About Hush Blankets
Hush Blankets is a Canadian-based brand that’s set to lead the bedding industry with its premium weighted blankets. The combination of sweat-wicking and cooling technology; along with innovative materials such as non-toxic sand glass and microfibres is a gamechanger. The results are a scientifically-proven, therapeutic, super soft and cozy blanket – perfect year-round.
The following Hush Blankets Review will guide you with an inside look into the brand and its product to ensure you make an informed purchase decision.
Overview of Hush Blankets
One thing that’s never changed for me, growing up, is my need for a soft, warm, and cozy blanket. Say what you will, but, they’re perfect for days when I’m stressed, sad, sick, or simply just cold. What I didn’t know, however, was the full range of health benefits that a weighted blanket could provide.
Enter Hush Blankets. The brand delivers weighted blankets that are unbelievably soft, comfortable, and therapeutic. I’m amazed at their efforts and success to incorporate technological innovation; premium fabrics and materials; as well as, research-backed studies, into their designs. The results are even better than I had imagined as they’ve been proven to deliver significant health and wellness benefits.
Founded in 2017, the Canadian-based company initially began its venture by studying how weighted blankets could calm the senses of a child with special needs. Strategies, such as crowdfunding and working with Canadian sleep experts, helped launch Hush Blankets and their products which include, the Hush Classic; Hush Iced; and, of course, Hush Kids.
Now, there are tons of brands that offer weighted blankets, but, a major difference that sets Hush Blankets apart from its competitors is that they don’t fill the inner contents with more fabrics. Instead, non-toxic sand glass, inside densely packed pockets, are used to help distribute the weight evenly and consistently.
I’m not going to sugarcoat anything either; although the prices for Hush Blankets are quite on the pricier end, you’ve got to consider the true value of the weighted blankets.
They’re durable, soft, and deliver high-performance. They also happen to be very practical for every season and work wonders to help get you the best sleep possible. Besides all that, the brand also offers interest-free payment plans to help with budgeting. Whatever reason you may have for not being able to sleep well, Hush Blankets may just be your answer.
The blankets were designed to reduce cortisol (stress hormones) with DTPS (Deep Touch Pressure Stimulation) to release serotonin (happy hormones) and melatonin (sleep hormones). The results are a deeper, faster, and longer sleep that’s perfect for children and adults suffering from a range of conditions; which can be found in the list below:
- Sleep anxiety
- Sensory processing disorder
Hush Blankets has also started their own “Hush GiveBack” program. The brand donates a blanket to a child, or adult, in need for every five blankets sold. The company has also expanded its partnerships with the likes of YMCA Greater Toronto; The Scott Mission; and the Red Door Family Shelter to help those in need. It’s a wonderful project that really makes a difference in local communities.
Check out the rest of our Hush Blankets Review for a breakdown on the features and benefits of their products. Below, you’ll find the pros and cons that summarizes their core values:
- Great for those with anxiety; sleep anxiety; stress; insomnia; ADHD; OCD; sensory processing disorder; nightmares; or trouble sleeping in general
- Weighted blankets tailored to different body weights
- Fitted for all bed sizes
- Designed to be adaptable to all seasons
- Outer shell is made with “minky” material for maximum softness and comfort for all skin types
- Inner layer is made with microfiber and non-toxic glass sand for effective weight distribution
- Interest-free, installment payment plans available in partnership with Sezzle
- Canadian-based company
- The “Hush GiveBack” program works with recognized organizations and charities by donating blankets to those in need
- Website appears “busy” with information all jumbled together
- Slightly expensive
- Canadian and International website differ for purchases and shipping
Where Are Hush Blankets Made?
Hush Blankets doesn’t make it explicably clear where their products are made. Rather than that, the brand emphasizes their collaboration with sleep experts in Canada and the technological aspects behind their blankets; which I have, and will continue, to mention throughout this Hush Blankets Review.
Hush Blankets Review
From the original collection, the classic weighted blanket with a duvet cover is what made Hush Blankets. The Hush Classic serves as the brand’s signature product line and is everything you could ask for. Whether you’re suffering from stress, sleep anxiety, or insomnia, the weighted blanket could be the cure. The superior level of comfort, softness, and flexibility does everything it’s supposed to – have me not wanting to leave my bed.
I’m in love with everything about the Hush Classic. The outer shell features a texture that melts over your skin for unbeatable softness and comfort. The inner layer is comprised of microfibers using a blend of cotton and polyester that’s filled with non-toxic sand glass in deep pockets to ensure even weight distribution across your entire blanket.
Similarly, Hush Blankets also offers a 2-in-1 bundle package for the summer and winter. Included is the inner weighted blanket; the Hush Classic with a duvet cover; and the iced cooling cover. The Hush Classic works great year-round and the 2-in-1 set makes it flexible to work for the hot and cold days even better.
The Hush Iced is the original cooling weighted blanket designed by Hush Blankets. A recent addition to the brand’s product line, this special blanket is a gamechanger. The best thing I love about this particular blanket is that it actually wicks away sweat. You would think that weighted blankets would naturally absorb your sweat, with the weight and heat given off, but not with the Hush Iced.
It features a cooling cover made from a blend of cotton and bamboo for the extra soft, temperature-regulated, and stretchy feel. The non-toxic sand glass also works its magic to distribute weight consistently across the entire blanket; meaning you get the deep touch pressure stimulation that the weight offers, while keeping cool.
Another similar product that Hush Blankets offers is the Hush Iced set which includes a cooling sheet and pillowcases. The materials are made with the same bamboo, cotton, and spandex which makes the fit great for any bed, and perfect to control your temperature for those hot days.
The Hush Kids is the classic children’s weighted blanket. Designed for children suffering from sleep disorders, the blanket offers the same sense of security for a child. Not to mention, the blanket features different cover displays on either side which makes it also fun to play. Your child’s fort just got a lot cozier.
The Hush Kids uses soft cotton and breathable microfibres which gives the weighted blanket more flexibility for your child. It also features the same benefits as the adult line of blankets; which include weighted materials and technology to deliver the same therapeutic results for their health and wellness.
Other line of weighted blankets for children, that are offered by Hush Blankets, is the Iced Kids, which is the kids’ version of the Hush Iced. The bamboo and cotton cooling cover work wonders to regulate their temperature so you have a blanket for them all year-round.
Hush Blankets – Prices
Price, value, and individual budgets are important factors to consider before making a purchase decision. Brands that offer weighted blankets are expensive, and Hush Blankets is no exception. However, with that said, although Hush Blankets are pricey, I find the investment to be worth its value, if not more.
As I’ve mentioned earlier in the Hush Review, the technology and materials used in their products have been scientifically proven to deliver great health benefits. The weighted blankets also work wonders for every season making them a convenient and practical choice.
Below, I have listed the brand’s products, sets, and bundles, as well as the price you can expect to pay. All values are given in Canadian dollars, along with any current savings:
- Hush Classic Blanket with Duvet Cover – $339 (currently $289)
- Hush Iced Original Cooling Weighted Blanket – $269
- Hush Kids Weighted Blanket – $179 (currently $169)
- The 2-in-1 Weighted Blanket Bundle – $349 (currently $319)
- Hush Iced Cooling Sheet and Pillowcase Set – $149 (currently $89)
Hush Blankets – Weight & Sizes
Hush Blankets deliver a humble, yet comprehensive, line of blankets that are made for children and adults alike. Their selection of weight and sizes offer a range of fitted options for teen to king-sized beds. While I did find the layout of their information to be a tad bit confusing at first, I’ve compiled and broke them down into the following sections in this Hush Blankets Review – availability, weight guide, size guide, and recommendations.
It’s important to remember that depending on your individual weight; the number of people using the blanket at once; and the size of your bed, that you should be well informed before making a purchase decision.
Hush Blankets offer three distinct types of blankets and an additional bundle package. Below, you’ll find the size and weights that are available for each product line. While the information given are tailored to one individual, you can refer to the rest of the sections for further details regarding situational circumstances.
|Hush Classic||Hush Iced||2-in-1 Bundle||Hush Kids|
| 15lb twin|
|5lb classic kids|
As I’ve said, I’m also fond of the brand for scientifically ensuring that their products were made to accommodate different body weights. The purpose and priority of the blankets, remember, is to distribute enough weight on the user for better quality sleep. Below, you’ll find what Hush Blankets recommends for persons based on their individual weight:
I find that Hush Blankets did a wonderful job of covering all relevant sizes made to fit any bed. I say this because the brand fixates itself on the idea that blankets were designed to be wrapped around and made for individual use. Although their children’s blanket comes in one standard size, the blankets were designed to focus on the weight of the user, rather than their age or size. See below for exact measurements, calculated by inches, for available blanket sizes:
- Classic Kids – 36×48
- Teen – 42×72
- Twin – 48×78
- Queen – 60×80
- King – 80×87
- Selecting the correct weight and size are crucial to maximizing the effectiveness blankets
- Ideal weight of the blanket should be 10% of your individual body weight (rounding up)
- Individuals should have their own blankets – body weight differs from person to person
- Heaviest queen-sized blanket or 2x twin blankets is ideal to accommodate two persons
Where to Buy Hush Blankets?
Hush Blankets doesn’t have commercial retailers, sadly. However, for Canadians, they do have a physical location which acts as their headquarters. Weirdly, they do not have a phone number, but nonetheless, the address to their location is found below:
16 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5E 2A1
Yes, the Canadian company has all their products listed on their website with tons of savings, sizes, and colors. However, I found it tedious and annoying that Hush Blankets features two websites. The major difference is that the U.S. website allows for global checkouts when purchasing their products.
Are Hush Blankets Available on Amazon?
Good news and bad news. Good news is that Hush Blanket are available on Amazon. However, the bad news is that, the search comes with many other brands; and the prices for the Hush Blanket are similar to the listed prices on their website. By using Amazon, you can rest assured your order will be safely delivered and if there any issues they will always take care of it. We recommend buying Hush Blankets on amazon.
Hush Blankets – Coupons & Discounts
I’ve scoured the internet and managed to find a few Hush Blankets coupon codes you can use to save on your purchases. For now, the follow is the best that Hush Blankets has to offer:
- Promotional coupons or offers cannot be used in combination with one another or when selecting the interest-free, installment payment plan
- Hush Blankets currently offers a roulette wheel on their main website for a chance to get up to $30 off your purchase – must register with email and expires within 10 minutes
- Hush Blankets currently offers a limited time sale on their 2-in-1 bundle set to save $60 with free shipping
- Save $15 off any online purchase order using the following coupon code: SNIPS15
- Save $30 when purchasing Hush Sheets using the following coupon code: LABOR30
- Save $40 on any single Hush Blanket when purchasing online using the following coupon code: LABOR40
- Save $100 when purchasing any two Hush Blankets products using the following coupon code: LABOR100
More Weighted Blankets
Looking for more options? Check out our in-depth review of Gravity Blanket.
TOP RATED PRODUCT: DREAMality Premium Weighted Blanket & Removable Cover Set (4.5/5 Stars)
Hush Blankets FAQ
Hush Blankets – Installing & Assembling
The Hush Blankets are quick and easy to assemble and can be done in five simple steps. For your convenience, I’ve listed the steps below:
- Turn the outer cover inside-out so that six hook ties are exposed
- Lay the inner weighted blanket on a flat surface to expose six hooks
- Lay the outer cover over the weighted blanket and align the hook and ties; tie a knot
- Flip the blanket outside-in once all hooks are fastened
- Zip the blanket
Hush Blankets – Washing Care
Another great thing I like about the Hush Blankets is how easy they are to wash. In three simple steps, I’ve outlined them below:
- Unzip the blanket and remove the inner weighted blanket by untying the hook from the ties
- Place the outer cover in the wash using soft detergent and cold water; avoid tumble dry and instead hang dry
- Hand wash the inner layers and hang dry
Hush Blankets ships globally. All requests, fees, and processes are subject to change depending on the location, value, and condition of purchase orders. For your convenience, here’s a breakdown of their policy:
- Free shipping for Canadians
- PO Box should not be used when placing orders
- Orders take 1-2 business days to process
- Expected delivery date can take between 5-7 business days
- Express shipping or rush orders can be inquired by emailing support at [email protected]
Return & Exchange Policy
Hush Blankets offers a flexible exchange and return policy. All requests, fees, and processes are subject to change depending on the location, value, and condition of purchase orders. For your convenience, here’s a breakdown of their policy:
- 100-Night Guarantee trial period
- Returns and exchanges must be requested via email and require original customer’s information
- Refund process can take up to 14 business days; standard process for funds can tale between 3-5 business days
- One-time size change is available
- All returns and exchanges will expire the 100-Night Guarantee trial period
- Damaged products are ineligible for returns and exchanges
Warranty & Cancellation Policy
Hush Blankets offers a warranty on all their products. All requests, fees, and processes are subject to change depending on the location, value, and condition of purchase orders. For your convenience, here’s a breakdown of their policy:
- Available to original customers from Canada and the U.S.
- Requires a copy of the receipt and access to email address used for purchase orders
- A full list detailing what is covered, or not, can be found on the Hush Blankets Page
- There is no charge to repair or replace a product
- Hush Blankets does not renew, nor extend, their warranty policies on replacements
- The Hush Blankets Warranty is in good standing for a year from purchase date
- Includes a one-time replacement
- If warranty is exercised, the 100-Night Guarantee trial period expires
- Orders cannot be cancelled; returns and exchange processes must be followed
For more information, inquiries, and services, the customer service team can be reached by email, webchat (bottom right corner), in-person, or by submitting a request on their main website:
- Email: [email protected]
- Webchat: hushblankets.com
16 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5E 2A1
Check out our in-depth review of Gravity for more weighted blanket options.