Sihoo Doro-C300 Review
In partnership with Sihoo
Table of Contents
Perhaps the greatest danger to our health as a species is sitting. A survey conducted in 2015 found that one in four US adults spends over eight hours a day sitting down. Numerous governing bodies like the Mayo Clinic and Harvard have penned blog posts about the dangers of sitting too much. However, it’s tough not to sit when our lives revolve around screens and work.
It’s not all doom and gloom because there are some brands with a noted interest in improving the ways we sit. Enter Sihoo, a Chinese company with a proverbial master’s degree in ergonomics. Since 2012, they’ve poured time and resources into research and development on how to optimize chairs for modern living.
In practice, that looks like a catalog filled with ergonomic office chairs that can help us align our spines, support strong postures, and keep our backs from collecting too much sweat. While Sihoo have a plethora of worthwhile chairs in their catalog, I’ll focus on only one today, the Sihoo Doro-C300.
This chair can make you feel like royalty sitting upon the throne even if you’re a junior graphic designer working on an internship at a start-up streetwear company. Some of its marquee features include:
- Self-adaptive dynamic lumbar support
- Flexible streamlined seat back
- 3D coordinated armrests
- Smart weight-sensing mechanism
- 3D mechanical headrest
I’ll cover all those, and more, in this Sihoo Doro-C300 review. Keep reading to find out what the chair is made of, what its specs are like, how much it costs, and what customers think about it. First, let’s cover its highlights.
- Self-adaptive dynamic lumbar support for continuous waist comfort
- Flexible and streamlined backrest that stays contoured to the body
- Breathable mesh back to reduce perspiration
- More affordable than other ergonomic office chairs
- No stress is placed on your hips when you’re sitting
Why You Should Trust Us
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions. Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
Materials / What Is It Made Of?
In this section of my Sihoo Doro-C300 review I’ll tell you about the materials that make up the armrests and back. The armrests have a soft polyurethane (PU) cover, a material which comes with these advantages:
- Protection: PU coatings offer protection against environmental factors such as moisture, chemicals, abrasion, and UV radiation. They can help prevent corrosion, fading, and wear, extending the lifespan of the underlying material.
- Aesthetic appeal: PU coatings can enhance the appearance of the substrate by providing a smooth, glossy, or matte finish.
- Flexibility and durability: PU coatings have good flexibility, allowing them to withstand bending, stretching, and impact without cracking or peeling. They are known for their durability and resistance to wear and tear, making them suitable for demanding applications.
- Water and weather resistance: PU coatings often exhibit excellent water resistance, preventing water penetration and damage. Additionally, they can provide protection against weathering, including resistance to fading and discoloration caused by exposure to sunlight.
Meanwhile, the back of the chair is a breathable mesh. This comes in handy due to the nature of how often we sit in office chairs. You’ll know what I’m talking about if you’ve ever spent a summer working at an office and the air conditioning never reached your cubicle. The amount of sweat our backs generate is insane.
Thankfully, that shouldn’t be an issue with the Sihoo Doro-C300, since its mesh backing is open and breathable. It allows heat to escape and cool air to stroll in.
Sihoo Doro-C300 Review
Coming in at only $299.99 (normally it’s $399.99, but it’s on sale right now), the Sihoo Doro-C300 ergonomic chair combines comfort with modern technology. It works for you in that it should never concede its structure no matter how long you sit in it. It’s available in black or white, both of which look great and pair well with most office settings.
Let’s run through some of the Sihoo Doro-C300’s hottest features.
A chair that can’t support your back isn’t a chair. It’s a stool, a stump, or a bed. The Sihoo Doro-C300 does more than just support your back. It follows your movements so you don’t have to adjust the chair every time you sit down. It has a self-adaptive lumbar support and a flexible and streamlined backrest that lightly molds to you.
In essence, the chair becomes a little cocoon. As you relax into the chair over time, it takes over for you, providing more lower back support. The Sihoo Doro-C300 adapts automatically to your seating position, meaning you shouldn’t ever fall into poor posture.
However, if you need more room to relax or want a break from work, you can recline the Sihoo Doro-C300. Most reclining chairs ease up on lower back support when they recline, but not this one. It still supports your lumbar spine even as it reaches the end of its range of motion.
This feature is deemed “self-adaptive dynamic lumbar support” by Sihoo. In their terms, the chair’s lumbar pad automatically adjusts to your movement and wraps around your waist. This is an intelligent design because humans aren’t flat. We have curves and crevices rather than corners. Sihoo’s chair recognizes this and accommodates our bodies, adapting to our curves and making them feel right at home.
Of all the features I’ve included in my Sihoo Doro-C300 review, this is my favorite, if only because my love language is neck massages and a decade of wrestling has given me a litany of posture problems.
This head rest is large and in charge, with a wide area coverage that can support the neck from multiple angles. The company advertises it as providing 3D support, and that’s the best way to describe it from my experience. You can move it forward, backward, left, right, upwards, and downwards.
Since it’s so tall, it can simultaneously support your head and neck. It can cradle them or give them a firm surface to help maintain your posture.
The seat of the Sihoo Doro-C300 is another stand-out feature. It can distribute your weight rather than concentrate it on your hips and bottom. You know how if you sit down long enough your hips start to feel like they’re a crumpled piece of paper? That shouldn’t be the case with Sihoo’s chair.
Rather than allowing your weight to sink, the Doro-C300’s seat distributes your weight evenly. Its shape follows how our bottoms relax, so it can support you where you need it most.
3D Coordinated Armrests
As mentioned earlier in this Sihoo Doro-C300 review, the armrests are coated with soft PU. This gives them a long-lasting, water-resistant cover (great for having coffee or tea with you and not wanting to ruin your chair by spilling on it).
For maximum support and coverage, these armrests have three-dimensional adjustments. You can raise and lower them, move them forward and backward, and adjust them inwards and outwards. Another feature of the armrests is that they synchronize with the backrest when you recline, keeping your arms supported at the right angle.
Finally, the Sihoo Doro-C300 boasts an easy and intuitive single-controlling handle that allows you to modify the chair’s height and recline angle. You’re always only one click away from the best angle you need to relax or get to work.
Sihoo Doro-C300: What’s In The Box?
The worst part about buying a new chair, including the subject of my Sihoo Doro-C300 review, is that they can be a headache to assemble. Everyone has at least one horror story of putting their chair together over the course of hours. While the Sihoo Doro-C300 doesn’t come fully assembled, it does arrive with everything you need to put it together.
You’ll receive the following inside the Sihoo Doro-C300 box:
- The chair pieces
- A T-handle Allen Wrench
- Assembly user manual
Based on my experience and what others have written in their Sihoo Doro-C300 reviews, the chair doesn’t take too long to put together. If you’re good with your hands or have experience assembling chairs, then it should only take around 30 minutes. First-timers should expect to take around an hour to get it set.
Sihoo Doro-C300 Specs
Here’s the section of my Sihoo Doro-C300 review for number crunchers. Let’s go over some basic parameters of the chair.
From top to bottom, the Sihoo Doro-C300 stands 42” tall and just under 28” wide. It can support users up to 300 pounds and with a maximum hip width of 20”. From front to back, the chair’s seat measures a hair more than 16”. The backrest measures 21” across at its widest point, so only folks like Ronnie Coleman should have issues sitting in it.
The chair is rather durable and supportive as it weighs 66 pounds. That’s light enough that you can move it around if you need to but heavy enough to counterbalance the weight of its user.
What Are The Benefits Of Buying The Sihoo Doro-C300?
Some of the benefits of the Sihoo Doro-C300 include:
- Increased productivity: This study found that adopting a more upright posture can improve processing power, meaning that a high-quality ergonomic chair like the Sihoo Doro-C300 can help you get more done.
- Better lumbar support: Due to the chair’s design, it can support the lower back just as well, if not better, than other commercial ergonomic chairs.
- Neck support: The Sihoo Doro-C300 focuses on supporting our bodies at all points of contact, including the neck. It can prop your neck up when it’s reclining or seated upright.
- Less sweat: The chair’s open back and mesh design allows air to permeate and cool down your back, helping ease the sweat build-up we accrue throughout the day.
Who Is The Sihoo Doro-C300 For?
The Sihoo Doro-C300 is good for shoppers who want a budget-friendly ergonomic chair that doesn’t cut corners. It’s more affordable than similar items that range from $200 to $2,000.
Sihoo Doro-C300 Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
I found several consumer reviews on the internet, especially on Amazon, and most of the Sihoo Doro-C300 reviews were positive. As of June 2023, the chair has an average Amazon score of 4.5/5 stars, one customer wrote:
“I recently purchased this office chair, and I couldn’t be happier with my decision due to its supreme comfort: The level of comfort this chair provides is unmatched. The ergonomic design ensures proper support for my back, neck, and shoulders, reducing any strain or discomfort even during extended hours of work.”
The other Sihoo Doro-C300 customer reviews praised the chair for its overall comfort. They said it felt like a natural extension of their body, with one writing,
“I recently purchased the Sihoo Doro-C300 office chair and I am extremely happy with my purchase. The chair is not only stylish and modern, but also highly functional and comfortable. I highly recommend it.”
In this YouTube review, the reviewer was impressed with the Sihoo Doro-C300. He said the chair feels like memory foam and won’t put too much strain on your back.
He added that it’s designed ergonomically, saying “we’re talking neck support, we’re talking lumbar support. We’re talking adjustable height and adjustable for the height of the armrest….this is a smart design which is good for your overall comfort if you’re putting in long hours with the chair.”
In summary, although there weren’t many Sihoo Doro-C300 reviews, they all demonstrate that customers are fans of the product.
Is Sihoo Legit?
You can consider the low number of Sihoo Doro-C300 reviews from customers as a potential red flag, but I think that’s more because the brand isn’t popular on this side of the world. As such, it’s safe to assume that Sihoo is a legit and trustworthy company.
Is The Sihoo Doro-C300 Worth It?
I’ll be honest, I wrote this entire Sihoo Doro-C300 review standing up. If I had a chair like it, I wouldn’t be standing. Don’t make the same mistake I did; check this chair out for yourself.
How To Choose The Best Office Chair
Choosing the best office chair for your needs is important for your comfort, productivity, and overall well-being. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Ergonomics: Look for an office chair that offers good ergonomic features. This includes adjustable seat height, lumbar support, backrest tilt, and armrest height and width. Ergonomic chairs promote proper posture and provide support to key areas of your body, reducing the risk of discomfort and musculoskeletal issues.
- Adjustability: Ensure that the chair has multiple adjustable features to accommodate your body and preferences. Everyone’s body is different, so having the ability to customize the chair’s settings is crucial. Make sure you can easily adjust the seat height, backrest angle, armrest position, and lumbar support to suit your needs.
- Comfort: Sit in the chair and assess its comfort level. Look for ample padding and cushioning that provide sufficient support without feeling too firm or too soft. The seat should be wide and deep enough to accommodate your body comfortably. Consider the material of the upholstery as well, as it should be breathable and durable.
- Stability and Durability: Check the chair’s construction and materials to ensure it is stable and durable. A sturdy chair with a solid base and frame will provide stability during use. Look for chairs made from high-quality materials that are designed to withstand regular use without losing their structural integrity.
- Mobility: If you require mobility or need to move around your workspace frequently, consider a chair with swivel and casters (wheels) that allow for easy movement. Ensure that the casters are suitable for the type of flooring in your office to prevent any scratching or damage.
Sihoo Doro-C300 Promotions & Discounts
Currently, the Sihoo Doro-C300 is on sale for 25% off on Sihoo’s website, dropping the price from $399.99 to $299.99.
Here are three brands with ergonomic chairs that may also interest you.
- All33 Chair: This chair has a patented ergonomic design that was created by a chiropractor. It usually costs $1,199.
- Xchair: Ergonomic chairs that can positively impact blood flow and relaxation through heating pads and massages. They’re quite pricey, costing over $2,000.
- Steelcase Office Chair: An ergonomic office chair made from 12% recycled materials. It’s entirely customizable, so customers can scale up the price by adding features like headrests. The base model costs $487.
Where To Buy the Sihoo Doro-C300
What is Sihoo’s Shipping Policy?
It takes Sihoo 1 to 2 business days to process all orders and 2 to 7 business days for their shipments to arrive at their destination. They can ship to over 100 countries.
What is Sihoo’s Returns Policy?
You’ll have 30 days after receiving your order to request a refund from Sihoo. You can contact them via email to begin the return process.
How to Contact Sihoo
If you have any more questions, reach out to Sihoo at [email protected].
Check out related reviews you might also like: