Stores Like Michaels: Top Alternatives for Arts and Crafts Supplies
Table of Contents
Searching For Stores Like Michaels
As someone who loves to craft, I’m always on the lookout for new stores to explore. While Michaels is a go-to for many crafters, there are plenty of other options out there that offer unique supplies and inspiration.
One store that is a great alternative to Michaels is Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts. With locations across the United States, Jo-Ann offers a wide variety of crafting supplies, including fabric, paper, yarn, and beads. They also have a great selection of seasonal decor, making it a one-stop-shop for all your crafting needs.
Another popular craft store is Hobby Lobby. While they have a smaller selection of products than Michaels, they offer unique items that you won’t find anywhere else. They are known for their home decor and floral sections, which are perfect for adding a personal touch to your crafting projects.
In this article, I’ll be sharing more of my favorite stores like Michaels for crafts and seasonal decor.
Similar Craft Stores
When it comes to finding stores like Michaels for crafts and seasonal decor, there are several options to choose from. Here are a few of my favorite craft stores:
#1: Hobby Lobby
Hobby Lobby is a well-known arts and crafts retailer that offers a wide variety of supplies for various creative endeavors. They provide a vast selection of art materials, home decor, fabric, floral arrangements, and more.
Similar to Michaels, Hobby Lobby is a go-to destination for craft enthusiasts, offering a diverse range of products to inspire and support various artistic projects.
#2: Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
Jo-Ann is a popular fabric and craft retailer in the United States, catering to sewing, quilting, and crafting enthusiasts. They offer a comprehensive range of fabrics, sewing notions, yarn, and craft supplies.
Jo-Ann also provides classes and workshops to foster creativity and enhance crafting skills. Like Michaels, Jo-Ann serves as a creative hub, providing a wide array of materials and resources for individuals passionate about crafting and DIY projects.
Similar Art Supply Stores
When it comes to art supplies, Michaels is undoubtedly a go-to store for many artists and crafters. However, there are other art supply stores out there that are worth checking out. In this section, I will introduce you to some of the best art supply stores like Michaels.
#1: Dick Blick Art Materials
Dick Blick Art Materials is a well-known art supply retailer offering a vast selection of art materials, including paints, brushes, canvas, and drawing supplies.
They cater to a diverse range of artists, from professionals to hobbyists, providing quality products and a wide range of options. Similar to Michaels, Dick Blick is dedicated to providing artists with the tools and materials they need to express their creativity.
#2: Utrecht Art Supplies
Utrecht Art Supplies is another prominent art supply retailer, offering a comprehensive range of art materials, including paints, brushes, drawing tools, and surfaces.
Utrecht is known for its high-quality products and dedication to serving artists of all skill levels. Much like Michaels, Utrecht Art Supplies provides a wide selection of art materials and supports artists in their creative endeavors.
In addition to their extensive selection of art supplies, Utrecht also offers art classes and workshops at select locations. This is a great opportunity to learn new techniques and connect with other artists in your community.
#3: Jerry’s Artarama
Jerry’s Artarama is an art supply retailer with both online and physical store locations. They offer a wide variety of art materials, including paints, brushes, canvas, and drawing supplies. Jerry’s Artarama is committed to providing artists with affordable options and a diverse range of products.
Similar to Michaels, Jerry’s Artarama aims to be a reliable resource for artists, offering a comprehensive selection of art supplies and supporting their creative pursuits.
When it comes to finding stores like Michaels, the internet is a treasure trove of options. As a crafter, I love the convenience of shopping online and having supplies delivered right to my door.
Here are a few of my favorite online stores to shop for crafting supplies.
Etsy is an online marketplace known for its wide range of unique and handmade items. It is a platform where artists, crafters, and creators can sell their products directly to customers.
Etsy provides a space for independent artists and crafters to showcase their creations, including handmade art, crafts, and art supplies. While not a traditional retailer like Michaels, Etsy offers a similar spirit of creativity and craftsmanship, allowing artists and crafters to share their work with a global audience.
Amazon is a well-known online marketplace offering a vast selection of products, including art supplies. While Amazon is not specifically focused on art and craft supplies like Michaels, it provides a convenient platform for purchasing a wide range of art materials from various sellers and brands.
Artists and crafters can find a diverse selection of art supplies, tools, and equipment on Amazon, making it a popular choice for purchasing art materials.
Blitsy is an online retailer that specializes in art and craft supplies. They offer a wide range of materials, including paints, paper, adhesives, and various other crafting tools and accessories.
Blitsy is committed to providing affordable and high-quality art supplies to artists and crafters. Similar to Michaels, Blitsy offers a curated selection of art materials and supports creative projects across various crafting disciplines.
Shopping at stores similar to Michaels holds several important benefits for artists, crafters, and DIY enthusiasts:
- Wide Selection of Art Supplies: Stores like Michaels offer a diverse range of art supplies, encompassing various mediums, tools, and materials. This enables artists to explore and experiment with different techniques, styles, and projects. Having access to a wide selection of art supplies allows artists to fully express their creativity and find the right materials for their specific needs.
- Convenience and Accessibility: Stores like Michaels are typically well-stocked and conveniently located, making it easy for artists to find the supplies they require without extensive searching or waiting for shipping. The accessibility of physical stores allows artists to browse and compare products in person, ensuring they make informed purchasing decisions and find inspiration for their projects.
- Expertise and Guidance: Michaels and similar stores often employ knowledgeable staff who can provide guidance, advice, and recommendations regarding art supplies, techniques, and projects. This expertise can be valuable, particularly for beginners or those looking to explore new artistic endeavors. Staff members can offer insights, suggest suitable materials, and assist with troubleshooting, fostering a supportive environment for artists.
- Community and Inspiration: Shopping at stores similar to Michaels creates opportunities for artists to connect with fellow creatives and form a sense of community. These stores often host workshops, classes, and events, where individuals can learn new skills, exchange ideas, and gain inspiration. Engaging with other artists and participating in community activities can fuel motivation, encourage collaboration, and foster personal growth in artistic pursuits.
- Supporting Local Economy: Many stores similar to Michaels are locally owned or franchise operations, contributing to the local economy and supporting small businesses. By shopping at these stores, artists help sustain the arts and crafts industry within their community, providing employment opportunities and fostering creativity at a grassroots level.
In summary, shopping at stores similar to Michaels provides artists with access to a wide selection of art supplies, convenience, expertise, a sense of community, and the opportunity to support local businesses. These benefits collectively enhance the artistic journey, facilitate creativity, and contribute to the growth and vitality of the art and crafts ecosystem.
Next, check out some similar reviews you might enjoy