Ace Marks Shoes Review
Table of Contents
About Ace Marks
Ace Marks is a men’s footwear brand selling luxury shoes handmade by Italian artisan shoemakers without retail markups.
By cutting out the middle process that increases prices and adds markups, they deliver a handcrafted pair of shoes straight from the artisan to the customer.
Each pair of Ace Marks shoes are made in a small factory in Italy operated by fourth generation artisans, using 100% full grain calf-skin leather.
A study published in the field of luxury consumption supports the idea that intrinsic interest and the nature of luxury products are significant drivers of luxury consumption.
This suggests that consumers are not only motivated by the external benefits of owning luxury goods, such as high social status and perceptions of wealth, but also by the inherent value and quality of the product itself.
Ace Marks, with its emphasis on craftsmanship and attention to detail, embodies this perspective by providing customers with a high-quality product that is both luxurious and desirable for its own sake.
Ace Marks also buys back its shoes. Customers can send their old Ace Marks shoes in for a $50 credit toward a new pair of Ace Marks shoes.
This program not only benefits the customer, but each returned pair will be donated to a not-for-profit called Career Gear, which helps empower men to enter or re-enter the workforce, regardless of background or age.
My Ace Marks shoes review will cover key elements of the brand and its products, in order to help you make an informed purchase decision.
Pros and Cons
- Handmade in Italy with 100% full grain skin leather, a premium material by artisan shoemakers
- Direct to customer, no middleman, no markups like traditional luxury shoe brands, with pairs costing from $224-$345
- Free US shipping and returns; includes pre-paid labels
- Feel good initiative: Ace Marks’ buy back shoe program allows customers to return their old Ace Mark shoes for a $50 toward a new pair
- Each returned pair of Ace Marks is given to Career Gear to help other men get on their feet
- A variety of high-end designs, colours, and styles to match the sophisticated male shopper
- Comfy, memory foam cushioning in the insole that molds to your feet
- Sizing tools and videos with printable paper tracing options, making it easier to determine shoe size
- No vegan or non-animal material options
- Pricing is only in US dollars, so the conversion for some countries plus the fee may be just as expensive as luxury brands
- International returns and exchanges have a $59 fee and no prepaid label, as well as possible duties and taxes
- Everything is made with leather so not many casual options, besides a few sneakers
- No real, in-person shoe, or mail try-on option; as there is only online buying options, it is difficult to know whether the shoe will fit properly
As a premium men’s footwear brand, Ace Marks uses only the highest quality materials in their shoes. Every pair of Ace Marks shoes is handmade in Italy by fourth-generation artisans who are skilled in the craft of shoemaking. Here are some of the materials used in Ace Marks shoes:
- Full-grain calf-skin leather: This is the primary material used in Ace Marks shoes. It is a premium leather that is soft, durable, and develops a rich patina over time.
- Memory foam cushioning: Ace Marks shoes feature a memory foam insole that molds to the shape of your foot for added comfort.
- Leather outsole: The leather outsole provides a sleek look and adds durability to the shoe.
- Rubber sole: Some Ace Marks shoes feature a rubber sole for added traction and durability.
- Calfskin lining: The inside of the shoe is lined with soft calfskin leather for added comfort and breathability.
- Cork midsole: The cork midsole provides cushioning and support for the foot.
- Suede: Some Ace Marks shoes feature a suede upper for a softer texture and unique look.
- Laces: Ace Marks uses waxed cotton laces for added durability and a sleek look.
Overall, Ace Marks uses only the highest quality materials in their shoes, ensuring that every pair is durable, comfortable, and stylish. By using traditional techniques and premium materials, Ace Marks offers customers a luxurious footwear experience that is unmatched by other brands.
Ace Marks is a premium men’s footwear brand that offers a variety of features to set its shoes apart from the competition. Every pair of Ace Marks shoes is handmade in Italy by skilled artisans, using only the highest quality materials. Here are some of the features that make Ace Marks shoes stand out:
- Direct-to-consumer pricing: Ace Marks offers shoes at a direct-to-consumer price point, without the retail markups of traditional luxury brands.
- Buy-back program: Ace Marks has a buy-back program where customers can return their old Ace Mark shoes for a $50 credit toward a new pair. Each returned pair is donated to Career Gear, a not-for-profit organization that helps empower men to enter or re-enter the workforce.
- Premium materials: Ace Marks uses only the highest quality materials in their shoes, such as full-grain calf-skin leather, memory foam cushioning, and leather or rubber soles.
- Handmade in Italy: Every pair of Ace Marks shoes is handmade by skilled artisans in Italy, using traditional techniques that have been passed down for generations.
- Sizing tools: Ace Marks offers sizing tools and videos with printable paper tracing options to make it easier for customers to determine their shoe size.
- Free US shipping and returns: Ace Marks offers free US shipping and returns, with pre-paid labels included.
- Variety of designs: Ace Marks offers a wide range of high-end designs, colors, and styles to match the sophisticated male shopper.
- Feel-good initiative: The buy-back program and partnership with Career Gear make Ace Marks a feel-good brand, where customers can feel good about their purchase.
Overall, Ace Marks offers customers a premium footwear experience, with a focus on quality materials, traditional techniques, and direct-to-consumer pricing. With a variety of features and a feel-good initiative, Ace Marks is a brand that customers can feel good about supporting.
4 Best Selling Ace Marks Shoes
Ace Marks Wingtips
An Ace Marks shoes review found that the Wingtip is a new take on the traditional brogue shoe.
The Ace Marks Wingtip comes in three different colour and material styles, like the Wingtip pictured above. Ace Marks Wingtip shoes range in price from $299-$320.
- The Wingtip Vincent: a classic derby shoe, with open laces in a variety of colours; features some options with contrasting suede details
- The Wingtip Luke and the Wingtip Beto: traditional Oxford style shoes with closed lacing in a variety of colours; features leather and contrasting suede details on some
- The Blucher Louis: features a stacked leather heel and black lace up classic plain toe look
Ace Marks Wingtips are hand stitched in Italy, designed using 100% calfskin leather lining and insole. A memory foam cushioned insole offers extra comfort for when you’re on the go.
Ace Marks Monkstrap
Ace Marks Monkstrap shoes feature an iconic double buckle strap with silver toned clasps for a traditional yet sophisticated look. For the executive or artist, these shoes are a dazzling statement piece. They come in two styles and a variety of colours:
- The Monkstrap Kurt: a double strap buckle shoes, ranges in price from $299-$425.
- The Single Monk Aron: a single strap buckle at the ankle, priced at $299.
The Monkstrap features a slip-on design, so there are no laces to bother with. Like the Wingtip, they’re designed with luxurious 100% calfskin leather and a memory foam cushioned insole offers superior comfort.
Ace Marks Oxford
Ace Marks has a variety of different takes on Oxford shoes. The Oxfords feature a closed lacing system with an elongated toe, offering timelessness at the height of fashion.
They feature the same defining design features as the Monkstrap and Wingtip, including handmade 100% calfskin leather and a memory foam cushioned insole.
- Cap Toe Oxford: in polished leather or smooth suede, the Cap Toe Oxford is a classic look with a sleek design. Colours range from shiny black, deep cognac and dark blue antique (pictured above). The Cap Toe Oxford ranges in price from $299-$320.
- Oxford Italian and Wholecut Oxford – For jeans, or slacks or to elevate an everyday outfit, this shoe has a dyed outsole to match the upper and a darker toe for added drama. This style features a variety of colours and styles like rum and blue suede and black toe patent, ranging in price from $299-$425.
Ace Marks Loafers
Made for the cool prepster, the Avio Antique Penny Loafer features an apron toe for a more conservative, traditionalist statement. They come in a variety of modern colours, like Avio Antique, a crisp, light navy blue (pictured above), all priced at $299.
Ace Marks penny loafers boast a comfortable slip on design, 100% calfskin leather exterior and lining, and a cushioned memory foam insole, so they’re just as old school as they are comfortable.
How Do You Break In Ace Marks Shoes?
Ace Marks is a premium men’s footwear brand that offers a variety of high-quality shoes, handmade by skilled artisans in Italy.
When you invest in a pair of Ace Marks shoes, you want to ensure that you use them properly to maximize their longevity and maintain their appearance. Here are some tips for using Ace Marks shoes:
- Break them in gradually: Like any new pair of shoes, Ace Marks shoes may take some time to break in. It’s important to wear them gradually for the first few weeks, starting with shorter periods of time and gradually increasing the wear time.
- Use shoe trees: Shoe trees help maintain the shape of the shoes and prevent creases from forming. Ace Marks recommends using cedar shoe trees to help absorb moisture and prevent odor.
- Rotate your shoes: It’s important to give your Ace Marks shoes a break and rotate them with other pairs of shoes. This allows them to air out and prevent excessive wear and tear.
- Clean and condition regularly: To maintain the appearance of your Ace Marks shoes, it’s important to clean and condition them regularly. Use a soft cloth to wipe away any dirt or debris, and use a leather conditioner to keep the leather soft and supple.
- Store properly: When you’re not wearing your Ace Marks shoes, store them properly in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep them in a shoe bag or box to prevent dust and debris from settling on them.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Ace Marks shoes remain in top condition for years to come. With proper care and maintenance, your Ace Marks shoes will continue to be a stylish and comfortable addition to your wardrobe.
Comparison: Ace Marks vs. Wolf & Shepherd
When it comes to men’s luxury footwear, two brands that have gained popularity in recent years are Ace Marks and Wolf & Shepherd. While both brands offer high-quality, stylish shoes, there are some key differences between them. Let’s take a look at a few points of comparison.
- Specializes in men’s dress shoes, loafers, and boots made from 100% full-grain calf-skin leather
- Shoes are handmade by skilled artisans in Italy
- Offers direct-to-consumer pricing without retail markups, with shoes ranging from $224-$345
- Committed to sustainability, with a buy-back program that allows customers to return old shoes for a credit toward a new pair
- Offers free US shipping and returns, with pre-paid labels included
- Sizing tools and videos with printable paper tracing options are available to help customers determine their shoe size
Wolf & Shepherd:
- Specializes in men’s dress shoes, loafers, sneakers, and boots made from premium materials such as Italian leather and merino wool
- Shoes are handmade in Portugal
- Offers shoes at a higher price point, ranging from $175-$395
- Committed to innovation, with features such as memory foam cushioning and carbon fiber shanks for added support
- Offers free US shipping and returns, with pre-paid labels included
- Provides a 30-day trial period for customers to try out the shoes and return them if they are not satisfied
When comparing these two brands, it’s clear that both Ace Marks and Wolf & Shepherd offer high-quality, stylish shoes with a focus on comfort and sustainability. The main differences come down to the type of shoes they offer, the price point, and the additional features.
If you’re looking for premium men’s dress shoes, loafers, or boots at a direct-to-consumer price point, Ace Marks is a great option.
On the other hand, if you’re willing to invest in shoes made from premium materials with added features such as memory foam cushioning and carbon fiber shanks, Wolf & Shepherd may be the better choice.
Ultimately, the decision comes down to personal preference and priorities. By comparing these two brands, you can make an informed decision and choose the one that best meets your needs.
Ace Marks Shoes Review: What Do Customers Think?
If you’re looking for an Ace Marks shoes review, you’ll find plenty on the company’s website:
“I am truly pleased with the quality and customer service-there are not enough stars in the sky to show how pleased I am,” – Paul B
Another customer said in their Ace marks shoes review: “Beautiful shoes. Compared to the other types (wingtips) these shoes feel bespoke because there is no pain when I wear them,” Alvaro S, referring to the Henry Captoe Monkstrap in Avio Tramonto
Here’s a promising one: “Beautiful shoes. This is my first order from ace marks. They look exactly like the pictures. Pretty quick delivery. They fit perfectly and are the same size as puma sneakers in case you do not have a brand they compare too in their sizing chart. Overall very impressive looking shoes and I will be buying from them a lot more in the future,” – William K
Is Ace Marks Worth It?
Ace Marks is a premium men’s footwear brand that offers high-quality, handmade shoes at direct-to-consumer prices. But is it worth the investment? The answer depends on a few factors.
Firstly, if you’re someone who values quality and craftsmanship, Ace Marks is definitely worth it. The shoes are handmade in Italy by skilled artisans using only the highest quality materials, such as full-grain calf-skin leather, memory foam cushioning, and leather or rubber soles.
The attention to detail and quality control in every pair of Ace Marks shoes is evident, making them a worthwhile investment for those looking for long-lasting, stylish footwear.
Secondly, if you’re someone who is looking to invest in sustainable and socially responsible brands, Ace Marks is worth considering. The brand has a buy-back program that allows customers to return their old shoes for a $50 credit toward a new pair, and each returned pair is donated to a not-for-profit organization called Career Gear.
Additionally, Ace Marks uses sustainable materials and production practices to reduce their environmental impact.
Lastly, if you’re someone who is looking for luxury footwear without the high price tag, Ace Marks is definitely worth it. With prices ranging from $224-$345, Ace Marks offers a direct-to-consumer pricing model without the retail markups of traditional luxury brands.
This allows customers to get a premium, handcrafted shoe at a more affordable price point.
If you value quality, sustainability, and affordability, Ace Marks is definitely worth the investment. With high-quality materials, skilled craftsmanship, and a commitment to sustainability and social responsibility, Ace Marks offers a premium footwear experience that is unmatched by other brands.
Ace Marks mens shoes range from size 5-14. Shopping for dress shoes without trying them on can be complicated. There is no Ace Marks size chart; instead, customers go through a five step system before choosing their shoe size:
- Five videos to determine your size and width
- Download the size conversion chart
- Watch the “How to Print the Measuring Tool” video, featuring a measuring tool that customers can print and then trace their foot on
- Watch the “How to Use the Measuring Tool” video
If you’re looking for alternatives to Ace Marks, here are a few other high-end men’s footwear brands to consider:
- Wolf & Shepherd: Wolf & Shepherd is a luxury men’s footwear brand that offers a range of shoes made from premium materials, such as Italian leather and merino wool. Their shoes are designed to be stylish and comfortable, with features such as memory foam cushioning and carbon fiber shanks for added support.
- Beckett Simonon: Beckett Simonon is a direct-to-consumer men’s footwear brand that offers high-quality shoes at affordable prices. Their shoes are made from premium materials such as full-grain leather and suede, and they offer a range of styles including dress shoes, boots, and sneakers.
- Taft: Taft is a men’s footwear brand that specializes in unique, eye-catching designs. Their shoes are made from high-quality materials, such as Italian leather and suede, and they offer a range of styles including dress shoes, boots, and sneakers.
- Meermin: Meermin is a Spanish shoemaker that offers high-quality shoes made from premium materials such as French and Italian full-grain calf leather and suede. Their shoes are known for their expert craftsmanship and attention to detail, offering a classic and timeless aesthetic.
- Allen Edmonds: Allen Edmonds is a classic American men’s footwear brand that has been around since 1922. They offer a range of shoes made from high-quality materials, such as full-grain leather and suede, and they are known for their timeless designs and expert craftsmanship.
While Ace Marks is a great option for those looking for high-quality, handmade men’s footwear at direct-to-consumer prices, these alternative brands offer their own unique styles and features that may better suit your personal preferences and needs.
Ace Marks Promotions & Discounts
At the time of this Ace Marks shoes review, I found a few deals on the website. The first time you visit acemarks.com, an email subscriber notification pops up to receive an Ace Marks promo code for $25 off your first pair. After entering your email, you get a specialized coupon code to use online.
Every month, Ace Marks also offers a $300 store credit contest. To participate, just enter your email address.
Where to Buy Ace Marks
Ace Marks sells directly on their website. They do not sell on Amazon or to other sites or retailers.
What is the Difference Between Oxfords and Derby Shoes?
You’re not the first to wonder while reading this Ace Marks shoes review. The main difference between Oxfords and Derbys lies in the laces. Oxford shoes featured closed laces under the vamp of the shoe, meaning they have lacing in which the shoelace eyelets (holes for the laces to pass through) are punctured and sewn under the front part of the shoe, or the vamp.
On the other hand, a Derby shoe features eyelet lacing on top. Derbys have open lacing, meaning that the eyelets are stitched on top of the vamp. Although the two styles of laces appear the same from an exterior view, the details of their stitching are different on the inside.
What is Ace Marks’ Shipping Policy?
Ace Marks ships all domestic US orders placed before 1 p.m. (ET) same day. Any order placed after 1 p.m. ships the next day. This is a decent shipping policy if you live in the US. Shipping in the US is free and will ship 2-4 days for the East Coast, 3-8 days for West Coast.
International shipping adds a fee of $59 and 5% GST is also added to orders shipping to Canada (as Canada has this tax on all goods). For international shipping, duties and import taxes aren’t included, so this may also increase the cost.
What is Ace Marks’ Return Policy?
Ace Marks offers free shipping and free returns with the condition that each pair be returned in its original packaging and in “factory mint condition” within 45 days of sale. Limitations to this policy include:
- Any item that has been worn, scuffed, personalized or stretched cannot be accepted
- Warehouse sale items can be returned or exchanged for store credit only
- US returns and exchanges: any domestic returns and exchanges are free, including a prepaid label to send back to Ace Marks for the return/exchange
- Returns from Canada: returns from Canada are not free (no pre-paid label) but are still accepted, however customers will have to pay for all tracking and shipping
- Returns from EU & International: returns from EU and International are not free (no prepaid label) but are still accepted; however, customers have to pay for all tracking and shipping
- Photos: Ace Marks recommends taking photos of items before shipping them
How to Contact Ace Marks
- Phone number: (766) 518-2042
- Email: [email protected]
- Customer service hours: M-F 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. (EST)
- Live chat box available on website
Ace Marks shoes look great with socks in fun colors and patterns. Check out our review of Soxy for creative options on dress socks.
It’s always better to have options. Read up on some other luxury footwear brands: