Sunwarrior Protein Review
Table of Contents
Sunwarrior is a vegan nutrition brand that offers a range of superfood and protein-packed supplements. Its formulas are highly bioavailable and smartly designed, using raw and functional ingredients.
When you think of nutrition, fruits and veggies are probably the first things that come to mind. The second thing that probably comes to mind is that you’re not getting enough of them, and you’re not alone.
According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, 9 in 10 American adults don’t get enough! Luckily, nutrition supplements like those offered by Sunwarrior Protein exist.
In this Sunwarrior protein review, I’ll fill you in on the brand and its best-selling products, reveal customer feedback, provide information on promotions, and more to help you decide if it’s the right choice for your lifestyle.
Why You Should Trust Us
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions. Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
Pros and Cons
Before I get into exactly what’s inside the brand’s supplements and what they can do for your health, let me give you a rundown of the pros and cons:
- Plant-Based: Sunwarrior protein products are made from plant-based sources, which can be appealing to vegans, vegetarians, and those looking to reduce their animal product consumption.
- Allergen-Friendly: Many Sunwarrior products are free from common allergens like dairy, soy, and gluten, making them suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions or allergies.
- Complete Protein: Some Sunwarrior products are formulated to provide a complete amino acid profile, which is important for muscle recovery and overall health.
- Easy Digestion: Plant-based protein sources can be easier for some individuals to digest compared to whey or other animal-based proteins.
- Variety: Sunwarrior offers a variety of protein products, including powders, bars, and supplements, allowing consumers to choose based on their preferences.
- Taste and Texture: Some individuals might find the taste and texture of plant-based protein products less appealing than traditional whey protein. However, taste preferences can be subjective.
- Price: Plant-based protein products can sometimes be more expensive than conventional protein sources like whey.
- Incomplete Amino Acid Profile (for some products): While Sunwarrior does offer some products with complete amino acid profiles, not all of their products may provide a complete range of amino acids. This could potentially impact muscle recovery and growth.
- Digestive Sensitivity: While plant-based proteins are generally easier to digest for many people, some individuals may still experience digestive sensitivities or bloating from certain plant-based protein sources.
- Availability: Depending on your location, Sunwarrior products might not be as readily available as other protein options.
While these can give you a good sense of the advantages and drawbacks of Sunwarrior, it’s important to keep in mind that product formulations and customer opinions can change over time, so it’s a good idea to check for the latest reviews and information before making a decision.
6 Sunwarrior Bestsellers
We’re all made differently. While you may need hair, skin, and nail support, another may be looking to add on a couple of lbs of muscle. Sunwarrior’s product lineup has a heavy emphasis on protein, but it also makes sure to include supplements to enhance brain function, improve digestion, lose weight, and more.
Ahead in this Sunwarrior protein review, I’ll showcase the brand’s bestsellers, so let’s just jump right in.
Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Organic
Perhaps the brand’s most popular product, the Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Organic Protein blends 24 grams of protein, 6 grams of BCAAs, and MCT to bring about bigger gains in the gym, better recovery, and improved cognition. Thanks to ingredients like goji berry and hemp seed, this protein powder is powerful in nutrition. Let’s break down the ingredients:
- BCAAs: short for branched-chain amino acids, this ingredient has been shown to promote muscle growth and reduce muscle damage caused by exercise. The BCAAs in this product come from yellow peas. Say hello to a faster recovery and bigger gains!
- MCT (medium chain triglycerides): supplementation with this ingredient can support your brain health. One study showed that people with mild cognitive impairment who took MCTs experienced better memory.
- Goji berry: packed with antioxidants, this superfood helps to protect your cells by relieving the effects of oxidative stress.
- Hemp seed: this ingredient is high in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, which are important for regulating blood pressure, controlling inflammation, and much more.
Choose from delicious favorites like mocha, berry, and more, or opt for the unflavored version. Check the Sunwarrior smoothie recipes section for a bit of inspiration, if needed.
With just 90 calories per scoop, a 24.6 oz tub of Sunwarrior rice protein is $40. Or, try a 13.2 oz tub for $24.
Sunwarrior Classic Protein
Though it’s pretty hard to become protein deficient, if you’re pumping iron in the gym and hoping to see results, you’ll need to up your intake. The Sunwarrior Classic Protein is a simple product with just 6 ingredients, offering 17 grams of sprouted and fermented protein.
This reliable Sunwarrior plant-based protein powder takes it easy on your digestive system and insulin response so that building muscle doesn’t have to mean a crash in energy or constant trips to the bathroom.
This is all thanks to brown rice. It has a low glycemic index, which raises your blood sugar slowly instead of spiking it, resulting in crashes. It’s also a great alternative to animal protein powders such as whey protein, which is known to cause side effects such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea.
Customers can choose from classic flavors like chocolate, vanilla, and natural. Boost your metabolism and get the 24.6 oz of the Sunwarrior Protein Powder for $40 or 13.2 oz for $24.
Sunwarrior Classic Plus
When you need to get more out of your protein powder, turn to the Sunwarrior Classic Plus. It still has the same high level of protein as the Classic version, but with added benefits, like a full spectrum of amino acids specifically developed to help you build and maintain muscle while losing fat. Aside from the brown rice, the extra amino acids come from:
- Yellow peas: this ingredient is high in the amino acids leucine, lysine, and isoleucine, which are essential for muscle repair, protein synthesis, and energy regulation, respectively.
- Quinoa: this ingredient is high in glutamine, which is essential for protein synthesis in the body, muscle growth, kidney health, and much more.
- Amaranth: like yellow peas, amaranth is high in lysine, which is vital for helping your body maximize the benefits of this protein powder. Classic Plus is offered in chocolate, vanilla, and natural flavors. Despite being so tasty, the formula has absolutely no sugar, and tons of vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- Kick things up a notch with the 15 servings of Classic Sunwarrior Plus Protein for $24. Or, opt for 30 servings for $40.
Sunwarrior Clean Greens & Protein
Protein is good for our muscles, but greens are good for our cells. It only makes sense to combine the two, which is exactly what you’ll find in the Sunwarrior Clean Greens & Protein supplement.
It comes in tropical vanilla and Sunwarrior chocolate protein flavors for a tasty pre and post-workout treat that’s easy on your gut.
A key ingredient in this product is its veggie blend, which contains nutrients from broccoli sprouts, onion extract, tomato, broccoli, carrot, spinach, kale, and brussels sprouts. You don’t need to be a nutrition expert to know that all these veggies are good for you!
With 18 grams of protein, phytonutrients, and MCT oil, a 6.2 oz container (7 servings) of this body and brain-boosting supplement is just $13, and a 24.6 oz tub (30 servings) is $40.
Sunwarrior Collagen Building Protein Peptides
It’s no secret that as we age, we start to look a little different. We can thank our body’s natural decrease in collagen for this. But, thankfully, there’s something we can do about it.
By taking a natural collagen supplement, we’re able to fill our bodies with what they lack, improving how we look on the outside. The Sunwarrior Collagen Building Protein Peptides come in chocolate fudge, salted caramel, Tahitian vanilla, and natural varieties, all of which mix wonderfully with plant-based milk for a tasty afternoon or morning treat.
This keto-friendly supplement is completely vegan and contains compounds like Hyaluronic acid (HA) and biotin. HA helps the skin to retain moisture, contributing to more youthful-looking skin. One study has shown that HA can even help with treating certain skin diseases. Meanwhile, biotin supplementation can improve the condition of skin, hair, and nails in those who are deficient in it.
Available in three sizes, 12-ct packets, a 17.6 oz tub, and a 35.3 oz tub, the Collagen Building Protein Peptides are $35-$65.
Sunwarrior Ormus Super Greens
Greens are a tough one. Some are tasty, but often, they get left off of our plates. The Sunwarrior Ormus Super Greens include powerhouse ingredients like alfalfa, moringa, barley grass, wheatgrass, and more, to infuse your cells with natural goodness.
Farmed from nutrient-rich volcanic soil, the brand’s greens spectrum is processed by cold-drying, extracting raw, bioavailable vitamins and minerals to encourage cell renewal, boost the immune system, and increase vitality.
Offered in mint and natural flavors, get 8 oz (45 servings) for $30 or 16 oz (90 servings) for $50.
What Is Sunwarrior Protein Made Of?
Sunwarrior vegan protein is a mix of fermented yellow peas and raw, brown rice protein, but you’re also getting it from sources like chia and hemp seeds.
Is Sunwarrior Protein Raw?
Sunwarrior uses raw ingredients in its formulas, but they may not all be completely raw. From what we could find, the Warrior Blend Organic Protein specifically is completely raw.
In general, raw ingredients have a broader range of vitamins and thus have more to offer in terms of nutrition, so it makes sense for the brand to use them.
Is Sunwarrior Protein Vegan?
Yes, it is. While doing my research for this Sunwarrior protein review, I learned that the brand believes that plants are the best source of nutrition and have more than enough bioavailable protein to fuel muscles, plus the added nutrition found within protein-packed ingredients like hemp seeds or chia.
Essentially, bioavailability refers to the ability of nutrients to actually make it into circulation in your body.
Who Is Sunwarrior For?
Since some Sunwarrior products are raw, they’re ideal for adults following a raw diet or those who are looking to get more out of their supplements.
The brand’s supplements are also vegan, low in sugar, and some are keto-friendly. That means that people with all types of diets may find something to fit their lifestyle’s needs.
Sunwarrior Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
You want to be sure the item you buy is actually worth the investment. With any supplement, it’s important to keep in mind that everyone has preferences. Still, it’s part of my task with writing this Sunwarrior protein review to flush out any red flags or highlight expected benefits reported by customers.
To do that, I’ll head out on a diligent web search for helpful feedback, making sure to tell you every important detail. To kick things off, let’s start with a roundup of ratings from the brand’s website:
- Ormus Super Greens: an average of 5/5 stars from 129 ratings
- Collagen Building Protein Peptides: an average of 4.9/5 stars from 655 ratings
- Clean Greens and Protein: an average of 4.8/5 stars from 38 ratings
- Sunwarrior Protein Warrior Blend: an average of 4.9/5 stars from 1,012 ratings
All of the products we viewed had very high ratings, although some were more popular than others. We’ve decided to take a closer look at the Warrior Blend Organic Protein as it appears to be the brand’s most-loved product.
Customers report that the Sunwarrior protein blend is gentle on their stomachs, unlike other protein powders. This is probably because of the fermented pea protein in the powder.
For example, one Sunwarrior protein review read, “I like it a lot love the vanilla taste no stomach problems no bloating if drink slowly good product overall.” Many say that it mixes well with liquids and blends up smoothly.
To check up on the comments made on the brand’s website about the Warrior Blend Organic Protein, we turned to Amazon for more information. Here, the Warrior Blend Organic Vanilla earned 4.4/5 stars from 1,276 reviews, with the following snapshot:
- 5 stars: 73%
- 4 stars: 9%
- 3 stars: 9%
- 2 stars: 4%
- 1 star: 6%
Most folks say that the Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder tastes really good. It’s a little earthy, but the vanilla flavor is delicious.
Again, a lot of buyers said it mixes really smoothly with liquids. One comment read, “This is the most delicious protein shake I’ve had. I received it one hour ago and just mixed a scoop of protein with water just using a spoon, and it was super easy to mix.” Note the use of water here.
Feeling content with what we found out about the Warrior Blend Organic Protein, we decided to look into the brand’s Collagen supplement in Natural Flavor on iHerb.com. Overall, the powder got a 4.3/5-star rating, and the product page shows 326 reviews.
At the moment, collagen is pretty popular, so finding out if this powder does the trick was quite intriguing. Many reviews consist of comments about the effectiveness of the powder. Take this Sunwarrior protein review:
“I’ve been adding this supplement to my smoothies in the morning and it’s really doing the trick. My nails are growing back stronger and I’ve a bald spot with new growth! The taste takes a couple of tries to get used to.”
To round things off, we peeked at the brand’s score on the Better Business Bureau. Finding an A+ rating and just 1 complaint in the last three years, we quickly closed the tab, content to know that Sunwarrior efficiently handles customer issues before they ever get taken to the BBB.
There are a lot of great things we found out about the brand and its supplements in this section of my Sunwarrior protein review. From tasty, effective products to excellent customer service, it’s always thrilling to find a brand whose products do what they claim to.
Is Sunwarrior Worth It?
Definitely—there’s nothing that would make us think otherwise. Sunwarrior appears to be a stellar brand with great tasting and useful supplements.
Its ingredients are raw, organic, and perfectly paired, its products expertly designed to bring about real results—whether that’s enhanced brain function, stronger hair, or better digestion.
Sunwarrior Promotions & Discounts
Eating clean sure can rack up a bill. Of course, it’s totally worth it for your mental and physical health, and thankfully, the brand has some great offers to help you save.
- Free Standard Shipping on orders over $50
- Free Expedited Shipping on orders over $175
- Free recipes
- Join Medallion Rewards for free shipping
- Sign up for the mailing list to get more information on deals and discounts
Want to make your relationship with Sunwarrior a long-term thing? Try subscribing. You’ll get 20% off every order, and they will deliver your favorite products to your door monthly.
Where to Buy Sunwarrior
The company’s collection is sold all over the place in health food and grocery stores like LuckyVitamin and Walmart, as well as online at Amazon. You can also buy its supplements directly from Sunwarrior.com if you live in the US.
Who owns Sunwarrior protein?
Denley Fowlke and Nick Stern own Sunwarrior.
Where is Sunwarrior made?
Sunwarrior products are manufactured and fulfilled out of the brand’s headquarters in Washington, Utah.
What is Sunwarrior’s Shipping Policy?
At this time, Sunwarrior only ships within the USA. It has quite a few different shipping options, so we’ve just gathered them up and compiled them into a handy little list that you’ll see below:
- Free contiguous US Standard Shipping on orders over $50
- $6 Standard Shipping on orders under $50
- Expedited Shipping – $6 on orders over $50
- Expedited Shipping for orders under $50 is $10
- Any order that weighs over 9 lbs or totals over $175 is upgraded to Expedited for free
- Orders to Alaska & Hawaii have a $25 flat rate
Once your order ships, Sunwarrior will send a confirmation email with a tracking link. Standard Shipping takes about 5-10 business days, whereas Expedited takes 2-4.
What is Sunwarrior’s Return Policy?
Taste is a very personal thing and you’re allowed to have second thoughts about a product. If you do, you can return any of Sunwarrior’s supplements as long as you start the process within 30 days of the purchase date.
If you choose to return something, it’s important to keep in mind that for each item you send back, up to 20% of the product’s costs will be deducted from your refund amount as a restocking fee.
Also, if you bought an item that shipped for free (as some of the brand’s products do), the normal shipping amount ($6-10) will be subtracted from your refund amount.
To start a return, you’ll need to get in contact with Sunwarrior directly. If you purchased your supplements from one of the brand’s authorized retailers, you’ll need to return them through that same store—not through the brand’s return service.
If you bought your product at Sunwarrior.com, here’s a basic rundown of how the return process goes:
- Start a live chat or give them a call
- Let them know your order number, which products you’re sending back, your name, and phone number
- They’ll give you an RMA and let you know where to send your items back to
How to Contact Sunwarrior
If you need any other information that my Sunwarrior protein review did not include, don’t hesitate to reach out to the brands using any of the methods below:
- Phone: (888)540-3667
- Live Chat
You can get in touch with a team member Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm MT. If you contact them outside of those times, they’ll get back to you during normal business hours.