About Sigma Beauty
Sigma Beauty sells cosmetics, brushes, and care tools. The vegan brand aims to make high-quality makeup essentials more affordable for everyone.
Sigma has been featured by notable media sources such as Forbes, Allure, and Cosmopolitan. Their Instagram account has a huge following of over 4M.
Celebrity makeup artists such as Kelsey Deenihan and Lisa Elridge—who’ve worked with Selena Gomez, Dua Lipa, and Rosie Huntington Whitley—are also huge fans of the brand.
This Sigma Beauty review will take an in-depth look at the brand and its bestsellers, focusing on customer ratings, promotions, and more, to help you decide if their products are worth the buy.
Overview of Sigma Beauty
Sigma Beauty was founded in 2009 by Dr. Simone Xavier and Rene Xavier Filho, who worked as a molecular bacteriologist and civil engineer. The couple started this brand with one brush that gained instant fame with its quality, function and innovation.
Always developing different ways to enhance the typical makeup routine, Sigma has expressed the following mission statement:
“Our drive to better your beauty routine sets the foundation for every Sigma Beauty creation. We’re looking to you and your everyday for inspiration…Every innovative beauty tool, texture, formula and cosmetic color makes your life easier, more fun and uniquely-beautiful.”
Sigma Beauty has made valuable contributions to the industry with their brush drying and cleaning mechanisms, and through hosting one of the first ever influencer collaborations. Today, over 90% of the brand’s team is composed of women.
With headquarters in Minnesota, the company’s products are designed in the US but manufactured in China. So, now that you know a little more about the brand, this Sigma Beauty review will go over some pros and cons:
- Luxury makeup sets, brushes, and care products
- Affordable price points
- Innovative synthetic brush fibres developed in-house
- Customers love the versatility of their palettes
- 2-year warranty on brushes
- Cruelty-free, vegan, clean products
- No sulfates, parabens, or phthalates in cleansers
- Afterpay available on orders over $35
- Ships internationally
- Not made in the US
Sigma sells long-lasting makeup, brushes, and brush care items. This includes cosmetics such as lipsticks, eyeshadows, eyeliner, as well as tools for contouring, blending, and much more.
This Sigma Beauty review will feature their best-selling eyeshadow palettes, brush sets, and high-performing brush cleaner.
Sigma Beauty Review
Sigma Beauty Untamed Eyeshadow Palette Review
For those of us who like playing around with various looks, it gets tedious having to rummage through six different palettes all the time. What if you want to look fierce and artsy on Friday night, but subdued and professional when Monday morning rolls around?
The Untamed Eyeshadow Palette does it all. It offers 14 cool-toned metallics, shimmers, and mattes, in both neutral and bold colors. There are creamy transition shades such as ‘Loyal’ and ‘Feral’, as well as edgier options such as the electric blue ‘Dauntless’ or ‘Rebel’ red.
This Sigma Beauty Untamed Eyeshadow Palette costs $49. It comes with a dual-ended brush and a mirror so you can touch up your look anywhere, anytime.
Sigma Beauty Warm Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette Review
This next one is for the beauties with deeper skin tones. Sigma’s Warm Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette is a dreamy curation of rich, velvety options such as ‘Toasty’, ‘Henna’, ‘Rogue’, and more. Even if your desired look uses blues and greens, these transition colors can help add some depth.
There are 14 buildable shades in total, so you can create both a soft, natural look or something fit for a red-carpet appearance. They come in highly-pigmented finishes of matte, shimmer, frost, glitter, and metallic. And of course, the palette comes with a dual-ended brush and mirror.
The Warm Neutral Eyeshadow Palette rings in at $49. These shadows offer little fallout, so you might even get away with finishing your makeup after putting on that white dress.
Sigma Beauty Brushes Review
Sigma Beauty Studio Brush Set Review
The beauty community has endless tips for beginners when it comes to applying face makeup. Sometimes, we get so overwhelmed with deciding whether to use a sponge, brush, or fingers to apply products that we end up using the same two tools for everything.
Save yourself the mess and headache—it’s always better to use the right tools for the job. Sigma streamlines the process by breaking the process down into four parts:
- F85 Airbrush Kabuki Brush: seamlessly apply and blend out liquid or cream foundation
- F67 Skin Perfector Brush F29: blend concealer under your eyes and on any blemishes
- HD Bronze Brush: apply powder blush onto the apples of your cheeks, or bronzer around your cheekbones
- F36 Tapered Cheek: set your makeup with some powder for a flawless finish
This 4-piece Studio Brush Set comes to only $85 (for a retail value of $107). Make sure you’re regularly cleaning your tools! This Sigma Beauty review will provide more details on the brand’s cleanser at the end.
Sigma Beauty Basic Eye Brush Set Review
If you are looking for something to apply your eyeshadows with, look no further than this next Sigma brush set. It also makes the perfect gift for anyone who’s just stepping into the world of makeup.
The Basic Eye Brush Set has every brush you need to apply eyeliner, eyeshadow, and brow products. Each tool has its own purpose!
This set of Sigma Beauty professional makeup brushes includes:
- E40 Tapered Blending Brush: blends harsh lines
- E55 Eye Shading Brush: evens out shadow application
- E60 Large Shader Brush: great for applying all-over lid color
- E70 Medium Angled Shading: makes brow bone application easier
- E30 Pencil Brush: softens eyeliner
- E65 Small Angle Brush: ideal for filling in eyebrows or creating precise lines
- E05 Eye Liner Brush: helps define your eye shape when using liners
The Basic Eye Brush Set retails for $77 (value of $111).
Sigma Beauty Essential Brush Set Review
The Essential Brush Set features 12 brushes that are perfect for the face and eyes. They’re made from synthetic SigmaTech fibres that are gentle and soft against your skin. Specifically designed to absorb as little product as possible, these brushes give you a streak-free finish.
This Sigma Beauty makeup brush set comes with a 2-year warranty and includes all of the following tools:
- F30 Large Powder Brush: evenly distributes setting powders
- E40 Tapered Blending Brush: blends away harsh lines
- F50 Duo Fiber Brush: creates an airbrush effect with any powders or lightweight foundation
- F40 Large Angled Contour Brush: gives you a soft, natural contour
- E55 Eye Shading Brush: blends eyeshadows
- E60 Large Shader Brush: makes for easy lid application
- F70 Concealer Brush: assists with precise concealing of blemishes and under-eye circles
- E70 Medium Angled Shading Brush: helps highlight areas such as under your brow bone or the cupid’s bow
- E30 Pencil Brush: softens liners and shadows across the lash line
- F60 Foundation Brush: great for liquid or cream foundation application
- E65 Small Angle Brush: creates precise lines
- E05 Eye Liner Brush: defines your eye shape (pairs well with Sigma eyeliners!)
Sigma Beauty’s Essential Brush Set retails for $160 (for a value of $228).
Sigma Beauty Liquid Brush Cleanser Review
When was the last time you cleaned your Sigma Beauty brushes? If it’s been more than two weeks already, pull out the Liquid Brush Cleanser. It’s composed of simple ingredients such as coconut oil, palm oil, and potassium hydroxide to avoid causing any irritation on your hands.
Shake the bottle before applying 1–3 pumps of the cleanser onto the fibres of your brush. Then, swirl them around in your palm and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
The 100 ml Liquid Brush Cleanser costs $12. According to the brand, it has a subtle but clean smell.
Sigma Beauty Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
Wondering how customers really feel about the brand? This Sigma Beauty review took a look at online ratings and comments so you don’t have to. Keep reading as we reveal honest feedback from their website, Influenster, and Sitejabber below.
Reviews on Sigma’s website were extremely positive, with no rating under 4.5/5 stars on their best-selling products. Customers are saying, “They are definitely essential brushes.”
The popular brushes win compliments for their quality and ability to get the job done easier. As one buyer writes, “application is flawless.” When using these handy tools, their desired makeup look is achieved faster and looks better.
Sigma Beauty reviews on Influenster have a total of 965 reviews and a rating of 4.7/5 stars. Customers love the brushes and love the fact that they come with a 2-year warranty.
A satisfied user shares, “This company is well worth the investment! The two year warranty and the products in general far exceed my expectations!”
When it comes to their makeup products, buyers find that they’re long-lasting and help them create professional looks. One buyer exclaims, “They are durable and last forever!” while another writes, “The shopping experience is easy, delightful and enticing! You can always find good deals on the Sigma website with quality products!”
Is Sigma Beauty Worth It?
This Sigma Beauty review has determined that the brand is worth purchasing from. The brushes are high-performing, come with a 2-year warranty, and allow for a seamless end result—who wouldn’t love them? Customers are also loving the versatility and quality of the eyeshadow palettes.
While the online shopping experience appears to be smooth sailing, some buyers did mention difficulties with shipping. We encourage you to make any purchases well ahead of time, and get in touch with their team with any issues. For the most part, Sigma Beauty received glowing testimonials from customers.
Sigma Beauty Promotions & Discounts
This Sigma Beauty review found a few different ways to help shoppers save some money:
- Spin to win for a chance to save up to 40%
- Receive a Sigma Beauty promotional code for 25% off by signing up for texts
- Join the Beauty Squad for 20% off on qualifying orders
- Enjoy a 10% off student discount
- Claim a complimentary gift on orders over $50
Where to Buy Sigma Beauty
Sigma makeup brushes are sold worldwide. You can find them at sigmabeauty.com, or use the ‘Find a Retailer’ tab on their website. They are available at places such as Sephora, Amazon, Urban Outfitters, and more.
Where is Sigma Beauty made?
Sigma Beauty’s products are manufactured in China. Quality assurance is then conducted in the US.
Are Sigma brushes vegan?
Yes, Sigma brushes are vegan! They also sell a variety of makeup items that are constructed without animal products.
Are Sigma brushes synthetic?
Sigma brushes are made from exclusive synthetic fibres, named SigmaTech® and Sigmax® . They are also hypoallergenic and antimicrobial.
Are Sigma brushes soft?
Yes, Sigma brushes are very soft due to their fine fibres and ability to soak up less product. The brand writes, “Our exclusive filament developed with thermoplastic engineered polymer features very thin fibers. These fibers are uniquely designed to better hold, apply and blend a variety of makeup and skincare formulas.”
How long do Sigma brushes last?
This Sigma Beauty review found that their brushes come with a 2-year warranty. If cared for properly these brushes will last longer than 2 years.
How long does Sigma take to ship?
Sigma Beauty ships internationally. Delivery is free in the US on orders over $50. International orders must be over $150 to qualify for free shipping.
US delivery rates and times:
- FedEx Standard Overnight Delivery: 1–2 business days, $35
- FedEx 2Day Delivery: 3–6 business days, $25
- FedEx SmartPost Delivery: 11–24 business days, $8
- Free US Shipping: 11–24 business days
International delivery rates and times:
- FedEx International Economy: 8–18 business days, $50
- International Non-Trackable: 17–41 business days, $12 on orders under $20 and $20 on orders from $20–$150
- Free International Non-Trackable: 17–41 business days
What is Sigma Beauty’s Return Policy?
Sigma Beauty allows returns to be made if you are unhappy with your products. We’ve listed some specifications below:
- Refunds will be eligible for items sent back within 59 days of delivery (the 3DHD Blender is an exception and can only be returned within 14 days)
- Returns received between 60–90 days can only qualify for store credit or exchange
- Shipping and return costs aren’t refundable
To make a return, submit an RMA on Sigma Beauty’s website and you will receive a confirmation email with instructions once it is accepted.
How to Contact Sigma Beauty
Still have questions after reading this Sigma Beauty review? You can sign up for your Personal Concierge via email, or contact the brand in any of the following ways:
- Live chat on their website
- Phone: 1(800)941-6991
- Email: [email protected]
Explore your options for more skincare and beauty products with these popular brands: