FIGS Scrubs Review
Table of Contents
Looking back on hospital visits and dentist appointments, I recall the unflattering, ill-fitting scrubs the staff wore.
With 22 million workers in the health care industry, I find it odd there aren’t more choices when it comes to medical garb. Well, at least FIGS is doing something about that.
FIGS set out to transform medical apparel with stylish designs that are comfortable yet functional, developing a line from feedback gathered from the people behind the scrubs.
Their innovative proprietary fabric uses FIONTechnology™ making it durable, comfortable, and fashionable.
As one of the first of its kind, FIGS received widespread attention with numerous awards from Fast Company, INC., and Ernst & Young. I found the name featured in major publications like Entrepreneur, Vox, WSJ, and Forbes too.
Want to know more? I’ll tell you all the critical details of the brand inside this FIGS scrubs review, including the innovative technology behind the clothing and why FIGS has taken the medical apparel industry by storm.
Why You Should Trust Us
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions.
Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
Overview Of FIGS
Every good idea begins with inspiration. For FIGS Co-CEO and Co-Founder, Heather Hasson, it all started over a cup of coffee. Sitting across the table from her close friend, Heather found herself obsessing over her nurse practitioner’s uniform.
It was what could only be described as “boxy, scratchy, uncomfortable scrubs.”
With a background in fashion, this sparked an idea: Heather planned to revolutionize the industry, designing medical apparel to suit the needs of medical professionals.
Heather posed her idea to who would be FIGS’ co-CEO and co-founder Trina Spear.
Understanding the long hours, stressful situations, and often physically strenuous work medical professionals face every day, the pair was determined to create the ultimate medical apparel to make their jobs easier.
Founded in 2013, this proved to be no easy task and required the women to band together to challenge their ideas of medical apparel to go beyond basic improvements.
Their goal? To completely transform workwear in the medical profession, providing comfort that would make it easier to deliver premium care for patients.
Based in Los Angeles, they continue to improve how medical apparel is designed, made, ordered, and worn for next-level medical fashions offering a unique customer experience.
The co-founders are also committed to the global community believing medical professionals around the world deserve quality scrubs.
Their Threads for Threads initiative donates medical apparel to healthcare professionals around the world while partnering with Awesome Humans, an organization that delivers scrubs to healthcare workers and communities in need.
FIGS is also committed to the Black Lives Matter movement, donating $100,000 to the National Black Nurses Association and the Student National Medical Association.
“We pledge to do our part to support both the long term advancement of the Black community and to protect those who are bravely making their voices heard at demonstrations and marches around the country,” FIGS says.
As a pretty iconic and important brand in the medical realm, there’s a ton more to unpack in this FIGS scrubs review.
Up ahead, I’ll give you a close look at what their product line is all about, but first, check out the highlights:
- Offers women’s and men’s lines of scrubs
- Proprietary FIONTechnology™ provides ultimate comfort and durability
- Moisture-wicking technology
- Affordable pricing
- Custom embroidery offered
- Offers team orders for medical facilities
Studies About Scrubs
There have been several studies conducted on medical scrubs, including their effectiveness in preventing the spread of infections and the impact of clothing on healthcare worker perception and patient care. Here are a few examples:
- In a study published in the Journal of Hospital Infection, researchers found that contaminated medical scrubs could spread infection in healthcare settings. The study found that bacteria were able to survive on scrub fabrics for several hours and that scrubs worn by healthcare workers could potentially spread these bacteria to other patients.
- A study published in the American Journal of Infection Control found that antimicrobial-treated medical scrubs were effective in reducing the number of bacteria on the fabric. The study found that antimicrobial-treated scrubs were able to reduce the number of bacteria on the fabric by up to 99.99%.
- In a study published in the Journal of Nursing Administration, researchers found that nurses who wore colored scrubs were perceived as more approachable and caring by patients than those who wore white scrubs. The study also found that patients were more likely to trust and comply with the instructions of nurses wearing colored scrubs.
- A study published in the Journal of Emergency Medicine found that wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) like scrubs and gowns could increase the time it takes for healthcare workers to complete certain tasks. The study found that healthcare workers took longer to complete tasks like starting an IV or taking a blood sample when wearing PPE, which could impact patient care in emergency situations.
FIGS scrubs are known for their high-quality materials, functional design, and stylish appearance. Here are some of the key features of FIGS scrubs:
- Performance fabric: FIGS scrubs are made from a proprietary performance fabric called FIONx, which is moisture-wicking, antimicrobial, and resistant to wrinkles, odors, and stains.
- Comfortable fit: FIGS scrubs are designed to fit comfortably and flatter a range of body types. They offer a variety of styles, including tailored, slim fit, and relaxed fit, and have adjustable features like waistbands and drawstrings to ensure a custom fit.
- Functional design: FIGS scrubs are designed with functional features like multiple pockets, pen holders, and badge loops to keep essential items within easy reach.
- Stylish appearance: FIGS scrubs are available in a range of stylish colors and designs, including solid colors, prints, and embroidery. They also offer a range of accessories like jackets and underscrubs to complete the look.
- Ethical and sustainable production: FIGS is committed to ethical and sustainable production practices. They use environmentally-friendly materials and partner with organizations like Threads for Life to support healthcare workers in need.
FIGS scrubs are made from a proprietary performance fabric called FIONx. FIONx is a blend of polyester and spandex, which gives the fabric its moisture-wicking, antimicrobial, and wrinkle-resistant properties.
The fabric is also designed to be durable and long-lasting, making it ideal for healthcare professionals who require high-quality and reliable clothing for their work. Additionally, FIONx fabric is environmentally friendly and made from recycled materials, further reflecting FIGS’ commitment to sustainability.
7 Best-Selling FIGS Products
FIGS Women’s Scrubs Review
I’m ready to get things rolling in this FIGS scrubs review, are you? Combing through the brand’s website, I found a full line of women’s medical apparel including scrubs, maternity wear, underscrubs, lab coats, outerwear, socks, activewear, and accessories.
They have great variety, to say the least.
I thought it was cool that its scrubs are sold in sets, tops, and bottoms, allowing you to mix and match colors and styles.
Up next, I’ll get into the most popular gear for doctors, nurses, lab technicians, and other medical professionals in the field.
Catarina One-Pocket Scrub Top
The Catarina One-Pocket Scrub Top has the clean look you love offering soft breathable FIONx fabric, a sleek V-neck, and a comfortable fit that is slimming and professional.
It features a single chest pocket and a comfy four-way stretch, with anti-wrinkle, moisture-wicking, and Silvadur™️ antimicrobial technology.
Since this minimalist top doesn’t include pockets, I’d recommend going with a pair of FIGS scrub bottoms with storage for your notepad, pens, and the protein bar that gets you through long shifts.
Available for $38, choose from the FIGS Core Set colors, or make a statement in limited edition Neon Blue or Pink.
What customers are saying: “These scrubs are soft, comfortable, and well made. The FIGS’ return policy made it a breeze to find the proper size and style.”
Yola Skinny Scrub Pants
The Yola Skinny Scrub Pants are all about modern, fashionable slim lines. No bulky, shapeless bottoms here.
The 11 pockets make multitasking a breeze, while the side slit ankles and half-elastic waist are all about comfort.
And though they look tailored, I adore that these pants remain super soft with a four-way stretch.
They’ll stay crisp all day with anti-wrinkle, moisture-wicking, and antimicrobial technology.
These FIGS scrub pants come in regular, petite, and tall lengths. Color selections make it easy to create the look you love from toned-down black, navy, and graphite to vibrant pink, red, and blue.
The Yola Skinny Scrub Pants are available for $46.
What customers are saying: “Love the color and the fit of these scrubs.”
The Core Set
Looking for the easiest and most affordable way to order FIGS scrubs?
I’d recommend checking out The Core Set. It’s available in your choice of styles for tops and bottoms, allowing you to mix and match to suit your taste.
You can choose between the Catarina One Pocket, Casma Three Pocket, and the Rafaela Mandarin Collar tops.
For bottoms, opt for the Livingston Basic Scrub Pants, Yola Skinny Pants, Kade Cargos, or the Zamora Joggers.
Choose from four colors including Graphite, Black, Ceil Blue, and Navy.
I like the idea of dressing things up with a stylish combo of the Rafaela top with skinny pants or going more casual with joggers and a standard top. The Core Set costs $84.
What customers are saying: “Incredibly comfortable fabric and great quality that will hold up with weekly use! Also very easy to clean!! Not to mention these are the most flattering scrubs I have ever owned.”
The Buttoned Up Lab Coat
Finally, a lab coat designed with female style in mind. From the pleated skirt to the Dobby Poly-Cotton Blend, the Buttoned Up Lab Coat is feminine yet highly functional.
Four pockets keep everything you need close at hand, including two extra-large interior pockets that can hold a stethoscope or iPad.
This anti-wrinkle fabric is conveniently resistant to stains, liquid, and odors. I understand that working in the medical field can be the opposite of glamorous, so not having to worry about carrying messes around with you all day seems like a major plus.
Available in crisp white, the stylish Buttoned Up Lab Coat is currently on sale for $118, down from the regular $148.
What customers are saying: “I love these coats! I was inserting a Foley catheter and iodine splashed on the coat. I thought for sure it was ruined! But to my surprise the iodine wiped off without even a stain! Hands down the BEST white coat in the game!”
FIGS Men’s Scrubs Review
I’ve got the ladies covered, but let’s not forget the guys. Here, I’ll give you a peek at a selection of FIGS scrubs men’s apparel.
With a line that makes it easy to find the fit and style to suit your workwear needs, men can choose from scrub sets, scrub tops, scrub pants, underscrubs, outerwear, socks, and accessories.
Mix and match the styles and colors to create a different look throughout the week. Let’s take a look at some of the best-selling designs for men just below in this FIGS Scrubs review.
Chisec Three-Pocket Scrub Top
This is the shirt I imagine when I picture a doctor. This classic Chisec Three-Pocket Scrub Top offers a tailored cut for a semi-loose fit. Smooth seams keep the pockets hidden, with your work essentials always within reach.
The soft FIONx fabric is anti-wrinkle and moisture-wicking with a comfortable four-way stretch.
Like the women’s scrub tops, this men’s version includes Silvadur™️ antimicrobial technology.
The Chisec Three-Pocket Scrub Top comes in a range of professional colors, like Graphite and Black, with an impressive gradient of blues from Caribbean turquoise to vibrant neon.
This classic men’s scrub top is available for $38.
What customers are saying: “Super soft material with a great cut which is very comfortable to wear all day long. The personalisation on the scrubs adds to a custom experience and is great value.”
Pisco Basic Scrub Pants Straight Leg
The Pisco Basic Scrub Pants are anything but basic. Their straight-legged design offers a tailored look, with deceptively soft-stretch FIONx fabric.
Easy-fitting, I appreciate that finding the best fit is just one tug on the adjustable drawcord away.
Other comfy details include an elastic waistband and four-way stretch to keep your attention on what really matters.
The pants are built with four pockets along with anti-wrinkle, moisture-wicking, and antimicrobial technology.
Available for $46, color choices help create your distinct look in low-key Graphite, Black, Ceil Blue, or Navy, or ramped-up Caribbean Blue, Neon Blue, or Red. You’ll easily have the most attractive scrubs in the ER.
What customers are saying: “Recently purchased these for my son. He absolutely loves them! They fit perfectly and the fabric is so soft and cool.”
The Frontline Set
In response to the brave work our frontline medical workers provide every day, the Frontline Set was designed with donations in mind.
The navy blue scrub set helps our medical professionals meet the increased demand to change their scrubs frequently during the pandemic.
I thought it was pretty admirable that when you purchase this FIGS uniform, a matching set goes toward the cause.
Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are at the forefront of this health crisis.
For $72 you can provide the comfortable, durable Frontline Set to help workers keep up with patient care and stay safe.
What customers are saying: “Fits great, very high quality, would definitely recommend!”
Who Are FIGS Scrubs For?
FIGS scrubs are designed for healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and other medical staff. The brand was founded with the goal of providing healthcare workers with high-quality and functional clothing that also looks stylish and professional.
FIGS scrubs are designed to meet the specific needs of healthcare professionals, offering features like multiple pockets, pen holders, and badge loops for easy access to essential tools and equipment.
The scrubs are available in a range of sizes and styles to fit a variety of body types and are made from a proprietary performance fabric that is moisture-wicking, antimicrobial, and resistant to wrinkles, odors, and stains.
Overall, FIGS scrubs are a popular choice for healthcare professionals who prioritize comfort, function, and style in their work attire.
FIGS Scrubs Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
This FIGS scrubs review wouldn’t be complete without some insight into what people are saying, so I searched the web for common feedback as of April 2023. Here’s a breakdown of five key factors creating the FIGS customer experience:
- Look: Overall, I read that people were more than happy with the look and quality of the product. Comments such as “I love my FIGS scrubs” and “I look great in them” were common.
- Comfort: People who wear FIGS scrubs seem to score high when it comes to comfort. I found many reviews that exclaimed “They are so comfortable” or “The most comfortable scrubs” while speaking of a fit that is flattering yet loose.
- Quality: Quality has mixed reviews, but some of the most important factors include a very positive response to the water resistance of the product. One comment stands out in particular from Fresh RN: “…rolled right off of my scrub top instead of absorbing into it. Woo hoo!”
- Fit: This is where things start to go a little south. A few customers said that the size they ordered did not fit as expected. However, one of many FIGS scrubs Reddit reviews say they are the best scrubs for a “fit” guy.
- Customer Service: It appears to me that the one thing bringing their rating down on Trustpilot is customer service. While no company is perfect, it seems that FIGS has some work to do in this department.
Lets’ take a look at the numbers too. Here are the product ratings for the individual items featured in this review:
- Catarina One-Pocket Scrub Top: 4.6/5 stars from nearly 29k ratings
- Yola Skinny Scrub Pants: 4.4/5 stars from over 6k ratings
- The Buttoned Up Lab Coat: 4.5/5 stars from over 22k ratings
- Chisec Three-Pocket Scrub Top: 4.6/5 stars from over 4.2k ratings
- Pisco Basic Scrub Pants Straight Leg: 4.5/5 stars from nearly 1.5k ratings
So, are FIGS good scrubs? While I learned that the products themselves are very well received, some reviews recommend buying your scrubs elsewhere to avoid the stress of dealing with their customer service team.
Are FIGS Scrubs Worth It?
When writing this FIGS scrubs review, I fell in love with the company’s mission, its fabric technology, and the way it gives back.
Looking into customer reviews, though I found many positives with a few areas of improvement.
Even so, if you do find the right fit and don’t need to return your items, it all seems like smooth sailing.
The prices are reasonable and overall, the brand offers a wider selection of styles, a superior fabric designed with the wearer in mind, and a very comfy fit.
It seems the unique fabric used by FIGS offers everything you would want in scrubs:
- Soft and comfy fabric
- Water-resistant to avoid exposure to transmittable diseases
- Odor resistant to help reduce unpleasant smells while working, even after spills of the most unpleasant kind
- Stylish fit that makes you feel good
- Functional designs provide ample pockets, resistance to spillage, proper fit allowing for physical exertions, etc.
I think that if you take the time to measure based on their recommendations and you’ll probably find an excellent set of FIGS scrubs that will keep you comfortable even on your most challenging shifts.
FIGS Promotions & Discounts
While scoping out the brand’s website for this FIGS scrubs review, I found they offer a 15% discount to students and military personnel including USAA members, active, veteran, and retired individuals with a military service record active from 9/30/1985.
Though there isn’t a FIGS promo code available right now, if you sign up for the mailing list, you can get 15% off your first order. The brand also offers free shipping and returns for orders over $58.
Where To Buy FIGS Scrubs
The FIGS Scrubs store is strictly online at their own website, WearFIGS.com. FIGS Scrubs Amazon orders are also available for a limited selection of products.
Looking for the perfect set of scrubs? Here are a few more options to consider:
- Jaanuu: Jaanuu scrubs are designed with fashion-forward styles and innovative fabrics. They offer a range of performance features like moisture-wicking, antimicrobial, and wrinkle-resistant properties, as well as functional design elements like multiple pockets and media loops.
- Cherokee: Cherokee is a well-known brand in the medical apparel industry, offering a range of scrubs in various styles and colors. Their scrubs are designed with functional features like multiple pockets and instrument loops, and are made from high-quality, durable fabrics.
- Dickies: Dickies is another established brand in the medical apparel industry, offering a range of scrubs in traditional and modern styles. Their scrubs are made from durable and comfortable fabrics, and offer functional features like multiple pockets and reinforced stitching.
- Barco: Barco offers a range of scrubs in various styles and colors, including a popular line of performance scrubs called Grey’s Anatomy. Their scrubs are designed with functional features like multiple pockets and pen holders, and are made from high-quality, comfortable fabrics.
- WonderWink: WonderWink scrubs are known for their comfortable and functional design, offering features like multiple pockets and utility loops. They also offer a range of stylish designs and colors to choose from.
Do FIGS scrubs shrink?
When investigating shrinkage challenges for this FIGS scrubs review, I read that the brand recommends washing the scrubs in cold water turned inside out, and then tumble-dried to avoid shrinking.
While there are complaints online about shrinking, I can’t say for sure if these people followed the instructions or not.
What size FIGS scrubs should I get?
When you wear something for hours on end, you need the fit to be comfortable, breathable, and at least a little bit fashionable.
With that in mind, the brand provides a handy size chart on their website that’s definitely worth checking out.
What is FIGS’ Shipping Policy?
FIGS ships throughout the US and its territories, Canada, the UK, and Australia. The FIGS shipping policy is pretty straightforward.
Shipping costs are as follows:
- For US orders, standard US shipping is free for orders $50+
- US orders under $50 cost $6
- If you request expedited shipping in the continental US, it’s an additional $20 per order
- FIGS follows the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), applying no tax on Canadian orders $40 CAD or less and no duties collected on Canada orders $150 CAD or less; the orders must also be shipped to a Canadian address
Shipping times predictably vary by location. Here are some estimated arrival times by region:
- Standard Continental US: 3-7 Business Days
- Expedited Continental US: 2 Business Days (Before 11:00 am PST Monday through Friday)
- Expedited Continental US: 3 Business Days (After 11:01 am PST Monday through Friday)
- Non-Continental US (Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and Guam): 3-7 Business Days
- Standard Canada: 5-10 Business Days
- Express Canada: 2-5 Business Days
- United Kingdom: 10-15 Business Days
- Australia: 10-15 Business Days
Note, that embroidery orders will take up to 2 more days for delivery. Shipping carriers vary by location as well:
- US customers: Standard and expedited orders are shipped and delivered by FedEx or USPS
- Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia customers: Orders are shipped with DHL in hand with the local post office or delivery partners
What is FIGS’ Return Policy?
Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase and received in new, unworn condition with tags attached. Keep this in mind when trying on your order. Returns do not apply to the following:
- Before They Go items
- Custom-made products
- Final sale merchandise
- Embroidered items
- Products that are specified as non-returnable in their description
To make a return in the US or Canada, visit the website and select the items you wish to return. You will have to provide some details, then FIGS will send you a prepaid label so you can return the items.
The fee to ship returns is only covered in Canada and the US. Once the items are received they’ll confirm you can receive a refund or exchange items.
I read that international returns and exchanges are only available for Australian orders at this time. The same process applies to International Returns and Exchanges.
Refunds are made to the original form of payment. Timing on refunds will vary based on your mode of payment.
How To Contact FIGS
If you have questions beyond what I’ve included in this FIGS scrubs review, you can call or text FIGS at 424-500-8209, or use their online contact form on WearFigs.com.
Customer service hours are Monday through Friday 6 am to 8 pm PST.
Check out some of our recently published articles:
Looking to upgrade your work attire? Check out the 10 Best Scrub Brands available online.