About Notch Health
Upset stomach? Hives? Irritation? Could be a food allergy. Notch Health is an American company that provides accurate at-home diagnostic testing and screening for food allergies and sensitivities, general allergies, and vitamin deficiencies.
Known for giving people the power to test remotely in the comfort of their own home, Notch Health has garnered acclaim in the likes of Newsweek, Healthline, and PR Newswire.
This Notch Health review will take an in-depth look at the brand and their products, customer ratings, promotions, and more to help you decide if their services are worth the buy.
Overview of Notch Health
Notch Health is a “personal health metrics company” that was created in the hopes of bringing everyday people clarity and vital information about their own health.
The company provides safe and effective at-home testing for food allergies, sensitivities, vitamin deficiencies that is then sent to an accredited clinical lab.
Notch Health headquarters are located in Seattle, Washington since their founding in 2020. The current CEO of the company is Juan Zambrano.
Now that you have some background on the brand, this Notch Health review will take a look at some of their overall highlights before we really dig into all that they have to offer:
- Easy and safe at-home screening and testing for food intolerances, allergies, and vitamin deficiencies
- Lots of positive Notch Health reviews online left by satisfied customers
- Quick turnaround for physician-reviewed results
- Tests come back to an accredited partner lab
- At-home COVID-19 tests available
Let’s see how Notch Health really works and the steps required to get your kit!
How Does Notch Health Work?
If you’ve ever found yourself curious about any intolerances you might have, Notch Health provides at-home testing that works through a “simplified diagnostic screening.”
Whether you’re looking to test your food allergies with the Notch Health At-Home Food Sensitivity Test or examine your levels of Vitamin D with the Notch Health Home Vitamin Test, all you have to do is pick your test, add it to your basket, and click purchase to begin.
Once you’ve placed your Notch Health order, your test kit will arrive at your home in the next 5 – 10 business days. When it’s in your possession, you simply have to activate your test here. You’ll need your test kit ID as well as your email.
You’ll also need to sign up for an account with Notch Health on their website.
After the activation process, then comes the part where you collect your sample. Simply follow the instructions that have been included in your test kit. It will likely involve providing saliva or dried blood samples.
After that, you mail off your panel back to Notch Health in a prepaid envelope that makes its way to a certified lab for testing. After they have your results, a certified physician interprets all the details.
Once your results are ready, you will receive an email to notify you and you’ll be able to login to the Notch Health portal to review all the information that was found from your test kit.
Notch Health Essential Food Sensitivity Test Review
Do you find yourself experiencing cramping or extreme tiredness after some meals? It can be difficult to pinpoint what the issue might be, especially if you have a varied diet. The Notch Health At-Home Food Sensitivity Test – Essential is a great place to start.
This Notch Health home food sensitivity test works to identify sensitivities across 96 common foods and spices that are likely a part of your regular diet.
If you’re concerned and want to look at how your body really reacts to dairy, eggs, specific meats, vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, and even common spices, this Notch Health food sensitivity test at home measures something called your immunoglobulin (IgG) antibodies.
After you activate your test online on the Notch Health website, you simply collect your sample and send it back to get your accredited lab results in 5 – 10 days.
Any food sensitivities that you have regarding any of these essential foods will be identified and you’ll finally be able to feel like there’s a proper way forward in avoiding meals that might upset your body.
The Notch Health Essential Food Sensitivity Test is $159, on sale from $189.
Notch Health Complete Food Sensitivity Test Review
If you have a more diverse food palette and you’re looking to cover a more expansive dining room table, the Notch Health Complete Food Sensitivity Test is a great resource to get the dos and don’ts when it comes to cooking for yourself.
This Notch Health food sensitivity kit works to uncover sensitivities across 208 foods that are more culturally diverse.
You still get the same more traditional food sensitivity tests, such as dairy, eggs, grains, vegetables, nuts, fruit, and spices, but the brand has also thrown in some other things to test that might be hidden and causing your sensitivity issues.
Simply follow the same steps as before: once you receive your Notch Health food sensitivity test in the mail, you activate it, collect your sample and send it back to the lab. You’ll receive your board-certified results in 5 – 10 business days.
The Notch Health Complete Food Sensitivity Test is available for $259.
Notch Health Vitamin D Test Review
Did you know that feeling under the weather often can be due to a lack of Vitamin D? Everything from your bone health to your immune system can be impacted by a deficiency of this essential vitamin.
So, if you’ve been curious about what your Vitamin D levels look like, maybe it’s time to do the Notch Health Home Vitamin D Test. The Notch Health at home vitamin test works to measure the vitamin D levels that exist in your blood.
They’re measured by nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL) and once you submit your test you’ll be able to see if your levels are low, normal, or too high. Healthy levels usually sit between 30 – 100 ng/mL.
The Notch Health Home Vitamin D Test is priced at $45.
Notch Health Airborne Allergens Test Review
Sneezing, coughing, and irritation throughout certain months of the year. Yup, could be seasonal allergies? If you’ve got some annual symptoms going on, the Notch Health Airborne Allergens Test could help find the answer.
The Notch Health Airborne Allergens test provides a panel for reactivity from 48 outdoor and indoor irritants that you could possibly experience allergic reactions from. Common outdoor items are tested, such as different types of grass, trees, weeds, as well as mold, and cat and dog dander.
This Notch Health Airbourne Allergens test provides a panel that examines your IgG antibody response across the 48 common irritants and will quite possibly help you finally find some relief once you can actually see what’s really causing your sneezing and wheezing.
The Notch Health Airbourne Allergens Test is priced at $99 (down from $195).
Who Is Notch Health For?
As this Notch Health review reveals, this company exists to bring personalized, safe, and effective health screenings and testing into your home without the added hassles of having to schedule specialist or doctor appointments.
If you’re someone who has struggled with dietary sensitivities or has been curious about what it is exactly that makes them sneeze during the summer months, Notch Health provides easy, no-fuss testing that you can do at home and get physician-approved results.
Comparison: Notch Health vs. EverlyWell
It only seems fair to include a comparison with a competing company in this Notch Health review.
EverlyWell is an at-home screening and test company that offers “access to laboratory testing for wellness monitoring, informational and educational use.”
Let’s take a look at some of the ways in which these two companies are similar:
- Both Notch Health and EverlyWell provide at-home testing for food sensitivities, allergies, vitamin deficiencies, and COVID-19 screening
- They both offer the same process for testing, sending your panel off and receiving physician-reviewed results
- Notch Health and EverlyWell both sit in the price range of anywhere between $50 – $200 for most screening kits
- Both offer shipping to most areas of the United States
There are some ways in which these two companies differ:
- EverlyWell offers a larger variety of testing as they also offer men and women’s health screenings, sexual health, cholesterol, heart health, etc.
- There are perhaps more savings and discounts to be found with Everlywell as they offer various coupons and sale codes
Overall, both of these health and wellness at-home testing companies offer much of the same in similar price ranges. If you want to learn more about EverlyWell then you can check them out in our full EverlyWell Test Review.
How Much Is Notch Health?
The price range varies at all of the different screenings and tests that are available. Here’s a price breakdown of some of their most popular tests:
- Notch Health At-Home Food Sensitivity Test – Essential: $159 down from $189
- Notch Health Complete Food Sensitivity Test: $259
- Notch Health Home Food Sensitivity Test – Vegetarian: $159
- Notch Health Food Sensitivity Kit – Mexican Food: $159 down from $189
- Covid-19 Home Test: $99 down from $119
- Notch Health Home Vitamin D Test: $45
- Notch Health Airbourne Allergens Test: $99 down from $195
Notch Health Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
This Notch Health review would simply not be complete without taking into consideration what the people who are doing the tests and screenings have to say.
Firstly, let’s do a general overview of some of their best-selling screening and test kits and look at how they’re rated on their website.
- Notch Health Home Food Sensitivity Test – Complete: an average of 4.5/5 stars out of 32 ratings with one customer saying “After struggling with bloating and pain, this test revealed what I should be eating & it’s working!”
- Notch Health Food Sensitivity Test At Home – Essential: an average of 4.5/5 stars out of 12 ratings
- Notch Health Home Vitamin D Test: an average of 4.5/5 stars out of 15 ratings: “overall easy to use. Results were available super quickly”
- Notch Health Airborne Allergens Test: an average of 4.5/5 stars out of 11 ratings
There seems to be a lot of satisfied customers leaving positive Notch Health reviews on their website. Many people seem to be really surprised at how easy the whole process is.
One customer left a 5/5-star review after they had purchased the Notch Health Essential Food Sensitivity Test. She said:
“This test is fast, efficient and returns easy to understand results. This has been very helpful to start my elimination diet that has majorly improved my life.”
Another thing that a number of customers note on their Notch Health reviews is that once you get your results, you’re not met with a bunch of information or language that you can’t understand.
Also, during a time when society has to deal with viruses such as COVID-19, Notch Health actually provides an at-home COVID-19 test kit. One customer left a 5/5-star review had this to say about the test:
“This was an easy way to test for covid. The process was quick & convenient. I got the results back within 2 days.”
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a negative Notch Health review as most customers are genuinely satisfied with the easy process that they can do right in the comfort of their own home.
They also appreciate the quick results that allow them to uncover things that might have been hidden in clear and concise language.
Is Notch Health Worth It?
If you’re someone who experiences various health-related symptoms after a big meal or you finally feel empowered to figure out what exactly you’re allergic to, Notch Health could be a step in the right direction for you.
With Notch Health at-home screening kits, you’re able to do your panel at home and send it off to a certified lab for testing.
As the physician-reviewed results coming back to you are easy to read and understand, this Notch Health review finds that the products this company has to offer are worth the buy due to their convenience and effectiveness.
Notch Health Promotions & Discounts
There are a few different ways to receive some discounts on your Notch Health order:
- If you sign up to receive Notch Health emails, you can receive 15% off your purchase
- There is also free shipping on all lab tests done at home
- If you take the quiz on the website, you can receive 20% off your order
Sign Up For Notch Health
If you’re considering signing up to receive a Notch Health test, and you’re not really sure what screening test you want, there are a few steps to take to help you decide:
- Notch Health will ask you what your primary health goals are from improving your immune system or digestive health, keeping up your energy throughout the day, looking at your nutrient health, as well as looking at improving your overall health
- You will then be asked to choose from a number of different bodily symptoms that you might experience, such as cramps, fatigue, congestion, etc.
- Then you’re asked if you have any airborne allergies
- The brand will ask you what your relationship with food is like, considering the likes of eating habits and nutrition
- You’ll then be asked to describe your diet
- Notch Health will then ask you if you’re exposed to the sun on a regular basis
- After all of this, the website will suggest some health tests that they think should address what it is you’re looking to address
- If you choose, you can add these Notch Health tests to your cart and enter your information to purchase and check-out
What is Notch Health’s Shipping Policy?
Notch Health offers free shipping across the United States. The brand currently does not ship to New Jersey, Rhode Island, or New York state. They also do not ship to PO boxes.
International shipping is not available at Notch Health.
All health tests that have been ordered through Notch Health are shipped using standard delivery. You will receive your order within 5 – 7 business days.
Tracking information can be found on the brand’s website.
What is Notch Health’s Return Policy?
Due to the nature of Notch Health and their products, unused test kits cannot be returned. If you decide that you want to return your test kit within 14 days of placing your order, you may be eligible for a full refund.
Any shipping, handling, and processing fees will not be refunded. Refunds that are sought past the 30-day mark are not eligible.
If your Notch Health order has not shipped from the warehouse within 3 business days, you are eligible for a 100% refund.
You cannot request a refund if you’re already waiting for the results. If you have experienced any issues in prolonged waiting times in regards to test results, you can reach out to the brand after the test and interpretation are ready.
How to Contact Notch Health
If you have any questions after reading our Notch Health review, feel free to reach out to the brand through the following methods of contact:
- Email: [email protected] between the hours of 9 am – 4 pm Monday – Friday
- Phone: 1-800-456-4325