FIGS set out to transform medical apparel with stylish designs that are comfortable yet functional. Their innovative proprietary fabric uses FIONTechnology™ making it durable, comfortable and fashionable.
With an intimate understanding of the challenges medical professionals face each day, FIGS sought solutions for their unique needs. As a result, they’ve revolutionized the industry using the insights of the people behind the scrubs. FIGS received widespread attention with numerous awards and features in major publications including Inc., Entrepreneur, Vox, WSJ, and Forbes.
This FIGS scrubs review will explore the innovative technology behind the clothing and why FIGS has taken the medical apparel industry by storm.
Overview of FIGS
Every good idea begins with an inspiration. For FIGS Co-CEO and Co-Founder, Heather Hasson, it all started over a cup of coffee. Sitting across the table from her close friend, Heather found herself obsessing over her nurse practitioner’s uniform. It was what could only be described as boxy, scratchy, uncomfortable scrubs.
Heather wondered how her friend could spend her entire day serving others in this clearly uncomfortable uniform. It dawned on her it was probably because she had no other options. With a background in fashion, this challenge sparked an idea: Heather planned to revolutionize the industry, designing medical apparel to suit the needs of medical professionals.
Heather posed her idea to Co-CEO and Co-founder Trina Spear. Understanding the long hours, stressful situations and often physically strenuous work medical professionals face every day, they were determined to create the ultimate medical apparel to make their jobs easier. At FIGS we like to say that the highest standards didn’t exist, so we created them, the co-founders explain.
Founded in 2013, this was no easy task and required the women to band together to challenge their ideas of medical apparel to go beyond basic improvements. Their goal was to completely transform workwear in the medical profession, providing comfort that would make it easier to deliver premium care for patients.
The partners didn’t just design a more fashion-friendly medical wear line. Instead, they created a completely proprietary fabric designed to meet the demands of a day in the life of a medical professional. Once they grasped just how physical the job could be, they explored the same fabrics traditionally used for athletic wear. This innovation is what truly separates their medical apparel from other lines.
Heather and Trina completed their vision by creating FIGS. Their modern designs are available through an agile ecommerce platform in hand with a customer service experience that salutes the commitment and heroism of their clients. Based in Los Angeles, they continue to improve how medical apparel is designed, made, ordered,and worn for next level medical fashions offering a unique customer experience.
The co-founders are also committed to the global community believing medical professionals around the world deserve quality scrubs. Their Threads for Threads initiative donates medical apparel to healthcare professionals around the world while partnering with Awesome Humans, an organization that delivers the scrubs to healthcare workers and communities in need.
FIGS is also committed to the Black Lives Matter movement, donating $100,000 to the National Black Nurses Association and the Student National Medical Association. We pledge to do our part to support both the long term advancement of the Black community and to protect those who are bravely making their voices heard at demonstrations and marches around the country, FIGS says.
This FIGS scrubs review takes a closer look at what their product line is all about. Here are the highlights:
- Women’s and men’s lines available
- Proprietary FIONTechnology™ provides ultimate comfort and durability
- Moisture wicking technology
- Affordable pricing
- Custom embroidery available on wide selection of items
- Offers team orders for medical facilities
- Has a convenient app for ordering, tracking, etc.
- Free shipping for purchases $50 and over
- Ships to North America, UK, Australia and more
- Scores low on customer service and delivery times; FIGS scrubs sizing reviews aren’t great
- Does not ship worldwide yet
FIGS Women’s Scrubs Review
This FIGS scrubs review found the company offers a full line of women’s medical apparel including scrubs, maternity wear, underscrubs, lab coats, outerwear, socks, activewear and accessories. Scrubs are sold in sets, tops and bottoms, allowing you to mix and match colors and styles.
We’ll get into the most popular gear for doctors, nurses, lab technicians, and other medical professionals in the field.
Catarina One-Pocket Scrub Top
The Catarina One-Pocket Scrub Top has the clean look you love offering soft breathable FIONx fabric, a sleek V-neck and a comfortable fit that is slimming and professional. It features a single chest pocket and a comfy four-way stretch, with anti-wrinkle, moisture-wicking, and Silvadur™️ antimicrobial technology.
Since this minimalist top doesn’t include pockets, go with a pair of FIGS scrub bottoms with storage for your notepad, pens, and the protein bar that gets you through long shifts. Available for $38, choose from the FIGS Core Set colors, or make a statement in limited edition Neon Blue or Pink.
Yola Skinny Scrub Pants
The Yola Skinny Scrub Pants are all about modern, fashionable slim lines. No bulky, shapeless bottoms here. The 11 pockets make multi-tasking a breeze, while the side slit ankles and half elastic waist are all about comfort. The pants are super soft with a four-way stretch. They’ll stay crisp all day with anti-wrinkle, moisture-wicking, and antimicrobial technology.
These FIGS scrub pants come in regular, petite, and tall lengths. Color selections make it easy to create the look you love from toned down black, navy and graphite to vibrant pink, red and blue. The Yola Skinny Scrub Pants are available for $46.
The Core Set
The Core Set is the easiest and most affordable way to order FIGS scrubs. They’re available in your choice of styles for tops and bottoms, allowing you to mix and match to suit your taste.
You can choose between the Catarina One Pocket, Casma Three Pocket, and the Rafaela Mandarin Collar tops. For bottoms, opt for the Livingston Basic Scrub Pants, Yola Skinny Pants, Kade Cargos, or the Zamora Joggers.
Choose from four colors including Graphite, Black, Ceil Blue, and Navy. You can dress things up with a stylish combo of the Rafaela top with skinny pants, or go more casual with joggers and a standard top. The Core Set costs $84.
The Buttoned Up Lab Coat
Finally, a lab coat designed with female style in mind. From the pleated skirt, to the Dobby Poly-Cotton Blend, the Buttoned Up Lab Coat is feminine yet highly functional. Four pockets keep everything you need close at hand, including two extra large interior pockets that can hold a stethoscope or iPad.
This anti-wrinkle fabric is conveniently resistant to stains, liquid, and odors—working in the medical field can be the opposite of glamorous and you don’t have to worry about carrying your messes around with you all day. Available in crisp white, the stylish Buttoned Up Lab Coat is currently on sale for $118, from the regular $148.
FIGS Men’s Scrubs Review
Adding to this FIGS scrubs review is a look at their full line of their FIGS scrubs men apparel. The line makes it easy to find the fit and style to suit your workwear needs. Choose from scrub sets, scrub tops, scrub pants, underscrubs, outerwear, socks and accessories.
Guys can mix and match the styles and colors they like to create a different look throughout the week. Let’s take a look at some of the best selling designs for men.
Chisec Three-Pocket Scrub Top
This classic Chisec Three-Pocket Scrub Top offers a tailored cut for a semi-loose fit. Smooth seams keep the pockets hidden, with your work essentials always within reach. The soft FIONx fabric is anti-wrinkle and moisture-wicking with a comfortable four-way stretch. Like the women’s scrub tops, this men’s version includes Silvadur™️ antimicrobial technology.
The Chisec Three-Pocket Scrub Top comes in a range of professional colors, like Graphite and Black, with an impressive gradient of blues from Caribbean turquoise to vibrant neon. This classic men’s scrub top is available for $38.
Pisco Basic Scrub Pants Straight Leg
The Pisco Basic Scrub Pants are anything but basic. Their straight-legged design offers a tailored look in soft-stretch FIONx fabric. Find the best fit using the adjustable drawcord/hidden elastic waistband paired with four-way stretch. The pants are built with four pockets, anti-wrinkle, moisture-wicking, and antimicrobial technology.
Available for $46, color choices help create your distinct look in low key Graphite, Black, Ceil Blue, or Navy, or ramped up Caribbean Blue, Neon Blue or Red. You’ll have the most attractive scrubs in the ER.
The Frontline Set
In response to the brave work our frontline medical workers provide every day, the Frontline Set was designed with donations in mind. The navy blue scrub set helps our medical professionals meet the increased demand to change their scrubs frequently during the pandemic. When you purchase this FIGS uniform, a matching set goes toward the cause.
Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are at the forefront of this health crisis. For $72 you can provide the comfortable, durable Frontline Set to help workers keep up with patient care and stay safe.
FIGS Scrubs Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
This FIGS scrubs review wouldn’t be complete without some insight into what people are saying. Here is a breakdown of five key factors creating the FIGS customer experience:
- Look: Overall it seemed people were more than happy with the look and quality of the product. Comments such as “I love my FIGS scrubs” and “I look great in them” were common.
- Comfort: People who wear FIGS scrubs seem to score high when it comes to comfort. Many reviews exclaim “They are so comfortable” or “The most comfortable scrubs” while speaking of a fit that is flattering yet loose.
- Quality: Quality has mixed reviews, but some of the most important factors include a very positive response to the water-resistance of the product. One comment stands out in particular from Fresh RN: “…rolled right off of my scrub top instead of absorbing into it. Woo hoo!”
- Fit: This is where things start to go a little south. Many people complain that the size they ordered failed to deliver on the expected fit. While many refer to the fit as “small” others found the size they ordered was actually too loose, especially in the tops. However, one FIGS scrubs Reddit review says they are the best scrubs for a “fit” guy.
- Customer Service: It appears the one thing bringing their rating down on Trustpilot is customer service. Issues ranging from shipping to returns were all supported with a resounding complaint about poor customer response. A lot of CAPS use stressing frustration showed how disappointed customers are in the service provided by FIGS representatives.
So, are FIGS good scrubs? While the product itself is well received, some reviews recommend buying your scrubs elsewhere to avoid the stress of dealing with their customer service team.
Are FIGS Scrubs Worth It?
When writing this FIGS scrubs review, it became apparent it’s hard to recommend FIGS Scrubs when investigating the company from a customer service perspective. However, if you manage to find the right fit, it seems you could just find an excellent line of medical apparel in FIGS.
The prices are reasonable and overall, the product offers a wider selection of styles, a superior fabric designed with the wearer in mind and a very comfy fit.
It seems the unique fabric used by FIGS offers everything you would want in scrubs:
- Soft and comfy fabric
- Water resistant to avoid exposure to transmittable diseases
- Odor resistant to help reduce unpleasant smells while working, even after spills of the most unpleasant kind
- Stylish fit that makes you feel good
- Functional designs providing ample pockets, resistance to spillage, proper fit allowing for physical exertions, etc.
Considering the two most common complaints were fit and customer service, you really need to take your size into consideration if you decide to go with FIGS. If the fit isn’t right you could end up facing a long and frustrating process trying to return the items and waiting for your exchange items. Take the time to measure based on their recommendations and you’ll probably find an excellent set of FIGS scrubs that will keep you comfortable even on your most challenging shifts.
FIGS Promotions & Discounts
This FIGS scrubs review found they offer a 15% discount to students and the military including USAA members, active, veteran and retired individuals with a military service record active from 9/30/1985. Keep checking their website and social media for a FIGS promo code.
Where to Buy FIGS Scrubs
The FIGS Scrubs store is strictly online at their own website, WearFIGS.com. FIGS Scrubs Amazon orders are also available for a limited selection of products.
Do FIGS scrubs shrink?
When investigating shrinkage challenges, this FIGS scrubs review found they recommend washing the scrubs in cold water turned inside out and then tumbled dry to avoid shrinking. While there are complaints online about shrinking, it’s unclear if these people followed the instructions.
What size FIGS scrubs should I get?
Since fit was a common complaint throughout this FIGS scrubs review, use their size chart to get the best fit:
FIGS Size Bust Waist Hip
|XS||0-2||33-34″||25-26 1/2″||35-36 1/2″|
|S||4-6||35-36″||27-28 1/2″||37-38 1/2″|
What is FIGS’ Shipping Policy?
FIGS ships throughout the US and its territories, Canada, UK, and the Australia. The FIGS shipping policy is pretty straight forward.
- For US orders, standard US shipping is free for orders $50+
- US orders under $50 cost $6
- If you request expedited shipping in the continental US, it’s an additional $20 per order
- FIGS follows the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), applying no tax on Canadian orders $40 CAD or less and no duties collected on Canada orders $150 CAD or less; the orders must also be shipped to a Canadian address
Shipping times predictably vary by location. Some estimated arrival times by region:
- Standard Continental US: 3-7 Business Days
- Expedited Continental US: 2 Business Days (Before 11:00AM PST Monday through Friday)
- Expedited Continental US: 3 Business Days (After 11:01AM PST Monday through Friday)
- Non-Continental US (Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and Guam): 3-7 Business Days
- Standard Canada: 5-10 Business Days
- Express Canada: 2-5 Business Days
- United Kingdom: 10-15 Business Days
- Australia: 10-15 Business Days
Note, that embroidery orders will take up to 2 more days for delivery.
Shipping carriers vary by location as well:
- US customers: Standard and expedited orders are shipped and delivered by FedEx or USPS
- Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia customers: Orders are shipped with DHL in hand with local post office or delivery partners
What is FIGS’ Return Policy?
Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase and received in new, unworn condition with tags attached. Keep this in mind when trying on your order. Returns do not apply to:
- Before They Go items
- Custom-made products
- Final sale merchandise
- Embroidered items
- Products that are specified as non-returnable in its description
To make a return in the US or Canada, visit the website and select the items you wish to return. You will have to provide some details, then FIGS will send you a prepaid label so you can return the items. The fee to ship returns are only covered in Canada and the US. Once the items are received they’ll confirm you can receive a refund or exchanged items.
International returns and exchanges are only available for Australian orders at this time. The same process applies to International Returns and Exchanges.
Refunds are made to the original form of payment. Timing on refunds will vary based on your mode of payment.
How to Contact FIGS
If you have questions beyond this FIGS scrubs review, you can call or text FIGS at 424-500-8209, or use their online contact form on WearFigs.com. Customer service hours are Monday through Friday 6am to 8pm PST.
Author: Amanda Walsh