Moon Pod Review
In Partnership with Moon Pod.
Table of Contents
About Moon Pod Bean Bag
Like pretty much everyone else in the world, I’ve always been in search of comfort. Keywords here? “In search of,” as in, comfort isn’t always a given—even with things that are supposed to be, like mattresses, couches, and the almighty bean bag.
So naturally, my search led me to Moon Pod, a zero-gravity chair that offers ergonomic support. Using high-density beads, sitting in one results in feeling weightless and total relief for aching joints. Something else that caught my eye: the cover is washable and super durable, meaning kids and pets are free to find comfort too.
According to a study on floatation therapy for mental health conditions, this alternative therapy may provide potential benefits in reducing anxiety and improving many of the symptoms associated with anxiety, including muscle tension, blood pressure, difficulties in emotion regulation, sleep difficulties, and depression, in individuals with anxiety disorders.
This is where Moon Pod comes in. With its unique design and high-density beads, Moon Pod offers a similar experience to floatation therapy with restricted environmental stimulation, providing a weightless and supportive seating experience that can help reduce anxiety.
In a quick search, I spotted the brand in pretty much every notable media outlet there is, including CNN, Good Housekeeping, Forbes, and USA Today. Flipping over to Moon Pod’s Instagram page, they’ve already reached 80k followers, and on Facebook, 16k.
If you’re wondering how it all began, Moon Pod officially launched in 2018, thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign that helped them meet over 500% of their funding target.
The brainchild of John Fiorentino, you’ve probably already heard of his incredibly successful Gravity Blanket, a weighted blanket that encourages relaxation and peace, that took the world by storm just a few years ago.
Much like this blanket, Fiorentino developed the Moon Pod to encourage optimal relaxation and improve overall wellness. Its ergonomic design can help improve circulation and relieve back and neck pain.
The bead-packed pod also provides just enough support so that you can sit, recline, or lie down. Today, the company offers several accessories to totally customize lounging.
Something I love about the brand: Moon Pod uses a sustainable manufacturing process and any leftover materials are reused in future projects.
Their covers are made in Asia, but the Moon Pod headquarters are located in the Greater New York Area, where they fill and ship their products from.
So what’s in store for this Moon Pod review? I’ll give you a close look at the company and its best-selling products before diving into reviews, promotions, and more to help you decide it it’s worth all the buzz.
Moon Pod Pros and Cons
Before making a purchase decision, it’s important to consider the potential pros and cons of the Moon Pod bean bag to determine if it’s the right fit for your needs and preferences
- Provides excellent support and comfort for the back and neck
- Unique Lunar Lift technology helps distribute weight evenly and prevent sinking
- Crescent shape helps maintain structure and provide additional support
- Spandex blend cover is soft, durable, and easy to clean
- Lightweight and portable, making it easy to move around
- Available in a variety of colors to match your personal style and home decor
- Optional Sleeve and Outdoor covers provide additional protection and convenience
- Beads may shift around and require occasional readjustment
- Relatively expensive compared to traditional bean bags
- May be too small for larger individuals
- May not be suitable for those with mobility issues or difficulty getting up from low seating positions.
Certainly! Here are the materials used in Moon Pod:
- High-density EPS beads: These are the small beads that fill the Moon Pod and provide the ultimate comfort and support.
- Spandex blend cover: The cover is made of a soft and stretchy spandex blend fabric that is both durable and comfortable.
- Lunar Lift layer: This layer is made of a supportive foam material that helps to distribute weight evenly and prevent sinking.
- Crescent layer: The Crescent is made of a firmer foam material that provides additional support and helps to maintain the Moon Pod’s shape.
- Sleeve cover: The optional Sleeve cover is made of a soft and breathable fabric that protects the Moon Pod and adds a stylish touch.
- Outdoor cover: The optional Outdoor cover is made of a durable and weather-resistant material that protects the Moon Pod from the elements.
- Lunar Lift Bean Bag: This version of the Moon Pod includes a built-in Lunar Lift layer for added support and comfort.
- Crescent Moon Pod: This version of the Moon Pod includes a built-in Crescent layer for additional support and shape retention.
Understanding the unique features of the Moon Pod bean bag can help you determine if it’s the right seating solution for your home or office, and can provide insight into the benefits and advantages it offers over traditional bean bags. Here are some of the features of Moon Pod:
- Lunar Lift technology: This unique feature provides additional support and helps to distribute weight evenly, preventing sinking and discomfort.
- Crescent shape: The Moon Pod’s crescent shape helps to maintain its structure and provides additional support for your back and neck.
- Spandex blend cover: The cover is made of a soft and stretchy spandex blend fabric that is both durable and comfortable.
- High-density EPS beads: These small beads fill the Moon Pod and provide the ultimate comfort and support.
- Optional Sleeve cover: The Sleeve cover is a stylish and protective cover that adds a convenient handle for easy transport.
- Optional Outdoor cover: The Outdoor cover is a durable and weather-resistant cover that protects the Moon Pod from the elements.
- Lightweight and portable: The Moon Pod is easy to move around and can be used in a variety of settings, from the living room to the backyard.
- Easy to clean: The cover is removable and machine-washable, making it easy to keep your Moon Pod looking and feeling fresh.
- Multiple colors: The Moon Pod is available in a variety of colors to match your personal style and home decor.
- Satisfaction guarantee: Moon Pod offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free.
5 Bestselling Moon Pod Products
Moon Pod Chair
With the stresses of today’s world, finding the right way to relax has been tough for me, but it’s extremely important. My home doesn’t have the space for a dedicated lounge area, nor do I have the budget for a big comfy couch.
That’s where the Moon Pod comes in. It measures 56” x 24” by 24” at maximum, so it won’t take up a ton of precious space in small homes.
Despite its small size and striking resemblance, the Moon Pod was designed differently than traditional bean bag chairs. Filled with high-density beads (not beans), they’re specifically made to mimic flotation therapy.
They’re pretty special little beads too. Designed to cradle every body type, Moon Pods can hold upwards of 300lbs, and people up to 6’8” tall have said they’re still super comfortable.
What can do you with your Moon Pod? You have the option to sit, recline, or lie down, so it’s perfect for reading a book, watching TV, or a much-needed afternoon nap. With ergonomic support, the Moon Pod can also help alleviate the pain of back and neck issues—perfect for someone like me who sits at a desk all day.
There are currently five different colors to choose from, including classic black and adorable baby pink. Weighing in at 12lbs, the Moon Pod is $300 (from $400).
Moon Pod Crescent
While the Moon Pod is the king of ultimate relaxation, laying down isn’t always an option. I love the Crescent for watching TV, playing video games, or doing some casual weekend work, all of which all become surprisingly more enjoyable when my neck is properly supported.
The Crescent was made to perfectly cradle anybody while lounging on the Moon Pod. It can also be used on the couch, in your bed, or anywhere else that a little extra support is needed.
It’s made from the same high-density beads that your Moon Pod is, so you’ll feel that same zero-gravity comfort and you can get it in one of five different colors. Choose one to match your Moon Pod, or switch it up for a contrasting color combination.
Give your poor neck a break and get Crescent for $130 (from $170).
Moon Pod Sleeve
The Moon Pod may very well be everyone’s new favorite seat, including your pet’s! Don’t stress about hair and dirt though, just get a replacement Sleeve.
Your Moon Pod will already come with a sleeve, but having an extra one on hand doesn’t hurt for those just-in-case moments. Had a spill? Messy paw prints? Don’t worry, every cover is machine washable. Score.
As for colors, you’ll have some choices here. While the vibrant Neptune Blue might look great, perhaps Cosmic Ash will better suit your zen-themed living room. Having an additional sleeve on hand means switching up the Moon Pod’s vibe whenever you want.
The Moon Pod Sleeve comes in the same five colors as your Moon Pod and is $74 (from $89).
Perhaps the best tip you’ll read in this Moon Pod review: Add on 3 or 5-year coverage to protect your cover from damage.
Moon Pod Outdoor Cover
One the reasons I’m obsessed with the Moon Pod is because it’s super light. Weighing just 12 pounds, it’s easy to transport from room to room or even outside.
Since the Moon Pod’s original cover won’t stand up to the elements and you don’t want to get it dirty, get the Outdoor Cover for all of your adventures.
It’s water-resistant and wipes clean, so you can soak up the sun next to the pool and relax easy knowing your Moon Pod is protected.
Wherever you like to kick back, the Outdoor Cover has got you—and your Moon Pod—covered for $100 (from $150).
Moon Pod Lunar Lift Bean Bag
For me, total relaxation just isn’t possible without putting my feet up. Elevating the lower half of your body is good for you too, helping to improve circulation and promote healthy blood flow. So how does Lunar Lift help?
It’s essentially a mini Moon Pod made with the same high-density beads and easy to clean cover. Since it’s also the same height as your Moon Pod, it allows for that improved circulation I mentioned earlier and the body healing it brings.
Lunar Lift is 20 inches across so it won’t take up too much space. Sit back and feel great with this space-age footrest for $130 (from $200).
Where are Moon Pods made?
I’ve learned that while it’s always a plus when a brand manufactures in its home country, and in our case, the USA, sometimes the best work is done abroad.
While the brand tests and manufactures the outer and inner shells in Asia, I was happy to read that the Moon Pod’s filling and assembly is done in the USA.
Is a Moon Pod good for your back?
The MoonPod is designed to support every vertebra in your back and neck. Sounds like major yes to me. According to the many customer testimonials I combed through, I found that the product does indeed give them a “weightless” feel.
With that said, certain MoonPods are more supportive than others. For example, if you choose the Anti-Anxiety Float Chair, it’s “uniquely engineered to support any body shape for maximum comfort and relaxation.”
Plus, this option allows you to recline, sit, or lay down based on what you need to relax your back.
What are Moon Pods filled with?
According to the brand’s website, each MoonPod “is filled with custom-made high-friction beads that are encased by supportive shells. The outer shell is a unique blend of materials that holds Moon Pod’s shape, and works to actively morph to your body.”
I love that the brand takes sustainability serious too, using recycled materials in all of its products.
Who is Moon Pod for?
If you’re looking to get a comfortable, supportive, and long-lasting lounger for your home, I think you’re going to love the Moon Pod. Quick note though: Since it’s technically a low chair, this product shouldn’t be used by those that find it difficult to lower themselves to the ground.
Great for anyone that suffer from stiffness, back issues, and neck pain, the support offered by the MoonPod means that working from home, reading, or relaxing will now be much more comfortable.
- Lovesac: Lovesac is a popular alternative to Moon Pod that offers unique features and customization options. Their Sacs are filled with premium shredded Durafoam, which provides a comfortable and supportive seating experience. Lovesac also offers a variety of covers, including machine-washable options and premium materials like velvet and leather. Customers can also customize their Sacs with different sizes, shapes, and configurations to fit their specific needs and preferences.
- Yogibo: Yogibo is a comfortable and versatile bean bag alternative that offers a wide range of products. Their signature product, the Yogibo Max, is filled with microbeads that conform to your body for a supportive and comfortable seating experience. Yogibo also offers a variety of other products, including pillows, blankets, and loungers, all designed to provide maximum comfort and relaxation. Their products are available in a variety of colors and patterns to match your personal style.
- Chill Sack: Chill Sack is a budget-friendly alternative to Moon Pod that offers a variety of sizes and colors. Their bean bags are filled with shredded memory foam that provides a comfortable and supportive seating experience. Chill Sack offers a variety of sizes, from small to extra-large, to fit any space or seating need. Their products are also available in a variety of colors and patterns to match your personal style.
Comparison: Moon Pod vs. Lovesac
My research tells me that MoonPod is one of the best “bean bag” chairs on the market. Even so, there are a few other brands out there that rival its comfort. A big one is Lovesac and its luxury lounge chairs.
The key differences? MoonPod offers 2 bean bag chairs and a ton of accessories filled with recycled high-density foam. Lovesac makes 6 different sizes of chairs filled with Durafoam, an unsustainable material.
Lovesac’s chairs aren’t ergonomically designer either, so they won’t offer the same support for your neck and back. Something else I noticed: Some of this brand’s chairs take up your entire living room. Which, don’t get me wrong, sounds like fun, but I simply don’t have the space.
Now for the real point of contension, Lovesac’s bean bags come for $600-$1550, whereas MoonPods are an average of $300-$500 and are small enough to fit in most spaces.
Though both brands come with machine-washable covers, we believe that MoonPod is best for the price point, effects, materials, and convenience.
Moon Pod Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
For this part of my Moon Pod review, I took to the internet to find helpful customer reviews. Ahead, you’ll find reviews sourced from the brand’s website, Mattress Clarity, and Reddit that provide insight on the company and its bestsellers.
On moodpod.co, I noted the thousands of positive reviews, many of which mentioned how comfortable its products are and how much they help relieve neck and back pain. Here’s a look at how it bestsellers score.
- Moon Pod: over 1.4k ratings and an average of 4.9/5 stars
- Super Moon Pod: 70 ratings and an average of 4.9/5 stars
- Crescent: 674 ratings and an average of 4.9/5 stars
- Lunar Lift: 257 ratings and an average of 4.9/5 stars
- Outdoor Cover: 43 ratings and an average of 4.8/5 stars
One skeptical customer was unsure about the price but now loves how the Moon Pod helps her relax:
“Before purchasing, I was very [weary] about the product due to the price, but at the end of the day, I’m so happy that I decided to purchase the moon pod. It is very very comfortable and is just a great product overall.”
Additionally, users love Crescent’s moldability, comfort, and the pain relief it brings. Many reviewers use for more than just lounging too: “I’ve replaced my pillows with the crescent to sleep with. Super comfortable and easier on my neck.”
I didn’t find many negative reviews about this product, and even with ratings that are less than 5 stars, customers still seem to enjoy the pillow. One reads:
“The downside to the product is that it’s not as firm as I would like it to be. I would love it if it was more full in the arms as it is in the back.”
A Moon Pod review by Marten Carlson on Mattress Clarity covers the product’s pros and cons. Carlson describes how the Moon Pod felt:
“Lying back on the Moon Pod, the chair does conform to the shape of my body and, even though I weigh 250 lbs, I don’t drop right through to the floor. The fill seems to mass together to support me… I did feel pretty weightless while using the Moon Pod.”
Carlson revealed that the Moon Pod does have some drawbacks, mainly arguing that it is difficult to get out of:
“Getting out of the Moon Pod is no easy task, and people who significantly trouble to move around might need help. Even those without mobility issues could find it difficult to push themselves out of the Moon Pod.”
The more I dug, the more I found that Moon Pod Reddit reviews are a mixed bag. While some Reddit users like the idea of the pod and report it helping them to have a better rest, some discredit the company altogether.
One happy Moon Pod user said, “the bean bag cradled my neck, shoulder, and arm in a way that was optimum for side sleeping.”
Other Reddit users, who are long-time “floaters,” have an issue with the way the Moon Pod is marketed. These users feel the weightless claims are disingenuous:
“Nope, the whole idea of floating is to lose the sensation that you are in the water or have pressure on your body essentially losing your sense of physical self. This is not that.”
While I take negative Moon Pod reviews seriously, it is important to note that many users reported that the pod did did indeed provide a weightless experience. For a little clarity, the brand states that the Moon Pod “mimics the sensations of Flotation Therapy,” not replicates it.
So what’s the sum-up? The Moon Pod is awesome for lounging and back pain. If you have mobility issues though, getting in and out of the pod might be too challenging, especially if you live alone.
Is Moon Pod Worth It?
Are Moon Pods worth it? I can say without a doubt that customers love this comfortable lounger. Many report that it relieves pain and provides comfort in a way that other chairs can’t.
Personally, it’s the perfect fit for a small apartment like mine. Portable, compact, and comfortable, it’s also more affordable than other options out there. Plus, MoonPod often offers sales and has Afterpay payment plans.
Wondering is the Moon Pod legit? I’ve found that it really does deliver on its promises. Though some hardcore “floaters” disagree, I’ve found that it does a great job at providing a zero-gravity feel, supporting users instead of letting them sink.
But whether or not you like to get caught up in the terminology, there’s one thing I can’t deny at this stage of my Moon Pod review: the brand’s high-density pods are super comfortable. And that’s exactly what I came here looking for.
Moon Pod Promotions & Discounts
My other job? Professional deal hunter. I found that Moon Pod has a 25% off sale going on right now. No need to remember a Moon Pod discount code though, it’s automatically applied at checkout. Here’s what else I found:
- Give $25 and give $25 for every customer you refer that spends $99 or more
- Free shipping
Where to Buy Moon Pod
Ready to enter nirvana? You can get your new zero-gravity pod directly from MoonPod.co. Though I searched for one, there is no Moon Pod Amazon page.
What is a Moon Pod Chair?
A Moon Pod is an ergonomically supportive chair. It’s sort of like a beanbag chair, except it’s also nothing like a beanbag chair. It has a soft, easy-to-clean cover. The beans inside are created to cradle your body comfortably.
What are Moon Pods filled with?
According to their website, Moon Pods are filled with a “high-density bead.” These beads conform to your body and provide a weightless, zero-gravity feeling—almost like floating.
How do you clean a Moon Pod?
Your Moon Pod comes with a cover. All you need to do is unzip the cover from the Moon Pod base and throw it in your washing machine. Wash with cold water, and with similar colors. Tumble dry on low. That’s it!
How expensive is a Moon Pod?
The Moon Pod price is usually $400. However, right now they are on sale for $300. Deals.
How long do Moon Pods take to ship?
Due to the shape of the Moon Pod chair, the company only ships within the US. Your shipping options and prices depend on your location and will be listed at checkout due to occasional changes.
Moon Pod does ship to Alaska and Hawaii, but they only offer one shipping option which costs $125.
To check your Moon Pod order status, click ‘Track Your Order’ at the bottom of MoonPod.co and enter your order number. Alternatively, you can use the tracking number provided in your shipping confirmation email.
What is Moon Pod’s Return Policy?
If you need to return your Moon Pod order, you can do so within 14 days from its delivery date. Return requests after that period won’t be accepted.
To ensure your return is accepted, follow these steps:
- Start a return through the Return Portal
- Get an RMA number
- Follow the instructions given by Moon Pod after your return is accepted
- Package your return securely
- Pay return shipping costs & a restocking fee
Just want to make an exchange? Email [email protected] with your order details.
How to Contact Moon Pod
If you have questions after reading this Moon Pod review, you can get in contact with the brand by emailing [email protected].
Limitless opportunities are available to make your home your own. Here are a few other brands to consider when looking for home furnishings:
Ask the community or leave a commentAsk a Question
On other bean bag chairs reviews mention an offensive odor. Is this a problem with your product
How long is the warranty.
Love it, just difficult placing the Moon Pod in the cover. Definitely need two people. My new bed.