety of colors, styles and fabrics ranging in price from $36-$44 including 2 pairs currently on sale for $24.95-$36
- 3 types of compression tights in different colors and styles for $54
Readers of this Vim Vigr socks review who are runners would benefit hugely from compression socks. They play an important part in helping runners minimize muscle fatigue and recover quickly from soreness. Compression legwear can be worn during and post run for maximum benefits in decreasing lactic acid build-up, preventing cramps and increasing oxygen delivery.
Under the Running heading on Vim & Vigr’s website, 10 products are available for sale:
- 6 types of compression socks for both men and women in different colors, styles and fabrics ranging in price from $36-$38
- 4 pairs of compression leg sleeves for $32 with several on sale for $20.95-$32
Compression legwear is an amazing tool for all levels of athletes in all manner of activity. Whether running, weight lifting, bike riding, working out or doing yoga, compression socks can improve blood flow efficiency and decrease the rate of leg fatigue.
Compression socks also provide additional support to the arch and ankle and can even act as shin guards when weight lifting or running. Many athletes continue to wear them for a much-needed boost and refresh following their work-out.
In the Exercise section of Vim & Vigr’s website, 19 products are available for sale:
- 15 types of compression socks for both men and women in a multitude of colors, styles and fabrics ranging in price from $36-$38 with 2 pairs on sale for $24.95-$36
- 4 pairs of compression leg sleeves for $32 with 3 pairs on sale for $20.95-$32
Vim & Vigr Review: What Do Customers Think?
You can leave a Vim Vigr socks review on their website. While most are favourable, a few of them are not. One Vim Vigr socks review complained about the compression socks being uncomfortable, and that wearing them caused abrasions on her legs. Vim Vigr responded, apologizing and stating that they would reach out directly to the customer to help her find a better fit.
A web search for this Vim Vigr socks review turned up many customer responses, with the majority being favorable. The few negative reviews uncovered claimed the compression socks were difficult to put on and uncomfortable to wear.
Vim & Vigr Size Chart
The team at Vim & Vigr urges customers to keep their foot and calf circumference in mind when choosing the size of compression garment that will best fit.
Specific sizing charts are available for the three compression garments available at Vim & Vigr:
- Compression Socks
- Compression Leg Sleeves
For Vim & Vigr’s compression socks, the sizing chart offers a customer guide based on shoe size and calf circumference measurements:
|Wide Calf S/M||5-8||3.5-6.5||36-39||17”-21”|
|Wide Calf M/L||8.5-11.5||7-10||39-42||17”-21”|
|Wide Calf L/XL||12-15||10.5-13.5||42-46||17”-21”|
For Vim & Vigr’s Compression Leg Sleeves, the company offers three unisex size options based on calf circumference measurements:
|Unisex Sizing||Size 1||Size 2||Size 3|
Vim & Vigr’s Tights are sized based on customer height and weight:
- Size 1 generally fits individuals 5’0”- 5’8” weighing between 100lb-160lb
- Size 2 generally fits individuals 5’0”-6’2” weighing between 140lb-240lb
- Size 3 generally fits individuals 5’2”-6’2” weighing between 180lb-240lb
Please note this is an approximate guide and for more detail, you can visit the Vim & Vigr sizing chart, or contact the company via email or through their website.
For customers that are in between sizes, the Vim & Vigr team suggests asking a couple questions before making your selection:
- What is your body type?
- Will you be most comfortable in a size up or down?
Vim & Vigr Promotions & Discounts
Become a subscriber to the Vim & Vigr website and receive 10% off your first order. Sign up on the bottom right of the homepage.
Referring a friend to make a Vim & Vigr purchase will earn existing customers cash credit. Here’s how it works:
Upon purchase, customers automatically receive an invitation email to participate in the program. If you haven’t made a purchase but would still like to participate, simply sign up on the bottom right of the website’s homepage.
- You will receive a link via email. Share this link with friends and family by email or on social media.
- Anyone clicking on the link will receive a 15% discount code to be used on their first purchase and will then be directed to the Vim & Vigr site.
- You will receive a $10 credit code for each friend who completes their purchase after clicking the link you provided.
- Credit and discount codes are entered and applied on the payment page during checkout.
All sale items are listed on Vim & Vigr’s website making it efficient for bargain-hunting customers.
Where to Buy Vim & Vigr
Vim & Vigr compression socks are available at a variety of retail stores and pharmacies throughout the US. For more details, visit Vim & Vigr’s store locator.
All Vim & Vigr products are fully available online at their main website.
A large selection of Vim & Vigr’s compression socks are available on Amazon.
Vim & Vigr Shipping Policy
Vim & Vigr offers a selection of shipping options to US based customers:
- Standard (7-10 business days)
- Expedited (2-3 business days)
- Overnight (1 business day)
- USPS Ground
- Fedex Express
- Fedex Overnight
Costs associated with US shipping vary based on purchase value, location and shipping option. Below is a breakdown:
Standard 7-10 days Expedited 2-3 days Overnight 1 day
|Order Quantity||Cont. US||Non-Cont.US||Cont. US||Non-Cont.US||Cont.US||Non-Cont.US|
|3 or more pairs||Free||Free||$18.95||$23.95||$38.95||$43.95|
USPS Ground Fedex Express Fedex O/N
|Order Quantity||Cont. US||Non-Cont. US||Cont. US||Non-Cont. US||Cont.US||Non-Cont. US|
|3 or more pairs||Free||Free||$18.95||$23.95||$38.95||$43.95|
An important note on overnight shipping: all orders placed after 1pm (Mountain Standard Time) ship on the next business day.
All international shipments are done via USPS and may take up to 3 weeks for delivery. Applicable taxes and duties are the responsibility of international customers.
Canadian shipments cost a flat rate of $15.
All other international shipments cost a flat rate of $25.
Vim & Vigr Return Policy
Vim & Vigr is proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee to their customers. Refunds and exchanges are offered within 30 days of purchase – no questions asked.
The steps you will need to take to return a product for refund or exchange are as follows:
- Fill out the online form located on Vim & Vigr’s website.
- Once a team member makes contact, you can request an exchange or refund in full.
- Vim & Vigr will email you a pre-paid postage label for return shipping.
- You will then receive a full refund or a replacement product will be shipped to you.
For Vim & Vigr products purchased at a retail location, returns and exchanges must be made at the point of sale.
Contact Vim & Vigr
For more information or any questions about Vim & Vigr products and services, the customer service team can be reached by submitting a request on their main website, through email, by fax or by telephone.
Phone: 406 493 6131
Retailer Fax: 406 258 0378
Email: [email protected]
Located in Missoula, Montana, business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm Mountain Time.
For more options on compression socks, check out our PRO Compression review.