Join this Lovevery review as we rediscover the world through the eyes of your infant and toddler. Renew your excitement for firsts and be awed by your baby’s surroundings and discoveries.
Lovevery sells toys and play kits for children aging from 0 to 36 months old. Lovevery is devoted to always learning more and building the best formative tools for your children. You can read all about Lovevery in Mother, HouseBeautiful, PureWow, and other prominent publications.
This Lovevery review will provide an in-depth look at the brand, its products, customer ratings, promotions, and more to help you decide if their children’s products are worth the buy.
Overview of Lovevery
Founders Jessica Rolph and Rod Morris sought to create simple toys to satisfy your child’s developmental needs at every important milestone.
Together they visited different households, queried parents, and studied babies, to figure out what was needed for the “perfect” play gym that grows with your baby. Their Play Gym provides a year of fun, learning and changes with your baby.
On top of talking to parents and observing babies at play, they incorporated academics, researchers, and practitioners from a wide range of disciplines for a holistic approach. The goal: simple, accessible, and relevant toys to enrich your child’s progress.
Lovevery also sells STEM toys for different stages, classic toys like a baby stroller, block sets, sensory toys, and a play tunnel to crawl through.
The Lovevery company was founded in 2015. They are headquartered in Boise, Idaho, but products are manufactured in Ningbo, China.
Before we get into the different kits and products that Lovevery sells, here are the highlights that this Lovevery review came across:
- Products are designed by academics, researchers, and practitioners
- Early introduction to STEM, shapes, words, sign language, and fun to boot
- The Play Kits are designed for each stage of your child’s early brain development from ages 0 to 36 months
- The Play Gym grows with your baby for the first year
- Products are manufactured in an ecologically-sustainable and ethical environment
- All products are thoroughly tested and made safe for your baby
- Many positive customer reviews and happy babies and toddlers
- Some issues with customer service and shipping
- Toys are expensive
How Does Lovevery Work?
Lovevery is a monthly subscription that grows with your child. Lovevery subscriptions start at the exact right stage, according to your child’s age, and the kit is periodically upgraded to keep up with their learning, curiosities, and desires.
Lovevery Baby Play Kits
It’s never too early to focus on your baby’s brain development. The Baby Play Kits help with tummy time, focus, sight, discovery, motor skills, senses, communication, and more.
It is worth noting that every Play Kit comes with a Play Guide for that period of your child’s development. For the first year, Lovevery subscription cost starts at $36 and comes to $80 for 2-months of play.
The Looker Play Kit
From 0 to 12 weeks, your baby is taking in a strange new world. Black and white bold patterns are easier for them to see by stimulating their cerebral development in an otherwise blurry existence.
The Looker Play Kit includes nine toys:
- Two-sided mobile for visual exploration and focus
- Standing card holder for tummy time. Look up up up, little one
- Simple black and white card set to capture their attention
- Travel card holder for on-the-go playtime
- Complex black and white card set for developing vision
- Black and white mitten. Such a fascinating thing, figuring out these hands
- Wooden book with black and white images
- Silicone rattle with a removable ball
The Charmer Play Kit
Take it all in as your baby starts to identify their most prominent senses: sound and touch. Listen as they make new noises and watch as they grasp and test out new movements.
The Charmer Kit is for months 3 to 4 and comes with these awesome toys:
- Wooden rattle to track the source of sound. Wait, where’d that come from?
- Rolling bell to coordinate senses: feel, see and hear all at the same time.
- Soft book is a tactile book that builds connections between seeing and feeling.
- Mirror card. Is that me?
- Black and white card set. More riveting high-contrast images to take in.
- Crinkle bag to learn about cause and effect.
- Silicone beaded teether. Grasp and learn how to open and close hands.
- Rubber triangle teether. Get ready for speech and encountering new food texture.
- Hand to hand disks. Build motor skills. Promote cross-body coordination.
- Framed mirror to gaze in.
The Senser Play Kit
Reach, pull, push, taste, grasp, crawl and walk. Don’t forget head and shoulders, knees and toes! The Senser Play Kit is for children between 5 and 6 months and is all about building coordination and motor skills and learning about the different parts of the body.
The Senser Play Kit comes with:
- Spinning rainbow to entice your baby to reach with both hands.
- Magic tissue box. Learn how to pull out and push in.
- Magic tissues for the tissue box.
- Montessori ball. Build dexterity and coordination.
- ‘Parts of Me’ book to learn the different parts of the body.
- Play socks. Find your feet and build leg strength and body control.
- Tummy time wobbler for building core muscle strength. Build those abs baby.
The Inspector Play Kit
Time to start figuring out communication. Learn new words and simple signs between the 7 and 8 month range, and perfecting your underway motor control skills.
The Inspector Play Kit toys:
- Ball Drop Box to build motor skills.
- Wood Ball Set for the box.
- ‘My First Signs’ Board Book. An intro to basic signs.
- ‘Things I See’ Texture Cards to associate everyday objects with words.
- Nesting Stacking Dripdrop Cups. Tower-building, nesting, pouring and containment.
- First Puzzle to develop fine motor skills and problem-solving skills.
- Felt Ball Set. Because all babies love to play with balls. Let’s watch roll, mmk.
- Treasure Box. Fill me up and watch your baby go exploring.
- Drinking Cup. Build mouth muscles that will be used for forming sounds.
The Explorer Play Kit
Analyze shapes, fill containers with water, pile rings over a tube, learn about feelings and figure out concepts. Months 9 to 10 sounds like the building blocks to some important ideas.
The Explorer Kit includes:
- First Blocks. It’s a classic.
- Clear Tube with Stacking Rings and Ball. Contain the ball and stack the rings.
- Montessori Egg Cup. Concentration and coordination. How many tries will it take?
- Shapes Bean Bags to build motor skills and learn about cause and effect.
- Zipper Pouch to carry the bean bags, of course.
- Little Grip Canister Set. Learning about volume at 9 months old. Baby genius.
- ‘How I Feel’ Board Book to build emotional intelligence.
- ‘Opposites’ Board Book. Concepts explained simply.
- Peek-a-Boo Blanket. Nana, where did you go?
The Thinker Play Kit
The Thinker Play Kit helps to provoke new thoughts and problem-solving skills. It also promotes creativity and develops big boy/big girl feelings.
The Thinker Play Kit comes with:
- Baby Avery promotes creativity and imagination.
- Sliding Top Box to build strength, hand-eye coordination, and problem-solving skills.
- ‘Animals I See’ Mini Book is small enough for your baby to hold.
- Wooden Stacking Stones. Baby Hulk, bang. And stack.
- Pincer Puzzle. Work on gross and fine motor skills with the pincer grasp.
- First Wallet.
- Big Spender Cards. Fake credit cards for babies.
- Wood Coins. Practice grasping.
- Opposite Balls. One is heavy and one is light. One sinks. One floats.
Lovevery Toddler Play Kits
Continue to build on everything you introduced them to during the first year. Who knows? Your toddler might be the next Van Gogh, Albert Einstein, or Kamala Harris. Get them started with more STEM learning, counting, colors, shapes, puzzles, problem-solving, coordination, focus, and fun.
After month 12, the Lovevery subscription cost starts at $36 a month and comes to $120 for 3-months of play.
The Babbler Play Kit
Watching a toddler concentrate over a puzzle, or try and fit an object in a slot, is adorable. That’s what The Babbler Play Kit provides. Hours of focus and a little bit of frustration. This kid is intended for months 13, 14, and 15.
Inside The Babbler Play Kit you’ll find:
- Slide and Seek Ball Run. The ball rolls down the slide and disappears.
- Bunnies in a Felt Burrow to practice bilateral coordination and containment.
- Flexible Wooden Stacker to learn how things fit together.
- Circles of Friends Puzzle. Fit the right circle in the right hole.
- Wooden Coin Bank and Coins to build fine motor skills. Fit the coin in the slot.
- Carrot Lid with Carrots for Coin Bank for spatial practice and pretend play.
- Posting Lid for Coin Bank to challenge fine motor precision and persistence. ‘Bedtime for Zoe’ Board Book. An intro to routine, sequence, and time.
The Pioneer Play Kit
A toddler’s very first race track. Plus, new puzzle shapes, threading and beading, and more stacking.
The Pioneer Play Kit for months 16, 17, and 18 comes includes the following toys:
- Race and Chase Ramp to explore motion and direction.
- Community Garden Puzzle. New shapes and with pincer grasps to boot.
- ‘Max and Nana Go to The Park’ Board Book. Learn how to process and manage emotions when getting hurt.
- Threadable Bead Kit to practice using both hands.
- Drawstring Bag to hold the bead kit.
- Wooden Stacking Peg Board. Build colorful towers in small spaces.
- Fuzzy Bug Shrub. Coordinate both hands. Pull, stick, and hide Velcro critters.
The Realist Play Kit
Let’s start counting, matching, and pouring. The Realist Play Kit is designed for months 19, 20, and 21.
The Realist Play Kit comes with:
- The Lockbox. An intro to mechanical tinkering. Good for problem solving skills.
- Count and Slide Ring Chute. Count the number of rings that go in before one slides down.
- Geo Shapes Puzzle is a 3-D puzzle to practice cradling and nesting complex shapes.
- ‘Bea Gets a Checkup’ Board Book. Prepare your toddler for their next checkup.
- Quilted Critter Pockets. Their first matching game. And they can practice focus, dexterity, and tenacity when they tuck the animals in the right pockets.
- Really Real Flashlight. A big girl and big boy flashlight. “Let’s read a book under the blankets”.
- Grooved Pitcher and Glass for pouring practice and developing hand-eye control.
The Companion Play Kit
More problem solving, 3-D art, matching, learning about feelings, building muscle strength, getting coordinated, and fine-tuning motor skills. The Companion Play Kit has a variety of activities for months 22, 23, and 24.
- Wooden Posting Stand. Hand eye coordination and problem solving.
- Mosaic Button Board for fine motor strength and creativity.
- ‘Graham Turns Two’ Board Book to help with big feelings.
- Transfer Tweezers and Felt Stars for working on fine motor skills.
- Montessori Animal Match. Sort and match animals. Learn about similarities and differences.
- Drawstring Bag to hold your Lovevery Montessori animals.
- The Buckle Barrel. Buckles that won’t pinch. Practice bilateral coordination on an organic pillow.
- Chunky Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle. Fit the pieces together with an easy to hold puzzle.
The Helper Play Kit
Kids love to help out (when they’re young). Take advantage of it while you can! The Helper Play Kit is for months 25, 26, and 27, and has some great toys for encouraging a helpers attitude and forming routines.
The toys included are:
- Super Sustainable Sink with Bio-Based Cups and Plates. Learn to wash the dishes.
- Drop and Match Dot Catcher. Line up colors every which way.
- Felt Flowers in a Row. Plant them, pick them, and make a bouquet.
- Double Sided Sunny Day Puzzle. Solve two creative problems through mental and physical rotation.
- Anywhere Art Kit with Washable Tempera Paintsticks. No-mess, non-toxic painting.
- Let’s Map It out Routine Cards. Plan daily routines.
- ‘Making Muffins’ Board Book. Yummy!
The Enthusiast Play Kit
Create the next Einstein with early STEM lessons. Learn shapes and have imaginary play. The Enthusiast Play Kit is designed for months 28, 29, and 30.
The Enthusiast Play Kit comes with:
- Every Which Weigh Scale and Pales. STEM lessons in balance and measurement.
- Sort and Stack Peg Puzzle. Flip and fit different shapes on the pegs.
- Pinkies Up Picnic Set. Tea time.
- Squeaky Clean Squeegee Set. Cleaning time.
- Sticky Shapes Glue Station. Crafts and glue.
- ‘My Favorite Nature Buddy’ Board Book for exploring the great outdoors.
The Investigator Play Kit
Figure out difficult peg puzzles, more STEM lessons, motor development, and figuring out the concept of sharing.
Months 31, 32, and 33 discover much in The Investigator Play Kit. The kit includes:
- Twist and Pivot Pattern Puzzle. “Ummm, do the pieces come off dad?”
- Match and Tap Hammer Box. Whack. Bang. Bash. Wallop. Plus, match colors.
- Liquid Lab. Mad science skills. See how water changes shape.
- Countdown Color Timer. Watch the colors disappear. Take away some of the frustration of waiting.
- Things That Move Memory Game. A memory card game with trucks, buses, bikes, and more.
- Jump-In Eco Hoops and Organic Cotton Bean Bags. Hop. Toss. Jump.
- ‘The Play Date’ Board Book for learning how to play with a friend.
The Free Spirit Play Kit
The Free Spirit Play Kit comes with a few counting adventures. Made for months 34, 35, and 36.
The Free Spirit Play Kit comes with:
- Wooden Camper with Locking Doors. Learn how to unlock your first door.
- Van Go Outdoor Adventure. Wooden friends camping under starry skies.
- Wooden Counting Box. Count the pegs as you place them.
- Land and Sky Two-Part Puzzle Board. Naturescapes made out of shapes and contrasting colors.
- Solid Wood Stacking Stones with 18 sides, for endless stacking combinations.
- Reach for the Stars Matching Cards. 3-in-1. Sort. Match. Count.
- ‘Now That I’m Three’ Board Book. Rhymes.
Lovevery Play Gym
A play gym that grows with your baby. From 0 to 12 months, the Lovevery Play Gym, winner of the Parent’s Choice award, has everything your baby needs. The Play Gym focuses on all aspects of development. It was designed by experts and crafted with safe, healthy, and durable materials.
The Lovevery Play Gym comes with:
- Organic Cotton High Contrast Ball. Grasp. Pass. Roll.
- Batting Ring to bat and grasp.
- Organic Cotton Teether for mouthing.
- Teething Ring made of BPA-free silicone.
- Black and White Card Set for the first 12 weeks.
- Mirror Card Set. “Look dad, I see…me”.
- Common Objects Card Set to reinforce your baby’s first words.
- Faces Card Set to help build vocabulary.
- Play Guide
The Play Gym teaches focus, colors, sounds, texture, hiding and finding, and fort building, and sells for $140.
Lovevery The Block Set
Get ready for years of play, building, and problem solving. The Block Set includes 70 legacy pieces that work together for more than 20 stage-based activities.
The Block Set was crafted by child development experts and is great for months 18 through 48. What’s inside:
- Building Blocks
- Solid Wood Cylinders
- Solid Wood Building Planks
- Assorted Solid Wood Shapes
- Solid Wood People
- Magnetic Wheels and Dowels with a Toggle String
- Threading Blocks with a Toggle String
- Wooden Storage Box, Lid, and Ramp
- Cotton Drawstring Bag
The Lovevery Block Set sells for $90.
Lovevery Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
You can find customer reviews directly on the Lovevery website. From the home page, scroll to the bottom and click on Reviews. There are 930 site reviews and 8,764 individual product reviews.
It looks like they are predominantly 5-star reviews from here. Customers are pleased with the quality of the products and how much their children enjoy them.
This Lovevery review also checked on Amazon. We took a look at The Play Gym. It received 4.8/5 stars out of 2106 reviews. That’s an impressive 90% 5-star rating. With a single 1-star rating.
One happy customer stated, “appears to be super high quality and follows the Montessori principles. Included toys and cards are of high quality, and fit and finish on the mat is very good.”
Customers are amazed at how long the gym holds their baby’s attention. They’re also pleased with the quality, ease of setup, and longevity of the product. The 1-star reviews were disappointed with the size, stating it’s too big for small spaces.
Finally, this Lovevery review checked out the Better Business Bureau. They have an outstanding A rating and they’ve only received three complaints in two years. One of the complaints on the BBB was about an automatic shipping renewal that the customer never agreed to.
Is Lovevery Worth It?
Overall, Lovevery has some pretty fantastic reviews. Plus, the amount of research that Lovevery has invested into your child’s future is awe-inspiring. The products are a little on the costly side, and it’s likely true that not everyone will be able to afford them. But, if you are able to add a monthly payment for educational toys, this Lovevery review believes they are definitely worth it.
This Lovevery review acknowledges that there are some problems when it comes to customer service and shipping. If anything, Lovevey offers a great 30 day return policy.
Are Lovevery play kits worth it? Yes. Kits are designed to meet your child’s development needs for the first three years of life and then grow with your kids. Plus, it will keep them entertained and learning for hours.
Lovevery Promotions & Discounts
This Lovevery review found that the company offers a referral program after you make your first purchase. Simply go to My Account and click on the “Give $20, Earn $20$” link.
Each time you refer a friend and they purchase a Play Kits Subscription, you’ll receive an email with a Lovevery discount code. You can only use one Lovevery coupon code at a time. The code cannot be applied to Play Kits, gift cards, or registry contributions.
There is also Lovevery gifting, which allows a group of individuals the opportunity to contribute to a gift of the Play Kits. Since it’s a group purchase, it means less money out of your pocket.
Where to Buy Lovevery
You can purchase Lovevery products on their website, Lovevery.com. This Lovevery review also found them on Amazon.
Subscribe to Lovevery
This Lovevery review went through the subscription process for you so that we could provide all of the details. Here’s what we found:
- Enter your baby’s name and birthdate.
- Click FIND PLAY KITS.
- The website will tell which kit or kits to start with.
- Click SUBSCRIBE NOW.
- The site will provide a list of all the Kits you’ll receive and a shipping schedule.
- Click NEXT.
- This is where you choose how you want to pay. You have three options:
- 3-kit prepay: Pay $228 for three kits, up front, and save $12. Once the prepay is over, you pay a monthly subscription of $38 a month.
- 5-kit prepay: Pay $360 for five kits, up front, and save $40. Once the prepay is over, you pay a monthly subscription of $36 a month.
- Pay per kit: You pay for each kit that is shipped, when it is shipped. For the first year it is $80 per kit. 1+ year-old kits increase to $120. This amounts to $40 per month of play. You can cancel anytime using this pay method.
- You can add The Play Gym from here if you want. With no discounts, the cost is $140.
- Click CONTINUE TO CHECKOUT.
- Enter your information, create an account, and pay.
- Shipping is free and no taxes are applied.
Where are Lovevery toys made?
Lovevery products are manufactured in Ningbo, China, at the Hape International Inc. facility. It is one of the largest producers of sustainably-harvested wood toys and organic cotton dolls in the world.
Who are the experts that design Lovevery products?
Lovevery products are created by academics, researchers, and practitioners from a wide range of disciplines. Bringing them all together creates a holistic approach that is simple, accessible, and relevant to you and your baby.
Are Lovevery products safe for my baby and kids?
Yes. All of the materials in Lovevery products are tested to, and comply with, global toy and safety standards. They have a third-party lab that tests each coating and material in their products for dangerous chemicals, heavy metals, and phthalates.
How do I store Lovevery products?
The Lovevery website doesn’t provide information on how to store Lovevery toys though it does provide information for The Play Gym.
To store The Play Gym, disconnect the legs, lay them inside the mat, and roll it up for storage. For long-term storage, Lovevery recommends saving the box.
How do I clean Lovevery products?
Machine wash fabric items using cold water on a gentle cycle. It’s recommended that all fabric items be air dried.
Wipe down wood and plastic parts with a damp cloth and non-abrasive cleaner as needed. Lovevery does not recommend putting items in a dishwasher or sanitizing device. Refer to the Materials and Care Guides included with your products for more information.
How do I cancel my Lovevery subscription?
Customers who subscribed with the Lovevery pay-as-you-go option can log into their customer account and click on Manage Subscriptions. From here, you can cancel your subscriptions. You can stop shipment up to three days before the ship date.
Customers who have prepaid for subscriptions can also cancel their subscriptions through Manage Subscriptions. You will be refunded the purchase price for the Play Kits you haven’t yet received and you will forfeit any prepaid discount. For more on how to cancel Lovevery, visit their website.
How long does it take for Lovevery to ship?
All orders are shipped the next business day. Orders placed after 2 pm MST Friday will be shipped on Monday. US orders typically arrive within 5-7 business days. Canadian orders arrive within 7-14 business days. Once your order ships, you’ll receive an email with tracking information.
What is Lovevery’s Return Policy?
You have 30 days of purchase to return your products. They must be in their original packaging. You will have to fill out a request form on their website and provide your order number and reason for return. Lovevery will issue a prepaid return label for orders in the contiguous United States and Canada.
How to Contact Lovevery
In order to contact Lovevery, you’ll need to submit a request on their online Contact Form. You can also speak to the Lovevery customer service department at: [email protected]
Too busy to prepare nutritious meals for your kids? Check out Nurture Life meal plans.