About New Republic
New Republic is a men’s footwear brand designed to take stylish shoes and make them comfortable, timeless and sustainable. The creators behind the brand had the intention to make luxury looking shoes, but at a reasonable price. New Republic offers boots, sneakers, dress shoes and accessories that are meant to be worn for any occasion, Sunday to Saturday. With their unique designs and high quality feel, New Republic wants you to feel confident every time you step out of the door.
This New Republic shoes review will give you a greater understanding about the brand and its products to make sure you’re making a well educated decision before purchasing.
Overview of New Republic
Designer Mark McNairy founded New Republic in 2016 in Los Angeles. He had already been involved in the fashion industry for more than 30 years, representing his quirky aesthetic and footwear and collaborating with many brands, including Adidas, Pharrell, Garrett Leight, Timberland, North Face, Bass and Keds. New Republic by Mark McNairy is the designers second footwear collection.
The name New Republic stems from the word Republic, a state in which supreme power is held by the public. McNairy wanted just that. He wanted any man to come and find classic shoes at an affordable price. New Republic products are made in high-grade footwear factories in China, and all styles are handcrafted using materials from established suppliers.
New Republic strives to make their products come from sustainably sourced materials and fabrics. What sets the brand apart from their competitors is the quality. They aim to take the best parts of high-end shoes and make the cost attainable.
The crafting of a New Republic shoe is an elaborate process:
- Each shoe is constructed on a last, which is a 3-D wooden or plastic mold, which can affect the overall fit of the shoe
- During the footwear making process, they use basic tools
- They use the process called grading, which is turning base and sample size patterns into additional sizes
In the process of writing this New Republic shoes review, I was interested to learn that they have an option to get your shoes personalized. However, the website says it depends on the creator and the product. So be sure to check out the details of each individual product page.
No New Republic shoes review would be complete without looking at both the good and the bad:
- Good prices: they pride themselves in offering prices that are cost effective
- High quality: each shoe uses the best materials so they can remain durable
- Long lasting: New Republic shoes are hand-crafted to stand the test of time
- Free shipping on domestic orders (US) over $125
- Shipping is available for 26 different countries
- New Republic can only be found online, which can make returns and buying difficult
- Shipping costs can be expensive, especially for international buyers
New Republic Drivers Review
The Barclay Suede Drivers are one of a kind, and New Republic’s only dress shoe. It comes in three different shades: Dirty Buck, Golden and Orange, each pair costing $75.
While writing this New Republic shoes review, the one that caught my eye the most was the Golden. You better hurry if you’re interested in these, though, because on the website it says they’re low in stock! What I like about this design is they take the staple dress shoe, but make it casual enough so you can wear it day-to-day while still looking fashionable. The Barclay Suede Driver features rubber pebble outsoles, hand stitching and classic penny loafer band details, collar binding, and a hand-sewn cowhide upper.
New Republic Chelsea Boots Review
For those who are picky about their boot choices, you won’t have to worry about deciding on which one to pick out since there is only one option as of now.
The Sonoma Suede Chelsea Boot is New Republic’s only boot up for grabs on their website. It comes in two different colours: Tan and Triple Black, priced at $128.
The Sonoma Suede Chelsea Boot is different compared to the typical leather Chelsea Boots offered across the Internet nowadays. Their craftsmanship also adds to their distinctiveness. New Republic looked at the world’s most sought after boots to ensure they had everything customers wanted. New Republic’s handcrafted Chelsea boots are guaranteed to last, and only get better with age.
The Sonoma features a 100% genuine suede upper, 100% genuine split leather lining, and a full-length natural crepe outsole. It should be noted in this New Republic review that the brand recommends that customers size down by half a size to make certain they’re the right fit.
New Republic Sneakers Review
Currently, New Republic only has one kind of sneaker available. The Kurt Leather Sneaker is offered in five different shades: White, Tan, Black, Gray and White/Transparent. The price of the shoe is $89. At first glance, they looked like a standard sneaker to me. But after reading some more about them I soon realized they’re actually quite special.
The Kurt Leather Sneaker was designed specifically to resemble Italian dress sneakers, while being more comfortable. The hand-stitched leather design means that there is no break in period, so they’re ready to take your feet where they need to go. Each shoe is carefully inspected by the team at New Republic to ensure the quality is top-notch before it leaves the manufacturer.
The Kurt is casual enough for everyday wear, but sophisticated enough for the office. These sneakers are designed for comfort, featuring a soft microsuede lining and sockliner, an insole made out of EVA foam and a molded rubber cupsole outsole.
New Republic Shoes Review: What Do Customers Think?
Now that we have got this far into the New Republic shoes review, I’m sure you’re wondering what verified, paying customers though of New Republic shoes. Let’s take a closer look to see what people had to say about their purchases:
The results are a mixed bag. However, the positives definitely out weighed the negatives. Of course everyone will have different opinions and experiences with a product, but here is the gist of what I saw online:
- Great customer service
- The price is right
- Good quality
- Delivery time was quick
- Extremely comfortable
- Product lasts for a long time
- The fit can be a little tight
- Sizing might be off
- Poor customer service
- The micro-suede lining breaks down easily and doesn’t provide any air flow resulting in stinky feet
Here is a review online that others found most useful: “I bought a pair of all white men’s sneakers from them and I’m really satisfied with the quality of their shoes and fit. The package comes with a shoe cleaner, a brush, but no white socks as promised. So, I emailed them about the matter and the lady named Lydia; made good of her promise by sending not one, but two pairs of socks at no extra cost. No one could beat that, not even the high end sneaker shoe sellers online, as far as customer service is concerned!”
New Republic Sizing
With the help of this New Republic shoes review, you can decide what size shoe will fit you best:
- New Republic shoes fit true to size, no matter the style
- They offer half sizes from 7 to 12 and whole sizes from 12 to 15
- If your size isn’t available, you can be notified when the item is restocked by providing your email on the products page
- For further help on picking your size, you can contact the customer service team Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm PST through the online chat or by emailing [email protected]
New Republic Discount Code
I went deal hunting for this New Republic shoes review. The following discount code is currently available for use on New Republic products:
- For free shipping, use code: WELCOME
Where to Buy New Republic
Unfortunately, you can only purchase New Republic shoes online. However, they are looking to expand based on significant public feedback.
Yes! You can purchase New Republic shoes straight from their website: shopnewrepublic.com.
For this New Republic shoes review, I did a quick search and found various products available on Amazon.
New Republic ships to 26 different countries. For all orders and shipments, speed and costs may vary depending on location and value of purchase orders. For your convenience, here’s a breakdown of the steps you can expect:
- For US shipping, New Republic offers: free shipping on orders over $125, 7-10 business day delivery from the shipping date, $8 USD shipping fee on orders under $125. Prices are subject to change if you reside in Alaska or Hawaii
- Fees for International order are determined at checkout
- Once your order is processed, you will receive an email with shipping details
- The risk of losing an item you ordered is passed to the customer upon delivery by the carrier
New Republic’s return policy is pretty standard. All requests, fees, and processes may vary depending on the location and value of requested orders. For your convenience, here’s a breakdown of the steps you can expect:
- They accept returns and exchanges up to 14 days after the item was received
- To initiate a return, you must either start up a chat or email them
- Any items marked Final Sale cannot be returned or exchanged
- All items being returned or exchanged must be unworn, in the original packaging with the dust bag
- Prepaid shipping labels are provided for domestic (US) orders
- International orders have two weeks to send back their returns
- It is up to the customer to ship the items back to them for a return
- Allow up to 5-10 business days for returns to be processed
Contact New Republic
For more information, inquiries, and services, the customer service team can be reached by submitting a request on their main website, a pop-up chat located in the bottom right corner or through email:
- Email: [email protected] – it states they will try to get back to you within 1-2 business days
- Contact form: filling out the form with your name, email, phone (optional) and a message will connect you with someone to chat to
- They are available through the chat from Monday to Friday from 9am-4am PST
New Republic also has a couple of social media websites where you may be able to contact them at:
It’s always better to have options. Explore some in-depth reviews on other luxury shoe brands: