Table of Contents
It’s a blessing to age, but the process isn’t always easy. As the years fly by, our faces change before (and under) our very eyes. We try to turn back time with expensive creams, chemical peels, more water, less meat…the whole lot. One survey found that 62% of Americans use anti-aging products daily.
But sometimes, our efforts just don’t work. And if they do, they sure are taking a long time to show and are using a lot of money we just don’t have. Plexaderm was created to help men and women combat the signs of aging in just 10 minutes.
Wrinkles and sagging result in part when the skin becomes less elastic, which happens naturally with age. Developed at the Sheer Science headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida, the product pulls your skin taut, decreasing wrinkles and puffiness.
The brand’s website is bursting with testimonials and heartfelt letters from users who are overjoyed that they finally found a solution to wrinkled and sagging skin.
Plexaderm offers a fast-acting anti-aging solution to reduce the look of wrinkles, puffiness, and sagging skin. The powerful product tightens skin for a smoother, more youthful appearance in 10 minutes.
While there are certainly no negative physical effects to wrinkly skin, its effects on psychological well-being are another story. Dissatisfaction with one’s skin can contribute to low self-esteem, poor self-perception, and thus lower quality of life. If this sounds like you, an anti-aging problem could do wonders for both your skin and mind.
This Plexaderm review will closely examine the skin-perfecting product, explaining how to use it, what effects it has, and if it really works. You’ll also read genuine customer reviews and information on promotions to help you decide if it’s worth your time and money. Let’s begin by looking at Plexaderm’s pros and cons.
Pros and Cons
Plexaderm is designed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and under-eye bags. Some potential pros and cons include:
- Instant results: Plexaderm claims to provide visible results in just a few minutes of application, which can be useful for special occasions.
- Non-invasive: Unlike cosmetic procedures like Botox or fillers, Plexaderm is a topical treatment that doesn’t require any needles or injections.
- Easy to use: The product comes in a convenient applicator, making it easy to apply and integrate into a daily skincare routine.
- Temporary effects: The effects of Plexaderm only last for a few hours, so it needs to be reapplied throughout the day to maintain results.
- May cause irritation: Some users have reported experiencing irritation, redness, or dryness after using Plexaderm. It’s important to patch test the product before applying it to the face.
- Expensive: Plexaderm is relatively expensive compared to other skincare products on the market.
Smoothing out the skin around your eyes is just one way to use this serum. Apply it to smile lines and forehead creases to rewind the clock.
Recent Studies About Skincare
Suppose you’ve landed on my Plexaderm review because you’re struggling with a skin issue. If you don’t already know some of the science behind skincare, it can’t hurt to check out what recent studies have to say.
- A 2022 study compared the efficacy and tolerability of a novel topical skin care regimen vs. standard of care in subjects with mild to moderate acne vulgaris. The results showed that the novel topical skin care regimen was more effective and well-tolerated than the standard of care.
- Acetyl hexapeptide 30 is a longer chain acetyl molecule that plays an essential role in anti-aging by encouraging the production of collagen.
- A 2019 study investigated the effects of propylene glycol on skin texture, tone, and radiance in women aged 35-65 years. The results showed that the use of the product for 8 weeks led to significant improvements in skin hydration, texture, and radiance, as well as a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The main active ingredient in Plexaderm is sodium silicate, which is designed to form a temporary tightening layer on the skin.
Other ingredients in Plexaderm include:
- Acetyl hexapeptide-8: a peptide that is thought to help relax the muscles around the eyes, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Hydrolyzed rice protein: a protein that can moisturize and nourish the skin.
- Propylene glycol: a common cosmetic ingredient that is used as a solvent and a humectant, helping to keep the skin hydrated.
Some of the benefits of Plexaderm are:
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines: The acetyl hexapeptide-8 in Plexaderm can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduces under-eye bags: Sodium silicate in Plexaderm can help tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of under-eye bags.
- Moisturizes the skin: Propylene glycol is a humectant that can help attract and retain moisture in the skin, keeping it hydrated.
- Non-invasive alternative to cosmetic procedures: Plexaderm offers a non-invasive and affordable option for those who want to reduce the signs of aging without undergoing cosmetic procedures.
How to Use
Here are the steps on how to use Plexaderm:
- Cleanse your face and pat dry.
- Take a small amount of Plexaderm and dot it under your eyes or on any areas you want to target.
- Gently smooth and blend the product over the area until it is absorbed.
- Keep your face expressionless for 10 minutes while the product dries and sets.
- Once the product is dry, you can apply makeup or other skincare products as desired.
It’s important to note that you should only use a small amount of Plexaderm, as a little goes a long way. Also, avoid using too much pressure when applying the product, as this can prevent it from properly absorbing into your skin.
3 Best-Selling Plexaderm Products
The key ingredient responsible for the dramatic results produced by Plexaderm is sodium silicate. Also known as “liquid glass,” this ingredient forms a thin film wherever it is applied to the skin. Together with magnesium sodium silicate, sodium silicate pulls the skin taut, resulting in a smooth, lifted look.
In this section of this Plexaderm review, I’ll go over the brand’s signature product and how much use you’ll get out of each bottle.
The brand only offers one product, so I’ll look at their various sizes, including the Trial, 1-Bottle, and 3-Bottle options. Let’s get started!
Plexaderm 6 Application Trial Review
If you’re skeptical about Plexaderm rapid reduction serum, then the trial size is a great place to start. It’s a no-risk option that lets you be the judge of if the product works before you commit to buying a full size.
One study found that a significant proportion of women question the effectiveness of anti-aging products, so this trial-size version of the product is a great way to test it out before committing.
The Plexaderm Trial Offer comes with 6 applications, more than enough to see what all the fuss is about. There are 6 individual portions of the serum, so how much you use depends on how large of an area you are applying it to.
This packet could be enough for 3-6 eye treatments, but if you are interested in using it on your entire face, this 6 Application Trial may just last for one use. See the results for yourself for only $15.
Plexaderm 1-Bottle Review
You’ve seen the results on TV and you’re ready to see your own in the mirror. Or, perhaps you’ve just finished your Trial Offer.
The 1-Bottle version should be enough for about 30 days, but keep in mind it may last for more or less time depending on how much of your face you are applying it to, or how severe the wrinkles around your eyes are.
With a recommended sale value of $120, you can get 1 bottle of Plexaderm serum for $60.
Plexaderm 3-Bottles Review
The great thing about Plexaderm is that you only need to use it when you want to. You won’t need to worry about missing a day in your treatment and how that might hold back your results in the long run.
Whenever you put on Plexaderm eye cream, it works. Results vary, of course, but the point is that it’s totally up to you as to how often or when you use it.
The 3-Bottles offer is huge, knocking the Plexaderm cost down to $40 per bottle. This is enough for about 3 months of everyday use. You may find that it lasts even longer when you choose not to use it on the weekends or skip a few days here and there
With an MSRP of $360, you can get 3-Bottles now for $120.
Who is Plexaderm For?
Plexaderm is for anyone who wants to reduce the appearance of wrinkles around their eyes, face, or neck. It can be used by any men and women daily that have deep lines, under-eye bags, or wrinkles around their eyes.
Suitable for those over 50 years of age, this product can be used by any adult who wants a smoother facial appearance.
Who Should Not Use Plexaderm?
If you have a known allergy or sensitivity to any of the ingredients in Plexaderm, it’s best to avoid using the product to prevent an adverse reaction. However, if you’ve read through the ingredients listed in this Plexaderm review and you know that none of them irritate you, then you’re in the clear.
What Do Experts Think?
There are a limited number of studies on Plexaderm specifically, but some studies have examined the efficacy of ingredients found in Plexaderm. For example:
- A study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found that acetyl hexapeptide-8 (one of the ingredients in Plexaderm) may have potential as a topical anti-aging treatment.
- Another study in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science reported that hydrolyzed rice protein (another ingredient in Plexaderm) can help improve the hydration and texture of skin.
The titular product of my Plexaderm review isn’t the only skincare out there. Here are three similar brands worth checking out:
- No BS Skincare: No BS uses plant-based ingredients like coconut oil, cucumber, rose hip, and caffeine in their various products that can reduce acne, undereye circles, and wrinkles.
- Sunday Riley Skincare: Sunday Riley is known for using a variety of natural ingredients, such as blue tansy, avocado oil, and chamomile, in addition to scientifically-proven actives like retinol and vitamin C. Sunday Riley products are also cruelty-free and free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
- Murad Skincare: Murad is the first doctor-founded clinical skincare company that uses hearty ingredients like hyaluronic acid, coconut extract, shea butter, and avocado oil.
Plexaderm Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
You may have seen Plexaderm on TV and were taken aback by the dramatic results that appeared right before your eyes. You may have also shooed away the thought that it could work for you the same way. TV magic, right?
The brand’s website has some pretty convincing testimonials, but sometimes checking reviews from outside sources yields more detailed and (possibly) more truthful feedback.
That’s why in this section of my Plexaderm review, I’ll show you what I found after a lengthy web search for honest customer reviews. I looked for in-depth analyses as well as complaints to provide a balanced view of the product.
The Plexaderm review page on review.io displays an average rating of 4.5/5 stars awarded by more than 1,700 buyers as of May 2023.
Most customers were overjoyed there, with one writing, “I absolutely love my plexiderm especially the new packaging!!! I’m almost out so I will be ordering in the next couple of weeks!!“
Next, I headed over to Trustpilot, where I found more than 200 reviews on Plexaderm’s page as of May 2023. Happy customers reveal the product truly works and that many of them have been using it for years.
One of many commenters gushed about the product: “You will look like you had a facelift and it lasts all day. So happy there is a product like this available for it will save lots of people from having surgery.”
This is such a crucial point because the results of Plexaderm look natural, unlike plastic surgery, which can look… anything but.
However, the overall Trustpilot rating was pretty alarming. After reading a few pages of negative reviews, I found that most were with regards to the bottle and pump not working.
Here’s how one customer summarized the issue in their Plexaderm review. “The product is great and really works. The only thing I do not like is the new packaging it comes in now. I liked the older packaging thought it is easier to use.”
The brand notes that it can take about 20 pumps or longer to prime the bottle, and if no product is coming out, try running it under warm water as it could be clumped together in the pump.
Plexaderm is covered under the name of True Earth Health Products on the Better Business Bureau. The parent brand has an A+ rating thanks to the 20 complaints that were all resolved within the last 3 years. Most of the complaints are about faulty packaging or wrongful charges. One or two say the product didn’t work, but those are few and far between.
For such a well-known brand, 20 issues on the BBB is pretty good. Of course, none would be better, but they’ve resolved all of them, so I at least know their customer service is good. Additionally, they hold an average score of 3/5 stars based on two customer reviews as of May 2023.
Many of the negative Plexaderm reviews come from customers who highlight that the product does not have long-term results – but that’s okay because it’s not supposed to. Plexaderm only claims to be a 10-hour skin tightening formula that can be enjoyed for the day, and judging by the positive reviews, they seem to deliver on this product.
Is Plexaderm Worth It?
The company isn’t exactly a skincare brand, but they do offer products other than the Plexaderm Rapid Reduction Cream Plus. The brand doesn’t hide the fact that their products are not long-lasting.
When looking at the product from a temporary makeup perspective, it’s absolutely amazing. I’ve seen the results in real life, but know the product can be finicky and it may be difficult to wear under certain types of makeup.
The only other concern I have about the product is its ingredients. Although the product has been deemed safe for cosmetic use, most, if not all, of the ingredients are synthetic and can potentially cause irritation. So, be sure to test patch the formula first before using it on your face.
Plexaderm side effects include dermatitis and redness. If you do use it and don’t like it, the brand has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
All in all, I recommend the brand for those looking for a temporary solution to counter the skin’s natural aging process.
Plexaderm Promotions & Discounts
Throughout this Plexaderm review, we kept an eye out for any deals the brand has up on their website. Here’s what we found:
- Free continental US shipping
- July 4th Special 50-67% off your order (Plexaderm coupon code is automatically applied at checkout)
Where to Buy Plexaderm
To get the best deals on your first order, I suggest buying directly from Plexaderm.com. The brand can also be found at Walmart, Amazon, and other pharmacies and retailers in your area.
Where is Plexaderm Made?
Plexaderm is made by Sheer Science, a cosmetic skin science company located in Farmingdale, New York.
Is Plexaderm vegan and cruelty-free?
The skin-tightening product is not tested on animals, and while I wasn’t able to find if the brand is completely vegan, the small Plexaderm ingredients list does not appear to have animal-derived ingredients. I’m not a scientist, so I can’t say for sure.
Is Plexaderm Safe to Use Daily?
Plexaderm is safe to use every day, but if you have a skin condition or extremely sensitive skin, be sure to do a test patch before applying to a larger area.
The brand has stated that using too much of the product on your skin in a single dose may not be healthy for your skin, so only use the smallest amount of product needed to see results.
Is Plexaderm a Moisturizer?
It is not a moisturizer per se, but it does attract and keep moisture in the skin. The product is more so like an adhesive that temporarily tightens your skin.
If you’ve ever done one, think of how a gel facial mask feels tight on your skin after it dries. Plexaderm works the same way as it gently pulls your skin with it to flatten out puffiness and lines.
How Often Should You Use Plexaderm?
How often you use it is completely up to you. As a temporary treatment, it does not give long-term results. You can use it every day or only when you feel like it.
Can You Wear Makeup Over Plexaderm?
Yes, you can, but wait 20 minutes before you apply makeup. Be sure the makeup has an oil-free formula to prevent the product from breaking down.
If you wear concealer, you can actually mix your dose of Plexaderm into your concealer and apply the same way you would normally. The same results will show.
What is Plexaderm’s Shipping Policy?
Plexaderm orders normally ship out in 1-2 days from when you place them online. The brand only ships to the US and Canada, and shipping rates vary by weight.
If you live outside of those locations, use any other contact methods at the bottom of this Plexaderm review to get in touch with customer service.
If you selected Standard Shipping at checkout, your order should arrive in 5-7 business days. If you choose Expedited, you should see it in 2-3 business days. Standard Shipping is free within the continental US.
What is Plexaderm’s Return Policy?
Plexaderm comes with a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee that states if you are not happy or do not see results from using the product for 30 days, you can get a full refund. This applies to your first month’s supply only.
For all other orders, if you wish to return a product, you can do so within 30 days as well, but the product needs to be unopened. To start the return process, call Plexaderm’s customer service department and let them know the following details:
- Order Confirmation
- Reason for Request
Be sure to include these within your return package as well, addressed to:
Attn: Returns Department
PO Box 61553
Savannah, GA 31420
The brand urges customers to ship via USPS with insurance, just in case.
How to Contact Plexaderm
If you need any other information that wasn’t included in this Plexaderm review, you can use the 2 contact methods below to get in touch with the brand:
- Phone: 800-681-0366
- Email: [email protected]
Looking for more ways to keep your skin smooth and glowing? Check out these options below: