Frank Green Review
Table of Contents
About Frank Green
Frank Green makes chic, reusable drinkware to help the world cut down on single-use plastic. Offering customizable colors, limited edition designs, and durable materials, the brand makes sustainability attractive and approachable to all.
Aside from social media, the Original Frank Green model was the official reusable cup of the Grammys and has won several awards, including:
- Good Design Awards
- Eco Innovation Winner 2018
- Premier’s Design Awards
- Business of Tomorrow 2018 Winner
Take one look at its website and you’ll know Frank Green is all about paying respect to the earth. Its mission to create sustainable drinkware is as honorable as its homage to indigenous communities or its dedication to offsetting carbon emissions.
In fact, after just 15 uses of one of the Frank Green coffee cups, you’ll negate the emissions the brand used to produce it.
The brand’s purpose is simple: “to stop the use of single-use plastic products.” It’s a straightforward mission with a big heart and is surprisingly harder than one might think. But with attractive designs, appealing graphics, and smart features, that mission is made a little easier, encouraging shoppers to make the switch through convenience and fun.
Launched in 2013, the Seattle-based brand was founded by Benjamin Young. As a child, Young felt a connection to the natural world, but as a man, felt he wasn’t doing everything in his power to preserve it.
Setting out to put his learned business skills to use, he created a multi-award–winning, world-renowned product that’s praised for its innovation, functionality, and design.
Thinking of making the switch? Keep reading this Frank Green review. In it, you’ll find in-depth information about the brand and its bestsellers, customer feedback, answers to FAQs, and more, to help you decide if this it’s the right fit for your needs.
Pros and Cons
Before I get into the brand’s enticing collections, this Frank Green review will pause for a second to highlight its pros and cons.
- Sustainability: Frank Green products are designed to reduce single-use waste. By using their reusable cups and bottles, you can help decrease the amount of plastic waste generated from disposable coffee cups and water bottles.
- Design and customization: Frank Green offers a range of stylish and customizable designs for their products. You can choose from different colors, patterns, and accessories to personalize your cup or bottle.
- Smart features: Many Frank Green products come with smart features like spill-proof lids, one-handed operation, and even integrated payment options (via their Pay feature). These features enhance convenience and usability.
- Durability: Frank Green products are typically made from high-quality materials like stainless steel and BPA-free plastic, which makes them durable and long-lasting.
- Insulation: Frank Green offers insulated products that can keep your beverages hot or cold for extended periods, allowing you to enjoy your drinks at the desired temperature.
- Price: Frank Green products tend to be more expensive compared to disposable options. The initial investment might be higher, but considering the long-term use and environmental benefits, it can be a worthwhile investment.
- Compatibility: Frank Green cups and bottles may not fit all cup holders or beverage machines, so it’s important to check the sizing and compatibility with your specific needs.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Some Frank Green products have more intricate designs, which can make cleaning a bit more challenging. Additionally, certain models may have more components that require maintenance and care.
- Limited size options: Depending on the product, Frank Green may have limited size options available. If you prefer a particular size or volume for your beverages, you may need to explore other alternatives.
- Breakage risk: Although Frank Green products are generally durable, accidents can still happen. Dropping or mishandling the cups or bottles may result in breakage, which can be a disadvantage.
When you look at the brand from a distance, Frank Green’s selection is pretty meat and potatoes. But the style, color, and limited edition collections make it feel expansive, diverse, and enthralling.
On top of drinkware, Frank Green also offers homewares, accessories, and even parts to help your bottles last a lifetime.
In the next section of this Frank Green water bottle review, I’ll introduce you to a few of the brand’s reusable cups and bottles, with styles ranging from fun, licensed graphics to sunset-inspired hues.
6 Frank Green Bestsellers
In the frigid temperatures or blistering sun, beverages that stay hot or cold can be the difference between a good or bad day. Although this is a Frank Green review, before I get into those, I’ll feature the brand’s best-selling cups.
Ahead, you’ll read about Frank Green’s colorful classic smartcup and one within its Disney collection.
Frank Green Ceramic Reusable Cup
Frank Green’s OG design, the Ceramic Reusable Cup is a compact little guy that looks more like a Bluetooth speaker than a reusable cup.
Its smooth exterior and two-toned look may have something to do with that, but in general, this is a futuristic-looking cup for those looking forward to a cleaner, greener planet in years to come. Mix cap and cup between 17 colors or create a dreamy match that looks as much as a desk accent as it does a cool cup.
Made from 304-grade stainless steel, this cup allows you to pour in the create foamy, hot concoctions you make at home and still enjoy them that way at the office.
Offered in three sizes, get this Frank Green smartcup in 6 oz for $33, 12 oz for $35, or 16 oz for $37.
Frank Green Tigger Ceramic Reusable Cup
The wonderful thing about Tiggers is that one is on this adorable reusable cup. Bringing a little bounce to your everyday routine, the Tigger Ceramic Reusable Cup holds 10 oz of hot or cold liquid and keeps it that way by using triple-walled, vacuum-insulated ceramic.
Just like the bouncy little guy, this Frank Green Tigger cup is a sunny orange color and has a black Tigger graphic to brighten your day.
Keep things bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy, with this Frank Green Tigger Ceramic Reusable Cup for $40.
Frank Green Love Island 25oz Original Reusable Bottle
Whether you’re a fan of the hit TV show Love Island or simply love the outdoors, the Love Island 25oz Original Reusable Bottle is clear with a white lid and gold stainless steel straw.
Designed to be monogrammed, choose from soft pink, bright gold, or light blue for your name or phrase—just be sure to keep it to 9 characters. Lightweight and made from BPA-free, FDA & EU-approved safe materials, this dishwasher-safe bottle includes a silicone carrying strap and fits in standard cup holders for road trips, or pool floaties.
Made in Australia, the Frank Green Love Island water bottle is $40.
Frank Green Winnie the Pooh Ceramic Reusable Bottle
Leak-proof, vacuum-insulated, and an environmental hero, the Winnie the Pooh Ceramic Reusable Bottle will save you from saying “Oh, bother!” to leaks, luke-warm water, and plastic.
It’s a pale, honey-yellow color, with Pooh bear’s adorable picture planted smack dab in the middle. Holding 34 oz, this cute and classic Frank Green Winnie the Pooh water bottle is $50.
Frank Green One in a Minion Ceramic Reusable Bottle
Frank Green knows that personalization is a fun part of life and that minions have the most fun of all. The One in a Minion Ceramic Reusable Bottle is the same color as the funky little fellas, and you’ll get to choose between two sticker sets to add some flair and a personal touch.
Both sets come with a glow-in-the-dark sticker and some of the best-loved minions getting up to mischief. Spill-safe, and insulating, fill your day with smiles with this amusing Frank Green minion bottle for $50.
Frank Green Tea Infuser
We all know tea is a healthy choice. But, if you’re eliminating plastic from water bottles, why wouldn’t you cut down on the PET and nylon (both plastic derived) from tea bags?
The Tea Infuser saves the day, allowing you to pull in your favorite loose leaf and steep a tasty cup. Cutting down on waste and steps, this infuser fits nicely on top of your favorite Frank Green cup.
Grab the Frank Green Tea Infuser for $12.
Are Frank Green Bottles Dishwasher Safe?
Certain parts of Frank Green bottles and cups can be placed in the dishwasher, but others, you’re going to want to wash by hand. To help make this information less confusing, I compiled it into a neat little list below that tells you what goes where.
- Original Cup: Put the whole thing in the dishwasher
- Stainless Steel Cup: Throw the lid in, leave the cup out
- Ceramic Cup: Let the dishwasher take care of the lid, clean the cup by hand
- Straws & Lid Buttons: Let the dishwasher do the dirty work for you
Can You Put Hot Water In Frank Green?
You sure can. Frank Green cups are vacuum-sealed and keep your drinks hot for longer than a regular cup would. If you want to get the most out of your hot beverage, don’t open the lid unless you’re drinking from it.
Can You Microwave Frank Green?
Certain parts of the brand’s drinkware are microwaveable, while others you need to be sure to leave out if you don’t want your microwave to shoot lightning bolts. Take a look at the list below to see what is and what’s not.
- Original Cup: Zap the base, leave out the lid
- Stainless Steel & Ceramic Cups: Don’t even think about microwaving these
Who Is Frank Green For?
If you’re looking to help out the environment, but want a trendy little cup or bottle to quench your needs on the go, Frank Green is a great choice. You’ll be negating the carbon offsets it took to make it by using your bottle just once a day for two weeks, so it’s an ideal choice for those new or seasoned in green practices.
Comparison: Frank Green vs. Fellow
Reusable bottles are the new black. Everyone and their mother has one, and that stat is reflected in how many brands there are on the market that offer them. This section of my Frank Green review will put our featured brand head-to-head with its competitor, Fellow.
Unlike our featured brand, Fellow is more about all things coffee. From kettles to cups to grinders, the competitor looks to be all about the matte black aesthetic—a smart choice for a substance that’s known to stain.
Though shown in all black, Fellow products are also offered in an array of saturated colors much like Frank Green. But the colors aren’t the only thing that makes these two brands alike, our competitor’s cups closely resemble that of our feature brand, just with more rounded edges that make it look like a pod canister.
To get a good look at how closely these brands resemble each other, I’ll zoom in on the Fellow Carter Everywhere Cup and Frank Green Original Ceramic Reusable Cup.
- Fellow Carter Everywhere Cup:
- 12 oz or 16 oz
- 11 colors + Art Series
- Ceramic interior, drinkable thin lip, aromatic wide mouth
- Double-wall vacuum
- Frank Green Original Ceramic Reusable Cup:
- 6 oz, 12 oz, or 16 oz
- 17 colors + Limited Edition
- Ceramic lined, thin lip, wide mouth
- Push-button seal
- Double-wall vacuum
The button seal is what makes the Frank Green cup really stand out, as it helps retain heat in your beverage while allowing you to sip with the cap on. Otherwise, these two bottles are pretty much identical. Our featured brand offers a few more colors and focuses on licensed graphics rather than art.
Frank Green Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
You’ve seen how Frank Green compares to another similar brand on the market, but still, we need to know what customers think. In this section, I’ve rounded up reviews from sources far and wide across the web to help shed some light on what the brand’s drinkware is really like.
To check in on the spill-proof claim the brand makes for its drinkware, I headed to a Frank Green water bottle review on Glorious Days. The review revealed, “I’ve chucked the coffee-filled mug in my bag, swung my bag around for quite a bit, and my bag has been coffee free.”
In the end, the reviewer noted that “it’s an excellent cup for driving” and gave it 3.75/5 stars.
Next, I took a peek at the brand’s Trustpilot profile. Though it shows a 2.7/5 star rating, only 212 people have reviewed their experience with Frank Green.
It’s not enough for us to say whether the following comments are characteristic of the brand, but still, it’s important to include them. I’ve tacked on the rating snapshot below if you’re interested in seeing how that score came to be.
- 5 stars: 39%
- 4 stars: 3%
- 3 stars: 6%
- 2 stars: 9%
- 1 star: 43%
For an award-winning brand, I certainly didn’t expect to see those ratings, but let’s take a closer look at what the most common issue was.
The most common issue mentioned in any Frank Green water bottle review was in regards to a metallic or chemical smell. The brand’s website FAQ doesn’t mention this, but it does say to fill the bottle or cup with baking soda and vinegar to help eliminate any odors that are present.
I was surprised that there weren’t a ton of quality reviews made for this popular brand but managed to find some decent information on TheKitchn.com.
The Frank Green reusable cups review on The Kitchn noted the smart features of the brand’s Original Ceramic Cup. For example, its “push top that can be easily operated with one hand,” the shape that’s perfect “for any coffee on-the-go,” and its truly leak-proof design.
The reviewer even stated that they tried it out by casually tossing it within their purse, and guess what? No leaks. Perhaps most gobsmacked with the gorgeous colors the Frank Green travel mug comes in, the review is nothing but positive.
Overall, Frank Green drinkware looks to be enjoyed by many, but some find issues with the features that others like, so it may be a matter of preference.
Is Frank Green Worth It?
With beautiful color options, the chance to customize, and tons of styles, Frank Green drinkware certainly scores high in our books.
Add on an admirable mission, friendly sales team, and fair prices, and you have yourself a winning brand—and winning is certainly what this company is, considering the numerous awards it has racked up over the years.
Writing this Frank Green review, I’ve come to appreciate the cups’ function, style, and features and thinks they’re great for travel for busy adults and kids.
If you’re looking for alternatives to Frank Green products, there are several other brands that offer reusable coffee cups and water bottles. Here are a few popular options:
- Klean Kanteen: Klean Kanteen specializes in stainless steel water bottles and food containers. They have a reputation for producing durable and high-quality products with a focus on reducing waste.
- Hydro Flask: Hydro Flask is known for its insulated water bottles that can keep beverages cold or hot for extended periods. They offer a variety of sizes and designs, including options with wide-mouth openings for easy filling and cleaning.
- S’well: S’well is a brand that offers both reusable water bottles and insulated food containers. Their products feature stylish designs and excellent insulation capabilities.
- Corkcicle: Corkcicle offers a range of stylish and insulated water bottles and tumblers. Their products are designed to maintain the temperature of your beverages and are available in various sizes and colors.
Frank Green Promotions & Discounts
I scoured the brand’s website for deals throughout this Frank Green water bottle review and found that the best way to stay up to date on any that the brand offers, would be to subscribe to the newsletter.
But regardless of when Frank Green deals get released, customers who spend over $125 will get their orders shipped for free.
Where to Buy Frank Green
To make things easier on you, I always suggest buying straight from the brand, if possible. You’ll get access to the brand’s entire collection, along with its monogramming service for the Love Island line. To do so, head to FrankGreen.com and start shopping.
If you’re out and about and want to shop elsewhere, certain products can be found at specialty retailers, including Indigo, David Jones, and Amazon.
Where is Frank Green made?
Unlike some other brands, Frank Green is super transparent about where its products are made. In fact, you can see exactly where each component of each bottle or cup is created, most of them in Melbourne, Australia.
There are a few pieces that are made in China, but for the most part, it’s important to the brand that its drinkware is locally made.
Does Frank Green leak?
They shouldn’t, but if your Frank Green bottle does, it may be one of four things.
- You may have overfilled the max fill line
- Solution: empty a bit out
- Your hot beverage has created steam and pressure within your button lid cup
- Solution: let your hot beverage cool down before closing the lid
- A fixture in the lid may be loose within your button lid cup
- Solution: Reassemble your lid. Instructional videos can be found online
- The straw isn’t properly fitted within your straw lid cup
- Solution: make sure the metal straw is plugged into the silicon grommet on the lid’s interior
What is Frank Green’s Shipping Policy?
Frank Green ships around the world, just to certain locations. I’ll list those for you below so you don’t have to go trudging through the brand’s FAQs to find out if they ship to your country.
- New Zealand
Shipping rates vary by location and so do delivery times.
If you’ve bought Love Island monogrammed bottles, keep in mind they take about 7-10 days to process.
What is Frank Green’s Return Policy?
Due to recent circumstances, Frank Green does not accept returns on any merchandise unless it is damaged on arrival or has a defect. If your item does arrive with an issue, simply shoot the brand an email at [email protected] and let its team know the deal.
All Frank Green bottles are covered under a 12-month warranty from the day you bought yours. This warranty promises to take care of defects in materials or workmanship as long as they’ve been cared for properly.
How to Contact Frank Green
I hope you found all the information you came looking for in this Frank Green water bottle review. If you still have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the brand by using any of these methods:
- Email: [email protected]
- Snail Mail: 3213 West Wheeler Street, box 404, Seattle, WA 98199
- Contact Form on the company website
Still thirsty? Check out these other popular water bottle brands: