Curie Deodorant Review
Table of Contents
I once knew a guy. He was a good man, the type of guy everyone liked; funny, loving, and incredibly talented at both guitar and skateboarding. The first thing people would say about him whenever he came up in conversation, though, was that he didn’t wear deodorant. All his goodwill, charisma, and warmth came after that fact, as if it was an asterisk attached to his name, just because he didn’t wear deodorant.
His reasoning was simple. He didn’t like how deodorant felt on his skin. Clearly, he hadn’t heard of Curie Deodorant, a brand whose clean and sustainable deodorants won a deal on Shark Tank years ago.
It didn’t take long for them to expand their vision, applying their clear ingredient labels to all manner of hygiene. Here’s what you won’t find in Curie Deodorant:
Instead, they load their products with all-natural ingredients like coconut oil, cocoa butter, flower extracts, and vanilla. This approach has earned them coverage from publications such as Allure, InStyle, Who What Wear, Well + Good.
Without smelling them, how are you supposed to know Curie’s products are right for you? A good first step is reading my Curie Deodorant review, where you’ll learn about their ingredients, their best-selling products, what customers think about them, and more.
Why You Should Trust Us
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions.
Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
Pros and Cons
Like any personal hygiene product, Curie Deodorant has its own set of pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using Curie deodorant:
- Natural Ingredients: Curie deodorant is made with natural ingredients, which can be appealing to people who are looking for products that are free from harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances.
- Effective Odor Control: Many users report that Curie deodorant is effective at controlling underarm odor, even without the use of harsh chemicals like aluminum.
- Range of Scents: Curie Deodorant comes in a variety of scents, allowing users to choose the one that best fits their preferences.
- No Residue: Unlike some other natural deodorants, Curie deodorant does not leave a sticky or greasy residue on the skin.
- Adjustment Period: Some users may experience an adjustment period when switching from conventional antiperspirants to natural deodorants like Curie. During this time, it is possible to experience increased sweating or odor as your body adjusts to the new product.
- May Need Reapplication: Since Curie Deodorant is made with natural ingredients, it may not provide the same level of protection against sweat as antiperspirants. Users may need to reapply the deodorant throughout the day to maintain odor control.
- Not Antiperspirant: Curie deodorant is not an antiperspirant, which means that it does not prevent sweating. Some users may prefer antiperspirants to prevent sweat stains or to control excessive sweating.
- Scent Sensitivity: While the scents of Curie deodorant are generally well-received, some users may be sensitive to certain fragrances or essential oils used in the product.
It’s important to note that the effectiveness and experience of using Curie Deodorant can vary from person to person, depending on factors like skin type, activity level, and personal preferences!
How to Apply Curie Deodorant
Curie Deodorant is typically applied like any other stick deodorant. Follow these steps to apply it properly:
- Start with clean, dry underarms. It’s best to apply deodorant right after showering or bathing, when your skin is clean and dry.
- Hold the stick firmly against your underarm and glide it smoothly across your skin. Use gentle pressure and make sure you cover the entire area.
- Repeat the process on your other underarm.
- Allow the deodorant to dry completely before getting dressed or applying any other products to your underarms.
It’s important to note that Curie Deodorant is a natural deodorant, which means that it may take some time for your body to adjust to it. You may need to reapply it more frequently or use a different application technique until you find what works best for you.
Ingredients & Health Benefits
The ingredients in Curie Deodorant can vary depending on the specific scent, but the following are the main ingredients used in their formulations, as found on their website:
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and can help to fight odor-causing bacteria on the skin. A 2017 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that coconut oil was effective at inhibiting the growth of bacteria that can cause underarm odor.
- Arrowroot Powder: Arrowroot powder is a natural absorbent that can help to keep the underarms dry and free from moisture. A 2015 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology found that arrowroot powder was effective at absorbing moisture and reducing the growth of bacteria on the skin.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter is a moisturizing ingredient that can help to soothe and nourish the skin. A 2018 study published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences found that shea butter had anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that could be beneficial for skin health.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is a natural deodorizer that can help to neutralize odor-causing bacteria on the skin. A 2018 study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Science found that baking soda was effective at reducing underarm odor.
- Beeswax: Beeswax is a natural wax that can help to give the deodorant a smooth texture and act as a natural emulsifier. A 2014 study published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences found that beeswax had emollient and anti-inflammatory properties that could be beneficial for skin health.
Curie Deodorant is generally considered safe for use, but some people may experience side effects or skin irritation. Here are three reported side effects of natural deodorants, including Curie:
- Skin Irritation: Some users may experience skin irritation, redness, or rash when using natural deodorants like Curie. This can be caused by an allergic reaction to one or more of the ingredients in the product. A 2019 study published in the Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery found that natural deodorants were a common cause of contact dermatitis in patients with underarm rash.
- Increased Sweating: Some users may experience increased sweating or body odor when switching from antiperspirants to natural deodorants like Curie. This is due to the body adjusting to the new product and can usually be resolved over time. A 2018 study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found that natural deodorants were associated with an increase in underarm wetness and malodor during the first week of use.
- Staining of Clothes: Some natural deodorants, including Curie, may cause staining or discoloration of clothing. This can be caused by the natural ingredients in the product reacting with sweat or fabric. A 2017 study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science found that natural deodorants containing baking soda were more likely to cause staining of clothing than those without baking soda.
It’s important to note that these side effects are relatively uncommon and that many people are able to use natural deodorants like Curie without experiencing any adverse effects. If you experience any persistent skin irritation or discomfort, it’s important to discontinue use of the product and consult a healthcare professional.
5 Best Selling Curie Products
Curie Deodorant Stick Review
The first item in my Curide Deodorant review is ideal for people with weakened kidneys. Excessive aluminum is filtered through our kidneys, but impaired kidney function means you might not be able to filter it out, which can contribute to bone weakness or dementia. Thankfully, the Curie Deodorant Stick is aluminum-free.
It’s instead made with real, natural ingredients like beeswax, arrowroot powder, coconut oil, and cornstarch. It comes in a variety of scents, including:
- Coconut nectar
- White tea
- Juniper eucalyptus
- Orange neroli
- Grapefruit cassis
A single purchase of Curie Deodorant Stick costs $14. Customers say: “Finally an aluminum-free chemical-free deodorant that works, smells great, and doesn’t leave stains or bad smells on the clothing! THANK YOU!!”
Curie Pit Kit Review
The Curie Pit Kit is a comprehensive package for personal care. It includes three of Curie’s best products, the Curie Clay Detox Mask, the Curie Deodorant Stick, and the Curie Full Body Deodorant Spray.
The spray contains natural alcohol, witch hazel, and sage oil, among other ingredients. Witch hazel has been linked with improvements to acne and eczema. The Curie Clay Detox Mask is helpful for moving from aluminum-based deodorants to those featured in this Curie Deodorant review thanks to bentonite clay, kaolin clay, and activated charcoal, which can help refresh the skin.
This kit is, unfortunately, sold out right now. Customers say: “I have tried SEVERAL aluminum free deodorants and none of them have kept my pits smelling good all day long, except CURIE! I swiped my pits on Monday morning and haven’t applied Curie today (Tuesday) even after a shower. What a fantastic product – looking forward to more scents.”
Curie Deodorant Stick 3-Pack Review
The main reason you’d want to pick up a Curie Deodorant Stick 3-Pack is if you’re already convinced the deodorant works for you and you want to sample new scents. Through this 3-pack, you can mix and match the following scents:
- White tea
- Grapefruit cassis
- Orange neroli
- Juniper eucalyptus
- Coconut nectar
A one-time purchase costs $42. Customers say: “This deodorant works! I’ve been using another natural line, but I like how Curie has a drier feeling.”
Curie Full Body Deodorant Spray 3-Pack Review
I haven’t spoken too much about spray deodorant yet in my Curie Deodorant review, so allow me to talk about it. It doesn’t contain baking soda, which can irritate and dry your skin. Curie’s is non-aerosol, which the trees will thank you for, and residue-free, so you shouldn’t feel a layer of slime after you apply it. The Curie Full Body Deodorant Spray 3-Pack contains witch hazel, planted-derived propanediol, and sage oil.
You can mix and match scents for $48. Customers say: “This actually helps to reduce body odor! I really like it and will be ordering more. It is a little difficult to use in certain areas if you aren’t holding the bottle upright (challenging to spray), but I’ll still be buying another one!”
Curie Bestsellers Bundle Review
This limited-time offer, the Curie Bestsellers Bundle, is sold out at the moment, but you may want to sign up for notifications when it comes back in stock. It’s the best way to take care of your body as it includes the following items:
- Curie Coconut Nectar Deodorant Stick
- Curie Clay Detox Mask
- Curie White Tea Full Body Deodorant Spray
- Curie Grapefruit Cassis Moisturizing Body Oil
The moisturizing body oil contains multiple oils like sunflower seed, sesame seed, meadowfoam seed, and grape seed.
Customers say: “They work!! I’m really impressed by these products! They work great and smell great!”
Does Curie Work?
Curie Deodorant seems to work great at enveloping customers in sweet fragrances without irritating their skin. Though they use natural ingredients, many items include binding agents like corn starch, which can help the products function like regular deodorants.
Who would I recommend Curie to?
I’d recommend Curie to people who have sensitive skin or feel irritated by traditional deodorants. If you’re making the transition, I’d recommend you include the Curie Clay Detox Mask in your purchase, as it can ease the process.
Who I wouldn’t recommend Curie to?
For obvious reasons, I wouldn’t recommend Curie Deodorant to anybody who’s allergic to ingredients like beeswax or coconut oil.
Alternatives To Curie
If you like what you’ve read in this Curie Deodorant review but wish to compare their products to other brands, here are three companies with similar albeit distinctly separate alternatives.
- Myro Deodorant: aloe-based deodorants with a subscription-based plan
- Paper Cosmetics: vegan, all-natural deodorants with sustainable packaging
- Native Deodorant: natural deodorants without aluminum and a huge array of scents
What Do Experts Think?
There are no proven links between aluminum intake and breast cancer or Alzheimer’s. Though Curie doesn’t push this narrative, you should know why you’re buying aluminum-free products. The main reason you’d want to abstain from them is if you have kidney problems because excess aluminum intake can wear down weakened kidneys, as I mentioned earlier in this Curie Deodorant review.
Curie Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
Okay, I’m tired of talking (or rather, typing), so I’m going to pass the microphone over to customers in this section of my Curie review. They’ll tell you what they liked (and didn’t like) about the products. For starters, here’s how they rated some items on Curie’s website.
- Curie Full Body Deodorant Spray 3-Pack: 4.4/5 stars based on more than 680 pieces of customer feedback
- Curie Deodorant Stick: 4.3/5 stars based on more than 2,100 pieces of customer feedback
- Curie Pit Kit: 4.3/5 stars based on more than 1,800 pieces of customer feedback
As you can see, most shoppers were pleased with Curie Deodorant, primarily for how well they delivered on their promises. The deodorant was consistently described as effective, pleasant-smelling, and non-irritating. Here’s one 5/5 stars Curie Deodorant review from a buyer who was head-over-heels in love.
“THIS WORKS !! LIKE REALLY WORKS! No body odor at all… And you know how sometimes your armpits get used to your deodorant, only to buy this moving forward. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED. 100% RECOMMENDED. I am only going to buy this moving forward.“
Curie Deodorant was so good that it even converted some lifelong skeptics, like this customer on Things Testing. “I’ve been a natural deodorant skeptic, but have been using this for a few weeks and loving it. This brand has nailed scents – they smell delicious. The deodorant spray is great and innovative.”
The only two complaints I read in Curie Deodorant reviews were the following; the scent doesn’t transfer to users and the deodorant flakes when being applied. However, these were minor criticisms in the face of testimonials like this one from a shopper on Amazon.
“I am shocked at how well this product works. The reviews are pretty spot on. The stick is harder than other deodorants so you have to swipe it on a few times, but it doesn’t bother me. I have worn this working out and it works like a charm.”
Is Curie Legit?
Curie Deodorant appears to be a legitimate corporation with their customers’ best interests in mind.
Is Curie Worth It?
All-natural health products are expensive, which is no different with Curie Deodorant. If you have the money or you struggle with regular deodorants, then I think you should check Curie out.
Where To Buy Curie
Who owns Curie?
Sarah Moret is the founder and owner of Curie.
What is special about Curie deodorant?
The products in this Curie Deodorant review are special for their clean ingredients label, lack of filler ingredients, and proven effectiveness with customers.
Did Shark Tank invest in Curie?
Yes, Shark Tank investors Barbara Corcoran and Mark Cuban suggested an exchange of $300,000 for 14% equity in Curie, which Sarah Moret accepted.
Where is Curie based?
Curie Deodorant is based out of Santa Monica, California, a rather steamy area, which makes sense why Moret would develop such an interest in deodorant.
What is Curie’s Shipping Policy?
Curie can ship to the United States and Canada. They can only ship to locations within the lower 48 United States due to carrier restrictions. All orders over $35 receive free shipping.
What is Curie’s Returns Policy?
Curie Deodorant offers a 30-day return window wherein customers can send back items for a refund or exchange.
How To Contact Curie
I’ll wrap up my Curie Deodorant review with the brand’s email info. You can contact them through [email protected] if you have any remaining questions.
Explore your options for natural skincare. Check out these popular brands: