Inito Fertility Monitor Review
In partnership with Inito
Table of Contents
Pregnancy is great, isn’t it? It’s seen by some as the culmination of our lives’ work as we welcome a new being into the world, one that we literally made from ourselves!
Sadly, however, with declining fertility rates, 1 out of 6 women suffer from infertility globally and millions suffer from fertility struggles. So getting pregnant or carrying a pregnancy to term is nothing short of an Olympic sport.
Tracking your hormone trends is a wonderful way of keeping an eye on your fertile window. It can also help you keep conditions like anovulation (which happens to be the number one cause of infertility) at bay. Other benefits of tracking hormones include keeping a tab on your wellness goals and looking after your reproductive health. Comparing hormone trends and ovulation patterns can be quite useful if you want to conceive later.
One such company that is helping women understand their hormonal health is Inito.
The San Francisco-based company operates with a simple goal – to intertwine health care and everyday living. Their products seek to easily integrate into your daily routine so you don’t have to stress about keeping tabs on your health. And, as it’s widely known, stress can negatively impact nearly all aspects of life.
Inito’s Fertility Monitor exemplifies their vision as it informs customers on everything they need to know about their hormones without interfering with their daily routine. It’s advertised as a simple way to keep track of your hormones.
However, is it all it’s cracked up to be?
To find out, continue reading my Inito Fertility Monitor review, as I’ll dive into how the device works, its benefits, how much it costs, and more. First, let’s cover its highlights.
- All results are personalized for each user
- Measures 4 fertility hormones on a single test strip and provides numerical readings
- Fertile window is 6-days long
- The app provides daily reminders to take tests
- HSA/FSA Eligible
Why Should You Trust Us?
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions.
Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
Benefits of Fertility Monitors
The Inito Fertility Monitor offers several benefits for individuals planning for pregnancy or tracking hormonal trends. Some of the advantages include:
- Natural and Non-Invasive: Fertility tracking such as tracking basal body temperature, cervical mucus, and menstrual cycles are non-invasive and do not involve the use of hormones or devices. However, they rely on an understanding of natural bodily signals which compromises their accuracy. Mainly due to external factors such as stress, lack of sleep, and dietary changes. Fertility monitors rely on hormone levels and provide a more accurate picture about your reproductive health.
- Empowerment and Awareness: These methods encourage individuals to become more aware of their reproductive health and menstrual cycles. By understanding their fertility patterns, individuals can gain a sense of empowerment and control over their TTC journey.
- Cost-Effective: Fertility tracking methods are generally more cost-effective in the long run than getting your blood drawn repeatedly. Once individuals learn the techniques and understand their hormonal trends and fertility patterns, there are minimal ongoing costs.
- Ease of at-home testing: Regular blood tests can drain your energy with frequent visits to the lab and waiting forever for your test results. Not to mention that there are less than 5,000 fertility labs in the US! At-home hormone testing gives you results in a few minutes and both urine test results and blood test results can be used for medical evaluation of hormone trends.
- Skip the 1-year waiting period: It’s no secret that you have to try to conceive for a whole year before you can actually get your hormones tested. With the biological clock ticking at the back of your head, waiting out 12 long months with negative pregnancy results and no clarity about your hormonal health can be pretty nerve-wracking.
- Supporting pregnancy planning: For individuals trying to conceive, fertility monitors can help identify the most fertile days, increasing the chances of conception. This information can be beneficial for couples who are actively planning to start or expand their families.
- Personalized Approach: Fertility monitors and awareness methods provide a personalized approach to family planning. Every individual’s fertility patterns are unique, and these methods allow for tailored strategies based on personal cycle variations.
Inito Fertility Monitor Features
Results are only 10 minutes away with the Inito Fertility Monitor. Of course, it boasts more features than speedy results, but that’s an important feature if you’re pressed for time and need to plan your day.
Inito personalizes results for you, specifically, to provide the most accurate and safest findings. When you first download the Inito app, you’ll input your information and Inito uses it to provide numerical values for results.
That’s another huge feature it boasts – it gives you actual hormone values instead of vague terms. For example, you don’t need to worry about how high your estrogen level is when the app tells you it’s high. You’ll get actual E3G values that you can share with your healthcare provider.
The Inito Fertility Monitor measures more than just estrogen. It also measures your luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and PdG, which is a metabolite of progesterone. Each of those hormones are instrumental to tracking your fertility levels as they all correspond to different traits.
Here’s why each one matters.
- In the context of fertility testing, measuring FSH levels can be useful in assessing a woman’s ovarian reserve, which refers to the quantity and quality of her remaining eggs. Elevated FSH levels, especially on certain days of the menstrual cycle, may indicate reduced ovarian reserve and decreased fertility potential. This could potentially impact a woman’s ability to conceive naturally.
- Estrogen is involved in every stage of the female reproductive process. It is secreted by the dominant follicle which signals LH levels to rise. Measuring it is one of the best ways to figure out the start of your fertile window.
- During the menstrual cycle, LH levels typically surge around 12-14 days before the next cycle, triggering the release of a mature egg from the dominant ovarian follicle. This surge is a crucial event that marks the onset of ovulation. This is because LH levels start to rise 24-36 hours before ovulation and LH peaks at 8-20 hours before ovulation.
- PdG is the urinary metabolite of progesterone that is released only after you ovulate, thereby confirming ovulation. This hormone serves a key purpose because it confirms if you have ovulated or not, which is crucial if you want to rule out conditions like anovulation.
- Using this information, the Inito Fertility Monitor can tell you how fertile you are on a given day, confirms ovulation, and tells you when to do the deed to conceive successfully. The app can cover your entire 6-day fertile window so you can plan your cozy time with your partner. That window is larger than most other fertility monitors that usually only provide you with a 2-day window.
Not just that, unlike standard ovulation kits and other fertility trackers, Inito measures ‘Beta LH’ instead of ‘Alpha LH’. The difference between the two is that Beta LH has lesser chances of cross-reacting with hormones like FSH, TSH, and hCG, whereas Alpha LH has higher chances of cross-reactivity. This makes Inito’s fertility predictions more reliable.
Another thing that adds to the reliability of Inito’s results is the separate track with dedicated control lines on each test strip. This further minimizes chances of cross-reactivity between hormones and provides a higher dynamic range for each hormone it measures.
Once you start using the device, you get to understand your body better with the help of detailed hormone charts which cover every aspect, from hormone values to cycle day and fertile window predictions. You might also discover new things about your LH levels, like multiple surges which often tend to botch up fertility results on ovulation kits as they mistake the wrong LH surge as a sign of ovulation. With Inito, you can track your LH surges on hormone charts and if you plan to conceive or undergo procedures like IUI, you can be sure about your ovulation day and fertile window by comparing your monthly hormone charts.
The app also reaches out to users with daily notifications. This is extremely useful for planning a family because you’ll know exactly which day you’re most fertile. Beyond that, the app reminds you when you should take a test based on your charts, so you won’t be shooting in the dark about when you should and shouldn’t test. The app also provides summaries of your health updates, shows fertility ratings for your fertile window ranging from low fertility to peak fertility, and notifies you when you have ovulated once your progesterone metabolite PdG rises.
If you are someone who is trying to conceive or wants to keep track of your fertility, it couldn’t get any easier than this.
How to Use?
While the science behind the Inito Fertility Monitor is quite deep, it’s a simple device to use.
The first step is to collect a urine sample. For this, you can use the small cup that Inito gives with every order. You’ll want to collect a urine sample early in the day when your urine is concentrated because LH levels peak between midnight and 8 am.
Next, insert the test strip into your urine sample and hold it for 15 seconds. Then, take the strip out of the cup and insert it into the monitor that attaches to your iPhone. The monitor will give you your results through the iPhone app.
From there, you’re clear to make what you will of the results. It’ll tell you when you’re at your most fertile state so that you can maximize your chances of conceiving.
The entire Inito Fertility Monitor set costs $149. The set includes the following:
- 1 Inito Fertility Monitor
- 1 iPhone attachment clip
- 15 test strips
You’ll also need to download the Inito App from the iOS store – it’s free!
When it comes time to refill your strip supply, you can request an additional 15 strips through the Inito app. Each pack costs $49.
The best part is that Inito tests all four fertility hormones on one strip, so the cost per test is relatively low. Other fertility trackers measure different hormones on different test strips which increases the cost per test – this isn’t exactly feasible if you plan to track your hormones for a longer period of time.
Who Is The Inito Fertility Monitor For?
The Inito Fertility Monitor is ideal for women who are curious about learning more about their bodies, how hormones work, or are trying to conceive and struggling with fertility issues. The app takes most of the guesswork out of the equation since it sends you reminders and notifications.
Inito is the perfect option if you don’t want to wait for a year to find out how your hormones are faring and want to speed up your fertility goals. Keeping a tab on your hormonal health not only gives you an upper hand with regard to your pregnancy plans but also gives you a heads-up about your overall well-being.
Inito figures out your 6-day fertile window with hormone science and lots of data (including your health history like PCOS or irregular cycles). It also considers baseline hormone levels to predict fertility data, minimize the chances of errors, and provide exactly the information you need – something that calendar method or sheer guesswork can’t really match up to.
Inito gives you the option to correlate your everyday moods and symptoms with hormone levels. This way you can keep track of how your body responds to different kinds of hormone fluctuations and changes over time.
Oh, and one aside – currently the Inito Fertility Monitor is only compatible with iPhones 7 and up. If you’re a devout old-school iPhone 3Gs fan or an Android owner then you can’t use Inito’s device.
Inito Fertility Monitor Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
To further examine how effective Inito’s device is, I dove into the realm of customer reviews. Here’s a list of Inito Fertility Monitor user review scores from various websites that are up-to-date as of August 2023.
- Amazon: 4.5/5 stars based on more than 355 pieces of customer feedback
- Review Meta: 4.4/5 stars based on more than 85 pieces of customer feedback
- iOS App Store: 4.1/5 stars based on more than 35 pieces of customer feedback
I was surprised to read so many 5-star reviews from customers who used the app to get pregnant. It seemed most users came to Inito for that purpose.
Going through most of the reviews, I found that women got pregnant within 1-2 cycles of using the app. When I did a little digging, I found a trend of misinformation around the fertile window and ovulation which most users had faced earlier while using ovulation kits. The Inito Fertility Monitor introduced these users to the world of actual hormone tracking with charts, data, a 6-day fertile window alert, and all the works that helped them confirm ovulation and get pregnant simply by following the instructions on the app.
As one shopper wrote on the iOS App Store, “An amazing product. I got pregnant within two cycles once I started using Inito. It helped me understand my hormones and what my body was doing each month. The graph and app are all very clear and easy to use.”
Other Inito Fertility Monitor reviews glowed with pleasure about how much they learned through the app. They said they learned more about their hormones and their body through the device’s accurate readings. It allowed them to figure out what was usually low in their hormones and deduce why they were having difficulty conceiving.
Another customer on Amazon said, “Yes, I spent the money, but this things accurate. It gave me peace of mind. Using The paper strips, I realized I had my window off by a week, which is NOT good so I bought this. It does take a few minutes to process, and you can’t use your phone during that time, but I feel more confident with how sensitive it is. I think it’s a must buy for anyone trying to get pregnant.”
Buyers also reported that their findings were accurate and reliable. Some double-checked the Inito Fertility Monitor’s findings with the doctor’s results and found that they more or less matched up. This gave customers peace of mind and helped them trust the product more.
In summary, customers praised the Inito Fertility Monitor for its accuracy, clear results, and depth of information. Here’s one final customer testimonial to wrap up this section.
“My LH levels don’t cooperate with standard ovulation strips (I never get a positive with standard strips), so it’s nice to see all the different hormones mapped out together. I think the results are very accurate because the device attaches directly to your phone’s camera and is able to get a very consistent and controlled picture of the test strips. It seems like the competitor strips that you place on a card and take a photo of have more variation in results.”
Is Inito Legit?
I’m always uneasy when reading fertility tracker reviews because if a product doesn’t work then you’re paying a high price. Thankfully, there weren’t any Inito Fertility Monitor reviews from customers that made me shriek with horror. Some customers reported that the brand’s customer service team was friendly and welcoming, so I feel safe saying that the device is legit.
Is Inito Fertility Monitor Worth It?
After reading through consumer testimonials, I’m more inclined to say that the Inito Fertility Monitor is worth it for women who are trying to conceive. I’m saying this because the majority of customer reviews claimed the app worked well for them as they were trying to get pregnant.
I didn’t find many reviews for people using Inito to track their hormonal health or hormone-related symptoms, but I think this device can serve both purposes equally.
Where To Buy The Inito Fertility Monitor?
You can pick up the Inito Fertility Monitor on the brand’s website, www.inito.com, or Amazon.
Who owns Inito?
It appears that Aayush Rai is one of the co-founders and owners of Inito, though I wasn’t able to find a ton of information on the subject.
Is the Inito Fertility Monitor accurate?
Based on both customer Inito Fertility Monitor reviews and this study, it’s safe to say the device is accurate. Most users said it was able to provide them with more information than most other fertility monitors.
When should I start Inito?
Inito suggests that you start testing on the reference day that is day 6 of your cycle. This helps map the hormones from the baseline levels and their trends through the cycle.
How to contact Inito?
Check out other related reviews that you might also like: