Raw Sugar Review
Table of Contents
About Raw Sugar
Cut the colorants, preservatives, and other unnecessary add-ons when it comes to cosmetics. Raw Sugar is all about getting to the nitty-gritty, as this skincare brand only utilizes the best of the best when it comes to ingredients.
Clean, cruelty-free, and holistic in company mission, Raw Sugar is considered a good-for-you alternative when it comes to body scrubs, soaps, deodorant, and more. They also implement some sustainable initiatives, including the brand’s use of post-consumer recycled plastic.
Raw Sugar has a considerable following on social media, as its Instagram page boasts a 152k audience.
Tired of over-processed products? Perhaps it’s time to opt for the au natural approach. Keep reading, as in this Raw Sugar review, I’ll take an in-depth look at the brand, its products, customer ratings, promotions, and more to help you decide if they’re worth checking out.
Why You Should Trust Us
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions. Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
5 Best Selling Raw Sugar Products
This online brand offers a broad selection of skincare goodies. To keep things short and sweet, I’ll only feature some of their bestselling products. It’s worth noting that I’ll primarily focus on highlighting the stand-alone ingredients in each formula.
Raw Sugar The Bright Start Review
Imagine a cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer’s day. Now, apply that same refreshing feeling to The Bright Start 3-piece set from Raw Sugar. This skincare bundle works to exfoliate, moisturize, and revitalize your skin. Inside, customers will receive body butter, a sugar scrub, and a Raw Sugar lip balm. The former two products are best used during your shower routine.
Like lemonade, skincare products are rarely a one-ingredient formula. I’ll quickly outline the additives included in The Bright Start 3-Piece set next in this Raw Sugar review.
- Jojoba seed oil: rich in vitamin E, this ingredient works wonders in quelling irritated skin.
- Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract: youthful skin is considered achievable if you integrate this additive into your everyday routine. It’s high in AHA, which helps in providing a protective barrier to the complexion.
- Shea butter: there’s a good chance that you’re already well-familiar with this ingredient. Key in moisturization, it’s commonly added in several body lotions.
- Coconut oil: not just for cooking, coconut oil is typically used for reducing inflammation and moisturization.
As of lately, there are no reviews for The Bright Start 3-piece set on Raw Sugar or on outside sources—so you can probably chalk it up as a one-of-a-kind find. This skincare bundle currently retails for an affordable $25.
Raw Sugar Simply Hand Wash Review
Visually, bar soap isn’t an intimidating product, but it certainly applies when it comes to the ingredients. You’d be surprised to know the amount of fragrance, preservatives, and chemicals infused in such a common cleaner. If you prefer a more natural alternative, the Simply Hand Wash utilizes cold-pressed plant-derived ingredients to ensure a gentler solution.
It doesn’t require much for application, as users only need two pumps of the formula to work. In terms of ingredients, I’ll quickly go over 4 prime additives featured in the Simply Hand Wash.
- Aloe Vera: this ingredient is considered a go-to for irritated skin. It soothes sunburns, heals wounds, and combats signs of anti-aging.
- Ginger root extract: got acne scars? Most people do. Instead of opting for makeup as a temporary solution, ginger root can help fade blemishes while revitalizing the skin.
- Olive fruit oil: this extract is rich in fatty acids. When applied to the complexion, it can help provide protection against environmental stressors.
- Meadowfoam seed oil: key in softening your skin, meadowfoam extract can help encourage a more supple complexion.
There’s some buzz around the Simply Hand Wash. For instance, one customer stated that it is the perfect kitchen soap. If you’re looking to incorporate this solution into your daily routine, it retails for only $6.
Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie Shampoo Review
It’s time to say goodbye to super-drying formulas. The Moisture Smoothie Shampoo works to hydrate the scalp, tame wild hair, and remove excess debris and oil. It’s kind of like drinking a fruity beverage in 30-degree weather, but for your tresses. Like most shampoos, this solution is best applied to wet strands. The brand recommends using cold water for the best results.
Obviously, there’s no sugar, alcohol, or fruit chunks added in the Moisture Smoothie Shampoo, despite its name. Instead, it features these 4 prime ingredients:
- Sweet almond oil: this ingredient is chock-full of vitamins and fatty acids. It helps to smoothen dry hair and encourage its natural strength.
- Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil: like sweet almond oil, macadamia extract works wonders in providing shine and softness to stressed tresses.
- Agave leaf extract: this additive can help condition dry and damaged hair.
- Coconut oil: as previously mentioned in this Raw Sugar review, coconut oil helps to moisturize the complexion. It also provides the same effect to dry hair.
There’s a significant amount of praise for the Moisture Smoothie Shampoo. Take it from one customer, who left a rave review for this shower necessity:
“This RAW sugar shampoo was perfect for not only cleaning my hair but also giving it a beautiful shine. It leaves my hair looking hydrated and healthy.”
Price-wise, the Moisture Smoothie Shampoo sells for $12.
Raw Sugar The Moisture Smoothie Conditioner Review
What’s better than one fruity beverage? Two, of course! Case in point, the Moisture Smoothie Conditioner is designed to complement its shampoo counterpart. It’s formulated to provide the same amount of luster and sheen to dehydrated ends. This is primarily thanks to the brand’s use of plant-based ingredients.
To experience the benefits of the Moisture Smoothie Conditioner, it’s best to use the Moisture Smoothie Shampoo first. Afterward, you can apply the solution to the ends of your hair, working your way upwards. If you’re wondering what ingredients are used in this all-time bestseller, I’ll provide a snapshot of included additives next in this Raw Sugar review.
- Jojoba seed oil: yep, this ingredient also works its magic on hair. It’s known to moisturize dry scalps while encouraging volume.
- Shea butter: also key in hydration, shea butter can also tame frizz and unkempt hair.
- Aloe vera: say goodbye to greasy hair. Working aloe vera into your scalp can help minimize excess sebum.
- Macadamia seed oil: this additive can help hydrate the hair and strengthen brittle ends.
Like the shampoo, the Moisture Smoothie Conditioner has also racked up dozens of Raw Sugar reviews. Buyers are quick to commend its formulation, such as this happy customer:
“Love how much this conditioner moisturizes my hair and makes it feel silky soft. I have fine hair, and it doesn’t weigh it down or leave it feeling greasy.”
Achieving gorgeous hair has never been so simple and affordable. The Moisture Smoothie Conditioner costs $12 in total.
Raw Sugar Deodorant Review
Smelling great and feeling great are two sides of the same coin. Unfortunately, some antiperspirants only focus on delivering one effect. If you want to experience both necessities, the Raw Sugar Deodorant ensures zero B.O. while minimizing sweat stains. Like other leading formulas, this solution should be applied to the armpits.
So, what’s included in the Raw Sugar Deodorant? Ingredients are as follows:
- Sunflower seed wax: this natural ingredient contains fatty acids and key vitamins. It’s super hydrating, which is excellent for dry skin.
- Charcoal bamboo powder: ideal for mopping up free radicals, this additive is considered an organic skin cleanser.
- Coconut oil: you already know the drill. Coconut oil is a godsend for Sahara-level dry skin.
Considered a must-have for sensitive skin, according to one rave Raw Sugar review, the Deodorant retails for $8.
Does Raw Sugar Work?
According to several happy customers, Raw Sugar isn’t another example of false advertising. The brand’s formulas offer positive results when it comes to hydration and skin revitalization. This applies to shampoos, body lotions, scrubs, and deodorants.
Who would I recommend Raw Sugar to?
- Customers who are sensitive to certain ingredients
- Ethical shoppers who value holistic formulas and sustainability
- Budget-conscious buyers
Who I wouldn’t recommend Raw Sugar to?
Raw Sugar is regarded as an accessible way to get started with sustainable and organic alternatives. With that in mind, there’s really no audience that couldn’t benefit from using their products. That said, it’s worth mentioning that this brand is only available within the United States.
If you still have your doubts about Raw Sugar, I’ll provide some alternatives to help inform your final decision.
Alternatives to Raw Sugar
Aside from Raw Sugar, cosmetic brands like No BS, Function of Beauty, and Nuud also focus on natural, sustainable ingredients. I’ll quickly go over any differences and similarities for each company.
- No BS: this online brand utilizes holistic ingredients as a more environmentally-friendly approach. It’s worth noting that they only focus on skincare compared to Raw Sugar.
- Function of Beauty: from shampoos to conditioners, Function of Beauty offers personalized formulas using natural additives. Their products are quite expensive.
- Nuud: this deodorant company looks towards the future of antiperspirants. You won’t find any unsustainable measures when it comes to this brand. Like Function of Beauty, their products are also relatively costly.
What Do Experts Think?
In terms of expert studies, I haven’t found much revolving around the credibility of Raw Sugar products. EWG, an organization committed to grading brands on a hazard scale, is the best source I uncovered when it comes to professional opinion. It seems that most of the brand’s formulas offer a 1 to 4 rating, which is relatively low.
Raw Sugar Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
Promising sustainability while ensuring peak product quality is a hard commitment to keep. With that in mind, does Raw Sugar pass the vibe check? After doing a bit of digging online, it seems that this brand is worth checking out. I’ll kick off this portion of this Raw Sugar review by featuring some ratings for their bestselling products:
- The Moisture Smoothie Raw Sugar Shampoo: 109 reviews 4.7/5 stars
- The Moisture Smoothie Conditioner: 109 reviews with 4.7/5 stars
- The Raw Sugar Deodorant: 74 reviews with 4.2/5 stars
Hydrating, effective for irritated skin, and pleasurable in scent, Raw Sugar products seem to live up to the hype. Others commended the quality of their hair care formulas, as they did wonders in softening and smoothing dry tresses.
“Using this conditioner has helped my hair be smoother, stronger and overall much healthier. After years of damage due to heat, coloring and life in general this has brought my hair back to life,” one customer wrote for the Moisture Smoothie Conditioner.
“After just a few washes I noticed my hair coming back to life and is super soft! It leaves my hair feeling like it does right after I leave the salon,” one reviewer detailed for the Moisture Smoothie Shampoo.
I also found a couple of reviews on a few outside sources. To keep things easy to read, I’ll provide a point-form list as a quick way to summarize the ratings:
- Amazon for the Shampoo and Conditioner Set: 350 reviews with 4.4/5 stars
- Influenster for the Truly Unruly Shampoo: 106 reviews with 4.4/5 stars
- The brand’s Facebook page: 21 votes with 3.7/5 stars
The positivity for Raw Sugar continues as customers praise the effectiveness of the brand’s products. “It takes a very little amount to lather up. Your hair will feel squeaky clean, soft. Definitely buying this combo again,” one Amazon user shared for the Shampoo and Conditioner Set.
Thoughtfully formulated, it seems that this brand is a worthwhile try if you’re looking to switch skincare or haircare companies. That said, I did uncover some negative remarks worth including in this Raw Sugar review. I’ll be sure to go over any salient complaints in the following segment.
Is Raw Sugar Legit?
There’s a fair amount of customers who turned their noses up at Raw Sugar products. This is mostly due to the fragrance integrated into each formula, as they were either too strong or unpleasurable in scent. Others noted ineffective shampoos and conditioners. Aside from this, you can relax knowing that there aren’t a lot of negative reviews out there.
Is Raw Sugar Worth It?
Price-wise, there’s no risk involved with Raw Sugar. Their products are quite affordable, which is great for customers looking to switch over to sustainable alternatives. Additionally, most of their formulas offer a long line of benefits, ranging from moisturization to exfoliation.
If you’re in need of a ‘cosmetic break’ from nasty ingredients, I can confidently recommend this brand in this Raw Sugar review.
Who owns Raw Sugar?
Raw Sugar is owned by co-founders Donda Mullis and Ronnie Shugar.
How can I redeem my points?
To redeem points, you must be signed in to your Raw Sugar account. Afterwards, you can apply your rewards at checkout. It’s worth noting that you can find Raw Sugar discount codes now and then on the website!
What is Raw Sugar’s sourcing philosophy?
According to the brand’s website, Raw Sugar only utilizes clean and cruelty-free ingredients.
What is the Raw Sugar Initiative?
The Raw Sugar Initiative is a charity-based program. The brand partners with organizations such as Eco-Soap Bank and Water For People to ensure that clean formulas are accessible to all people.
What Is Raw Sugar Shipping Policy?
This wouldn’t be a complete Raw Sugar review without going over the brand’s shipping policy. I can happily report that they provide free delivery on orders over $45 or more. Anything below this amount will incur a $10 fee. In terms of wait times, it typically takes 3 to 10 business days for packages to arrive.
To help keep tabs on your purchase, the company will issue a tracking number alongside a confirmation email.
What Is Raw Sugar Returns’ Policy?
Looking to return your Raw Sugar lip scrub or Raw Sugar body wash? If so, the brand offers a 30-day window for customers to send back their unused products. Buyers should know that same-item orders placed in the future are not eligible for returns.
To initiate this process, you must contact the company for further instructions.
How to Contact Raw Sugar
For inquiries unrelated to this Raw Sugar review, you can contact the brand through:
- Email address: [email protected]
- Filling out the contact form online
Next, check out similar reviews you might like:
Ask the community or leave a comment