Table of Contents
Cubii is a fitness brand that creates seated ellipticals which make it possible for you to stay active while you work, watch TV, or lounge on the couch (though that does take some of the purpose out of “lounging”!). Offered in four models, the brand’s lightweight, stylish fitness machine is virtually silent and office-approved.
After catching the attention of celebrities like Khloé Kardashian very early after its launch, the brand has skyrocketed in popularity. Our Cubii review has found spotlights on this sleek little exercise system in Greatist, Entrepreneur, Forbes, on TV’s Good Morning America, and in many other notable media outlets.
A study shows that physical exercise has a positive anti-aging impact at the cellular level, and its specific role in each aging hallmark is described.
Regular physical activity, especially aerobic and resistance training, plays an important role in preventing severe muscle atrophy, maintaining cardiorespiratory fitness and cognitive function, boosting metabolic activity, and improving or maintaining functional independence.
Cubii is a convenient and low-impact option that can help improve cardiovascular health, muscle strength, and flexibility while being used under a desk or while sitting in a chair.
Looking for a way to stay active in busy times? This may be the fitness solution for you! In this Cubii review, we’ll give you in-depth information about the brand and its products, fill you in on what customers have to say, scope out promotions and discounts, and answer some frequently asked questions about the brand to help guide your decisions.
Recent Studies About the Benefits of Physical Exercise
Improved cardiovascular health
- According to a 2018 study regular exercise can help to improve heart health by strengthening the heart muscle, reducing blood pressure, and improving circulation.
Increased muscle strength and flexibility
- As reported by a 2017 study exercise can help to build and maintain muscle mass, which can help to improve balance, coordination, and overall mobility. It can also help to improve flexibility and range of motion, reducing the risk of injury.
Reduced risk of chronic diseases
- According to a 2017 study regular exercise can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
Improved cognitive function
- As per 2021 research findings exercise has been shown to improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of cognitive decline in aging individuals.
Improved mental health
- As reported by a 2019 study exercise can help to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, improving overall mental health and well-being.
Increased social interaction
- As per 2021 research findings participating in group exercise classes or activities can provide opportunities for social interaction and help to reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Cubii Pros and Cons
This Cubii review will give you the details and fine points of each of the elliptical models below, but first, let’s take a look at some of the brand’s top-line pros and cons.
- Convenient: Cubii is a convenient way to exercise, as it can be used while sitting at a desk or watching TV.
- Low-impact: Cubii is a low-impact option that is easy on the joints, making it a great option for those with mobility issues or injuries.
- Customizable: Cubii allows you to adjust the resistance level to your desired intensity, making it easy to customize your workout to your fitness level and goals.
- Smart features: Cubii is equipped with a range of smart features, including Bluetooth connectivity and a mobile app, that can enhance your workout experience and help you achieve your fitness goals.
- Improves cardiovascular health: Using Cubii can help to improve heart health by increasing blood flow and circulation, reducing blood pressure, and strengthening the heart muscle.
- Limited range of motion: Cubii provides a limited range of motion compared to traditional exercise machines, which may not be suitable for those looking for a more intense workout.
- Expensive: Cubii can be more expensive than other low-impact exercise options, such as resistance bands or yoga mats.
- Requires a chair or desk: Cubii is designed to be used while sitting, which may not be suitable for those who prefer standing or walking during exercise.
- Limited upper body workout: Cubii primarily targets the lower body, which may not be suitable for those looking for a full-body workout.
- May not be suitable for all fitness levels: Cubii may not be suitable for those with advanced fitness levels or those looking for a more intense workout.
Overall, Cubii is a convenient and effective way to stay active and improve your health while sitting, but it may not be suitable for everyone.
It is important to consider your individual needs and preferences when choosing an exercise product, and to consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
Using Cubii for exercise can provide a wide range of benefits, including:
Improved cardiovascular health
Using Cubii can help to improve heart health by increasing blood flow and circulation, reducing blood pressure, and strengthening the heart muscle.
Increased muscle strength and flexibility
Using Cubii can help to build and maintain muscle mass, which can improve overall strength, balance, and coordination. It can also help to improve flexibility and range of motion, reducing the risk of injury.
Reduced risk of chronic diseases
Regular exercise with Cubii can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
Improved cognitive function
Exercise has been shown to improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of cognitive decline in aging individuals. Using Cubii can help to improve mental clarity and focus, as well as reduce stress and anxiety.
Convenient and accessible
Cubii is a convenient and accessible way to exercise, as it can be used while sitting at a desk or watching TV. It is also a low-impact option that is easy on the joints, making it a great option for those with mobility issues or injuries.
Cubii allows you to adjust the resistance level to your desired intensity, making it easy to customize your workout to your fitness level and goals.
Overall, using Cubii for exercise can provide a convenient and effective way to improve your health and fitness, regardless of your age or fitness level. By incorporating Cubii into your daily routine, you can enjoy the benefits of regular exercise without having to leave your home or office.
How Does Cubii Work?
Cubii is a compact elliptical machine that is designed to provide low-impact exercise while sitting. The machine is designed to be used under a desk or while sitting in a chair, making it a convenient option for those who spend a lot of time sitting throughout the day.
To use Cubii, simply place the machine on the floor under your desk or in front of your chair, and adjust the resistance level to your desired intensity. Then, place your feet on the pedals and begin pedaling in a circular motion, as you would on a traditional elliptical machine.
Cubii is designed to provide a low-impact workout that is easy on the joints, making it a great option for those with mobility issues or injuries. The machine is also designed to be quiet and discreet, so you can use it without disturbing others around you.
Cubii is equipped with a display monitor that tracks your progress, including the number of strides, distance traveled, and calories burned. The machine also syncs with a mobile app, allowing you to track your progress over time and set goals for yourself.
Overall, Cubii is a convenient and effective way to stay active and improve your health while sitting, making it a great option for those with busy lifestyles or limited mobility.
5 Bestselling Cubii Exercise Machines Products
The brand’s original model, the Cubii JR1 has an ergonomic design that makes it easy on your feet and joints, and its weight of 27 lbs. means it will be easy on your back when it comes to lifting and storing. Storing is made that much easier by the conveniently located handle built into the frame.
With the LCD screen that displays your speed, time, resistance level, and calories burned, you’ll stay motivated as you see your numbers increase even while you sit and watch your favorite show. This Cubii exercise machine also comes with wheel stoppers for office chairs, batteries for the LCD display, and a non-slip mat that is super-handy for wood or tile floors.
Change up your activity status from sedentary to active with the Cubii JR1 for $249.
This upgraded Cubii JR weighs considerably less than the brand’s original model (almost a whole 10 lbs.). It also takes up 10% less space, and the new ZeroGravitii Flywheel design makes operation quieter than ever.
For those looking to use this at their work desk, the elliptical can be attached to your desk chair to stop yourself from rolling away while pedalling. The adjustable foot straps give you even more security, and allows for a smoother stride.
Like its predecessor, this next-gen Cubii JR. seated elliptical comes with a non-slip mat and an LCD display unit (batteries included) that shows your rotations per minute, calories burned, and time. Feel the difference with the compact Cubii JR2 for $269.
If assembly isn’t your thing, the Cubii Go may be. It comes pre-assembled, so all you need to do is take it out of the box, pull on your shoes, and get pedaling. With its near-silent ZeroGravitii Flywheel, this seated elliptical feels great to pedal, eliminates stress on your joints, and is gentle on the ears.
When it’s time to move your Go, just pull out the retractable handle and use the built-in back wheel to roll it across the floor like a suitcase. It weighs just under 20 lbs., so transporting it from home to the office is totally doable. Speaking of the office, the built-in wheel stopper will prevent your desk chair from moving away while you type and pedal.
The illuminated display unit makes it easy to see your levels while you push for a greater burn. Even better, you can connect your Cubii Go monitor to the Cubii mobile app via your Apple Watch, Fitbit or Health Kit to track your performance even more closely. You can get the Cubii Go for $299.
When you see the word “pro,” you know things are about to get serious. The Cubii Pro is a sleek, no-nonsense version of the lovable little Cubii elliptical. Coming in striking chrome or a starkly contrasting black-and-red color combo, this hardcore-looking machine combines modern features with impeccable design to bring you the most challenging seated workout yet.
The Cubii Pro weighs 27 lbs., so those who use more force when they pedal may find this easier to use. It’s got wheel stoppers for use with office chairs, and if you’re the generous type you can easily lend it to one of your office pals while you’re away, as the built-in handle will let them port it over to their cubicle with no problem.
This model also comes with a charger and a non-slip mat. With its Bluetooth capability, you can sync your Pro right to your Cubii Studio+ app to upload your stats and connect with your Communitii, Apple Watch, Fitbit, or HealthKit. Get serious about your seated workout with the Cubii Pro under desk elliptical for $349.
Cubii JR1 Premium Bundle
Want to kick your workout up a notch? The Cubii JR1 Premium Bundle gives you the brand’s classic elliptical model along with a set of 3-lb. dumbbells, so you can (gently!) blast your upper body while your legs are pumping away.
The bundle also comes with the standard LCD fitness-tracking display that can connect to the Cubii mobile app, as well as a non-slip workout mat. The Cubii JR1 Premium Bundle is $289, but you’ll receive a $15 discount at checkout.
How to Use Cubii: Tips and Tricks for Getting the Most Out of Your Workout
Here are some tips and tricks for using Cubii to get the most out of your workout:
- Start slow: If you are new to using Cubii, start with a low resistance level and gradually increase the intensity as you become more comfortable. This will help to prevent injury and ensure that you are using proper form.
- Incorporate intervals: To increase the intensity of your workout, try incorporating intervals of higher resistance or faster pedaling. This can help to increase your heart rate and burn more calories.
- Mix it up: To prevent boredom and challenge your muscles in new ways, try mixing up your workout by pedaling in reverse or alternating between forward and backward pedaling.
- Set goals: Setting goals for yourself, such as a certain number of strides or calories burned, can help to keep you motivated and on track with your fitness routine.
- Use proper posture: To ensure that you are using proper form and getting the most out of your workout, sit up straight with your feet flat on the pedals and your shoulders relaxed.
- Incorporate upper body movements: To engage your upper body and increase the intensity of your workout, try incorporating arm movements, such as bicep curls or shoulder presses, while pedaling.
- Stay hydrated: It is important to stay hydrated during your workout, so be sure to have a water bottle nearby and take breaks as needed to drink water.
By following these tips and tricks, you can get the most out of your Cubii workout and achieve your fitness goals.
Cubii and Technology: How Smart Features Can Enhance Your Workout Experience
Cubii is equipped with a range of smart features that can enhance your workout experience and help you achieve your fitness goals. Here are some ways that technology can improve your Cubii workout:
- Bluetooth connectivity: Cubii is equipped with Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to sync the machine with a mobile app. This allows you to track your progress over time, set goals for yourself, and compete with friends and family.
- Mobile app: The Cubii mobile app provides a range of features to enhance your workout experience, including personalized workout plans, progress tracking, and social sharing. The app also provides real-time feedback on your workout, allowing you to adjust your intensity level and track your progress.
- Smart resistance: Cubii is equipped with smart resistance technology, which automatically adjusts the resistance level based on your pedaling speed. This allows you to get a more customized and challenging workout, without having to manually adjust the resistance level.
- Virtual coaching: Cubii also offers virtual coaching through the mobile app, providing personalized guidance and motivation to help you achieve your fitness goals. The coaching program includes customized workout plans, progress tracking, and personalized feedback.
- Voice control: Cubii is compatible with voice control devices such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, allowing you to control the machine with your voice. This can be a convenient option for those who have limited mobility or difficulty using buttons and controls.
Overall, the smart features of Cubii can enhance your workout experience and help you achieve your fitness goals. By incorporating technology into your fitness routine, you can track your progress, receive personalized guidance and motivation, and get a more customized and challenging workout.
Can You Lose Weight With Cubii?
At the end of the day, losing weight is in your hands. Cubii burns up to 150 calories per hour on average, which means that you’d have to pedal two hours at max speed to burn 300 calories—the amount an average person will burn during a one-hour walk.
That said, any calories you burn that you weren’t previously means that over time, you may lose weight from regular Cubii use. Remember that 1 lb. of fat equals 3,200 calories, so at 1 hour of Cubii use per day, it’s possible that you’d lose 1 lb. in 3 weeks—not too bad. Use the elliptical for 2 hours each day, and that time is cut in half.
Of course, weight loss has to do with so much more than simply moving: your diet, genetics, and stress level all come into play as well. The purpose of Cubii is to get you moving, get your blood pumping, and increase overall health. If weight loss occurs, consider that a bonus.
Is Cubii Good For Bad Knees?
Cubii is excellent for your knees. Ellipticals in general are one of the most joint-friendly exercise machines on the market, so one that lets you sit down to use it is even better.
Think of it like recumbent cycling mixed with the motion of an elliptical. The angle your legs are at on a recumbent bike allows for minimal stress to be put on your joints. When combined with the motion of the elliptical (no pounding on the pavement, just pushing), you have yourself a winning combo.
Is Cubii Good For Seniors?
This Cubii review found that the machine is great for people of all ages, but it’s particularly useful for seniors who need to stay active, but a) can’t get on a big machine, b) can’t make it to the gym, c) can’t afford a large piece of equipment or a gym membership, d) can’t walk due to an injury, and/or e) want to keep busy while watching their favorite show.
Who Is Cubii For?
Cubii is ideal for anyone who wants to stay active throughout their day. Designed for both home and office use, the Cubii under desk elliptical is a smart choice for office workers or people who want to multitask or get some low-impact exercise while they watch TV or read on the couch.
The machines are easy to use and don’t weigh much, which makes them perfect for all ages, even teens and seniors. Note that children should not use these machines without supervision.
If you are looking for brand alternatives to Cubii, here are some options to consider:
- DeskCycle: DeskCycle is a compact pedal exerciser that is designed to be used under a desk or while sitting in a chair. It is a low-impact option that is easy on the joints, and is equipped with a display monitor that tracks your progress.
- Stamina InMotion E1000: The Stamina InMotion E1000 is a compact elliptical machine that is designed to be used while sitting. It is a low-impact option that is easy on the joints, and is equipped with a display monitor that tracks your progress.
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B0418: The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B0418 is a compact magnetic mini exercise bike that is designed to be used under a desk or while sitting in a chair. It is a low-impact option that is easy on the joints, and is equipped with a display monitor that tracks your progress.
- FitDesk Under Desk Elliptical: The FitDesk Under Desk Elliptical is a compact elliptical machine that is designed to be used under a desk or while sitting in a chair. It is a low-impact option that is easy on the joints, and is equipped with a display monitor that tracks your progress.
- Gaiam Balance Disc: The Gaiam Balance Disc is a versatile balance cushion that can be used as a seat cushion or for exercise. It is designed to improve balance, posture, and core strength, and is a low-impact option that is easy on the joints.
These are just a few of the many brand alternatives to Cubii that are available on the market. It is important to consider your individual needs and preferences when choosing an exercise product, and to consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
Comparison: Cubii vs. Sunny Health
Seated ellipticals aren’t exactly new to the market: they’ve been used in the medical community for years as rehabilitation aids. But as time passes these machines have evolved, getting smaller, sleeker, lighter, and offering more functions.
Cubii is a modern brand, but is it the best on the market? To help answer this question, this Cubii review will do a quick comparison between it and Sunny Health, a fitness equipment company that carries both seated ellipticals, as well as a wider line of exercise products.
Sunny Health’s product lineup starts with small accessories like weights and mats and extends to large stand-up ellipticals, rowers, and treadmills, which makes this brand a great choice if you’re looking for a variety of workout options. Let’s see if it’s still a great choice for those who are specifically interested in seated ellipticals.
The Sunny Health Magnetic Under Desk Elliptical Peddler uses magnets to offer eight levels of resistance that are controlled by a knob, the same as Cubii. It includes a small digital monitor, which looks like it may be a bit hard to read, as well as a carrying handle, non-slip pedals, and smooth-glide wheels.
The description doesn’t mention sound and, unfortunately, the information video doesn’t feature audio. But this Cubii review did note that this machine’s wheels move on the ground, which could possibly cause more noise as the back-and-forth motion of the wheels isn’t muffled.
The Sunny Health Magnetic Under Desk Elliptical Peddler ($140, list price of $220) looks a bit bulky, but weighs just 25 lbs. It, like the Cubii Go ($299), comes with a one-year warranty and arrives pre-assembled.
What’s the main difference between the machines? The Cubii Go is more modern, uses a slide mechanism on the inside instead of wheels on the outside, and has a slightly larger screen (though not by much). The Go weighs just under 20 lbs., which means that it may be easier to move.
Both machines look to be good quality, but the Cubii model may beat out Sunny Health’s thanks to its quiet, smooth ZeroGravitii Flywheel, lighter weight, larger and illuminated screen, and built-in chair stops. Of course, you’re paying for all those features, as the Go is more than double the sale price of the Sunny Health machine.
So, what’s more important to you—quality features, or low price? The choice is yours.
Want to learn more about Sunny Health? Then check out our full Sunny Health & Fitness Review and see how they stack up.
Cubii Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
If you’ve just finished reading our comparison of Sunny Health and Cubii, then you know that our featured brand is more expensive than other similar ones on the market.
Based on what we’ve read so far, it appears that what Cubii offers in terms of features, looks, quality, and accessories is worth the extra money, but that’s just speculation. To understand if it’s true, it’s important that this Cubii review takes note of what customers have to say about the brand’s machines.
We’ll head to the brand’s website first to see what kind of ratings shoppers leave there. Below, you’ll find ratings for some of Cubii’s most notable offerings:
- Cubii JR1—4.8/5 stars based on 1,684 reviews
- Cubii JR2—4.8/5 stars based on 158 reviews
- Cubii Go—4.8/5 stars based on 89 reviews
- Cubii Pro—4.8/5 stars based on 332 reviews
- Cushii Lumbar Cushion—4.8/5 stars based on 36 reviews
As you can see, these products get the same rating right across the board. First off, let’s see what customers had to say about the JR1, which gets a ton of great feedback for its quiet operation, ease of use, and immediate benefits. “This has made such a big difference in my life in just one week. I no longer have leg cramps at night while I’m sleeping,” reads one review.
There are a few reviews that mention some difficulties with the JR1—either that it’s too heavy, too hard to push, or not ideal for those with mobility issues. In these cases, it seems like the negatives are mostly to do with users’ personal issues, not with the Cubii exerciser itself.
Moving away from the brand’s website itself, let’s check out an in-depth analysis of the Cubii JR1 by Jessica Casperain on Reviewed. First off, she confirms Cubii’s claim for minimal noise, saying that “you may hear the slight swishing of the pedals, it’s predominantly noise-free.”
But while the machine is certainly quiet and provides a good low-intensity workout, Casperain found that it was distracting for use in the office, saying “there’s no way I’d call the Cubii a passive activity for work hours.” This means that the Cubii seated elliptical may be better suited for the home than the office.
Wanting to check up on the brand’s customer service and how they respond to user issues, this Cubii review checked out the company’s profile at the Better Business Bureau. The initial finding was something of a shock: a D- score.
But when we saw that this derived from just six complaints over three years, only two of which were not responded to, our level of concern dropped considerably. Not to mention that on the brand website itself, Cubii responds to nearly every complaint with an apology and an offer to make it right.
Is Cubii Worth It?
Judging by its customer service and product quality and effectiveness, Cubii seems like a reliable brand. Though its machines may not provide a real heart-pounding workout, that’s not really what they’re for: they’re intended to keep you moving while doing other activities in order to promote overall health and wellness.
The Cubii machine is also very useful for those with injuries, who suffer from joint pain, or who need to lose weight but struggle with walking. Seniors and other people with mobility issues may get great benefits from these Cubii ellipticals.
For the able-bodied but frequently sedentary, keep in mind that while Cubii is marketed as a way to get you moving in the office while you work, its operation may be too distracting despite the promise of near-silent operation. It’s at home, especially during times when you don’t need to focus, that these machines really shine.
Does the fact Cubii isn’t amazing for use during brain work (problem-solving, brainstorming, etc.) make it not worth the money? Definitely not. The Cubii cost is higher than that of ellipticals from other brands (ranging from $249 to $349), but all of its models are quality machines with great features. They’re quiet, offer varied resistance, and the newer models are very light.
Cubii Promotions & Discounts
This Cubii review has rounded up every deal and price advantage the brand has on offer and compiled them below for your convenience:
- Free shipping for orders of $49 and up
- Free 7-day Cubii Studio+ trial
- $15 off the Cubii JR1 Premium Bundle (added automatically at checkout)
- Sign up to the brand mailing list for more discounts and special offers
Where to Buy Cubii
To get access to free shipping and discount codes, get your Cubii from cubii.com. You can also find select models at Amazon, Costco, Best Buy, and TSC.
Where is Cubii made?
Cubii is designed in the US but made in China. This is pretty standard for many fitness equipment companies: Sunny Health, which was mentioned in the product comparison above, also manufactures its products in China and Taiwan.
What is Cubii’s Shipping Policy?
Cubii ships to the US and Canada, but some accessories only ship within the US. Orders are processed in 1-3 business days, and take about 6-10 business days to arrive at your door.
What is Cubii’s Return Policy?
Cubii has a 30-day risk-free trial offer that allows you to return your elliptical free of charge if, for whatever reason, you decide that it isn’t right for you. To start a return, head to the help page on the brand website. You’ll be asked to include the following information:
- Product serial number
- Your order number
- Your shipping address
- Reason for return
If your request is accepted, Cubii will send you a prepaid return label and directions on what to do next.
How to Contact Cubii
If you need any other information not already covered in this Cubii review, you can get in touch with the brand via:
- Contact form on brand website
- Phone: 1 (844) 282-4401
Cubii’s customer service hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm CST.
Looking for more ways to work out from home? Here are some other options to consider when shopping around: