Native Shoes Review
Table of Contents
About Native Shoes
Native Shoes was born in Canada and created with the intention to make the world a better place, one step at a time. They plan to achieve this with their main purpose, which is to Live Lightly.
Their purpose is both philosophical and a key ingredient in their footwear, one they like to call lightness. Through their innovative and lightweight EVA molded shoes, they want children, men and women to live a lighter, healthier and happier life.
In this Native Shoes review, I will provide an inside look of the brand and its products to ensure you are well informed before you make a decision to purchase.
Why You Should Trust Us
Our mission is to help you make better, more informed purchase decisions. Our team spends hours researching, consulting with medical experts, gathering insight from expert professionals, reviewing customer feedback, and analyzing products to provide you with the information you need.
Pros and Cons
Native Shoes is known for its lightweight, comfortable, and eco-friendly designs. Here are some advantages and drawbacks of the brand:
- Comfort: Native Shoes are designed with comfort in mind. They typically have cushioned insoles and flexible materials that provide a comfortable fit for everyday wear.
- Lightweight: Native Shoes are lightweight, making them ideal for activities that require agility and freedom of movement. They are often compared to wearing socks or walking barefoot due to their lightness.
- Vegan and Animal-Friendly: Native Shoes are made from vegan materials, meaning no animal products are used in their production. This aspect appeals to those who prefer cruelty-free and sustainable fashion choices.
- Easy to Clean: Native Shoes are water-resistant and can be easily cleaned with soap and water. They are perfect for outdoor activities, beach trips, or any situation where you might encounter dirt or water.
- Wide Range of Styles: Native Shoes offers a variety of styles, including sneakers, sandals, slip-ons, and boots. Their designs cater to different tastes and occasions, ensuring there is something for everyone.
- Limited Durability: While Native Shoes are comfortable and lightweight, some customers have reported that the shoes may not be as durable as they expected. The material used can show signs of wear and tear over time, especially with frequent use.
- Sizing Challenges: Native Shoes may have inconsistent sizing, which can make it difficult to find the right fit. Some customers have experienced that the shoes run small or narrow, while others find them true to size.
- Lack of Arch Support: The shoes are generally designed for casual wear and may not provide adequate arch support for those with specific foot conditions or requirements. Individuals with high arches or flat feet may find the shoes less supportive.
What Makes Native Shoes Stand Out?
With products made in China and Vietnam, they pride themselves on knowing their factory conditions are ethical. Behind every pair of shoes, there is no forced labour and workers have steady wages and working hours.
According to a Native Shoes review, the brand is certified by PETA as vegan-friendly. They have a Beast Free policy, which means not a single hair or hide from any animal has been used in the creation of their product.
What makes the brand stand out is what their shoes are made of, ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA). Although it comes with design constraints, the benefits are outweighed. They are lightweight, perfect for making it feel as though you’re not even wearing shoes.
The EVA cushioning factor adds a layer of shock-absorbency, which decreases the amount of energy your body uses. They are easily hand washable, but most importantly, it is odor resistant – no more smelly feet!
To top it off, Native Shoes claims that by 2023, each and every pair of shoes will be 100% life-cycled managed. Through The Remix Project, they want to give life to new projects in the community by using recycled Native Shoes.
While the exact materials used may vary depending on the specific shoe model, here are some common materials used by Native Shoes:
- EVA (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate): EVA is a lightweight, flexible, and cushioned material that is often used in the construction of Native Shoes. It provides comfort and shock absorption.
- Microfiber: Native Shoes may use microfiber, a synthetic material, in certain styles. Microfiber is known for its durability, water resistance, and breathability.
- Rubber: Native Shoes often incorporate rubber into their outsoles for traction and durability. The rubber used is typically a blend of synthetic and natural rubber.
- Vegan Leather: Some Native Shoes feature a vegan leather upper. Vegan leather is a synthetic material designed to mimic the look and feel of genuine leather, but without the use of animal products.
- 3D Knit: Native Shoes has introduced 3D-knit technology in some of their shoe designs. This process uses a single piece of material that is knitted to create a sock-like upper, providing a comfortable and breathable fit.
Native Shoes offers several features that contribute to their popularity and appeal. Here are some notable features:
- Lightweight: Native Shoes are renowned for their lightweight construction. They are designed to be significantly lighter than traditional footwear, providing a comfortable and effortless walking experience.
- Vegan and Animal-Free: Native Shoes are proudly vegan, meaning they do not contain any animal products. They are made with synthetic materials, such as EVA and vegan leather, ensuring that no animals are harmed in the manufacturing process.
- Waterproof: Many Native Shoes are water-friendly and waterproof. The materials used in their construction make them suitable for various activities like beach trips, water sports, or rainy days. They are easy to clean and dry quickly.
- Breathable: Native Shoes are designed with breathability in mind. The materials used allow for air circulation, helping to keep feet cool and comfortable, especially during warmer weather.
- Odor-Resistant: Native Shoes often incorporate antimicrobial properties into their designs, helping to reduce the development of odor-causing bacteria. This feature helps keep the shoes fresh and odor-free, even with prolonged wear.
- Easy to Clean: Native Shoes are generally easy to clean, making them a practical choice for everyday use. Most styles can be washed with mild soap and water, and some can even be machine washed.
- Customizable: Some Native Shoes offer customization options, allowing wearers to express their personal style. This may include features like removable charms, accessory holes for adding Jibbitz™ or other decorative elements, or shoes that can be easily painted or customized with markers.
- Wide Range of Styles and Colors: Native Shoes come in a wide array of styles, ranging from classic slip-on designs to sneakers, boots, and sandals. They offer various color options, patterns, and collaborations, allowing wearers to find a style that suits their taste and preferences.
5 Native Shoes Bestsellers
The vast majority of Native Shoes are designed for both women and men, so you won’t have to miss out on a style you like.
Native Shoes Audrey
Within the women’s category, there is only one design that is distinct from the men’s, called Audrey.
It was specifically designed with women in mind, and it’s the first of its kind! The easy to slip-on flat is created from a single, solid coloured EVA material that hugs the ankle.
The Audrey style is something I can personally get behind. For me it’s hard to find a flat that is simple enough to stand out, but doesn’t have any added fixtures like tassels or bling.
I wouldn’t have a problem making a statement with these shoes, since they’re so unique. From wearing them to the office, or on days off, the minimalist shape of Audrey would add the finishing touch to your look.
It is available in nine different colours for $70.
Native Shoes Apollo Moc 2.0
If Audrey isn’t your speed, Native has a plethora of other options. Such as sneakers or sandals. One sneakers option is the Apollo Moc 2.0.
The shoe is elevated using animal free Tirrenina microfiber leather and features the new comfortable and flexible Dynalite sole. Great for on the run or if you are on your feet a lot.
The Apollo Moc 2.0 retails for $120 and comes in two different colours.
Native Shoes Jimmy Citylite
Native also carries a wide selection of boots. One pair that caught my attention was the Jimmy Citylite. I could definitely see myself wearing these.This stylish rubber boot would be ideal during the cold and wet months of the year.
The ultra-weight rubber outsole gives you that strong grip you need, especially if you’re prone to slipping and falling on ice.
The Defender Repellent Systems with Skotchguard will keep the moisture out, while a microfleece lining keeps the warmth in. My feet feel cozy just thinking about it. For $145 you have the choice of three different colours.
Native Shoes Spencer LX Sandal
I think the best bang for your buck regarding Native Shoes would be the Spencer LX Sandal. Most other brands offering slip-on sandals sell them at a much higher price than Native Shoes. You can get them for $35 with four colour options.
What makes them different from other sandals on the market is the ultra-lite rubber insert to keep your feet in place. Wear them to the beach, around the house or as your everyday summer shoe.
Native Shoes Kensigton TrekLite
The same styles you love come in an even smaller version. Native Shoes offers your favourites for your kids, with prices ranging from $40 to $115. One thing the kids shoes have over the adults are the colour choices. Kids have more fun I guess!
If you’re looking for a boot that can keep up with all your kids adventures, the Kensington TrekLite Child could be the right fit.
It’s designed for all weather conditions in mind. Some key features include: an Animal Free PU upper for water resistance, a removable TrekLite TPR insole for better comfort and a rubber outsole for a strong grip.
Kensington TrekLite Child boots are $75 and come in three colours.
Native Shoes offers a range of sizes to accommodate different foot sizes and shapes. The sizing options may vary slightly depending on the specific shoe model.
Here are some general guidelines for their sizing:
- Adult Sizing: Native Shoes typically offers adult sizes ranging from US Men’s 3 to 14 and US Women’s 5 to 12. The sizing is usually unisex, meaning the same size chart is used for both men and women.
- Kids Sizing: Native Shoes provides sizes for children as well, usually ranging from US Kids’ 4 to Youth 6. Keep in mind that the sizing for kids’ shoes may be based on different scales, such as age or foot length measurements.
- Half Sizes: Native Shoes usually does not offer half sizes. If you are between sizes, it is recommended to size up rather than down. For example, if you typically wear a US Men’s 9.5, you may want to consider ordering a size 10.
- Fit and Width: Native Shoes generally have a relaxed and roomy fit. They are designed to provide comfort and accommodate a variety of foot shapes. If you have particularly narrow or wide feet, you may want to consider trying on different sizes or contacting Native Shoes for specific recommendations.
It’s important to look at customer reviews and feedback, as specific comments across different models can offer insights into how the shoes fit and whether it is recommended to size up or down.
Who Is Native Shoes For?
Native Shoes are designed for individuals seeking lightweight and comfortable footwear. They appeal to outdoor enthusiasts who value waterproof and easy-to-clean shoes for various outdoor activities.
Additionally, Native Shoes are popular among those who prioritize vegan and animal-friendly products, as they are entirely vegan and made with synthetic materials.
With their versatile styles and range of sizes for both adults and children, Native Shoes offer a footwear option for a wide audience.
Native Shoes Review: What Do Customers Think?
In this segment, I’ll be taking a closer look at some Native Shoes reviews from other customers and see what they have to say. These are ratings and testimonials compiled as of June, 2023.
Let’s start with the brand’s website. One of Native Shoes’ best selling products is the Jefferson style. With reviews left by over 2,650 customers and a score of 4.5/5 stars, it’s easy to see why people love it so much.
Here is what one person had to say: “I’m in love with my Jefferson shoes! I’m on my feet a lot and these shoes make it enjoyable. Plus they are so easy to clean! I’ll definitely be purchasing another pair or two.”
Another buyer wrote, “I live in these shoes. I take my dogs on a walk in them. My absolute fave.”
One customer left the following for the Jericho style, which has a rating of 4.5/5 stars from 300 reviews: “I love love love my Jericho Natives. They fit like a second skin and are so comfortable to wear!”
On Amazon and retail websites like Altitude Sports, Well, Foot Locker, and more, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of Native Shoes reviews holding ratings of 4.5-5/5 stars. There is overwhelming praise for the brand’s comfort, fit, versatility, and more.
Here are a couple more helpful reviews from Amazon:
“I bought those to wear in a clinic environement…The Jefferson offers me a stylish way to get easy to wash shoes! The black color seems like it will hold up very nicely and they are true to size, I can even put in my orthotics in!”
“The whole family wears natives. I bought them for my kids for years and decided to get myself a pair and now they are my fav go to shoes. Very comfy and I have whites ones and love how I can wear them with everything!“
The main ‘complaints’ I can see is that people wish the shoes came in more colors and some issues with fit initially, but overall, people are quite happy with their purchases.
Is Native Shoes Worth It?
To start wrapping up my Native Shoes review, I’m going to state that the brand is definitely worth checking out due to their combination of comfort, style, and sustainability.
With their lightweight design, breathable materials, and a range of styles for both adults and children, Native Shoes offers comfortable and versatile footwear options.
Additionally, their commitment to being vegan, animal-free, and environmentally friendly makes them an appealing choice for individuals seeking cruelty-free and sustainable products.
Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, someone in search of comfortable everyday shoes, or simply looking to support a brand with ethical practices, Native Shoes provides a compelling option that ticks all the boxes!
If you want to browse some options for comfortable footwear, I’ll list a few down below.
- Oofos: This recovery shoe brand is targeted towards people who want to get their steps in every day without straining their feet, people who walk to work every day, find their feet hurting in regular shoes.
- OrthoFeet: OrthoFeet is an orthopedic footwear company that offers men and women comfort and pain relief for 20 + different ailments.
- Kuru: With a mission to create shoes to help alleviate any discomfort when it comes to being out and about, Kuru is committed to innovating footwear for a pain-free life.
Native Shoes Promotions and Discounts
I found ways to save even more with your purchase! For a limited time, when you purchase two pairs of Adult sneakers you will get the second pair free. The promotion will be applied at checkout. This Native Shoes sale is available online only.
At the time of this Native Shoes review, if you sign up for their newsletter you will save 10% on your first purchase with the coupon code LITE-T5XSQ4Q5FQ.
Where to Buy Native Shoes
Did something in my Native Shoes review catch your eye? The brand’s headquarters are located in Vancouver, BC and their footwear is currently distributed in over 45 different countries.
Here are some retail locations that are partnered with Native Shoes:
- Altitude Sports
- The Last Hunt
- Hudson’s Bay
- Foot Locker
- Sport Chek
- And more!
To find a store near you, use the online store finder. Alternatively, Native Shoes also sells shoes on Amazon.
How do you clean Native Shoes?
Most of Native Shoes are made from the material EVA. This is how they suggest caring for them:
- Hand-washed using mild soap and baking soda
- Wash with a cloth or a soft brush and then leave them to dry in a cool, shaded area
- Do not ever put your shoes in the washing machine, dryer or dishwasher
- Store shoes away from the sun and direct heat and do not leave them in a hot vehicle
According to a Native Shoes review, the process for cleaning non-EVA shoes is different:
- Use a soft-bristled brush to remove dirt on a dry shoe
- Make sure to remove the insole
- With the shoe under to tap, run warm water over the outside of the shoe in a quick motion
- Rub dirt off gently with a cloth or soft-bristled brush and mild dish soap
- Pat off the excess water with a towel and leave to air dry, avoiding the sun and heat
What is Native Shoes’ Shipping Policy?
Native Shoes offers worldwide shipping: for all orders and shipments, speed and costs may vary depending on location and value of purchase orders. For your convenience, here’s a breakdown of the steps you can expect:
- Free ground shipping via Canada Post on all orders
- Upgrade to Express Shipping for $25
- International orders will have their own options and costs; refer to their website
- An order is processed within 1-2 business days
- After it is processed, it will be delivered within an additional 4-7 business days
- Express Shipping takes 2-3 business days
- You will receive a tracking number in an email after your order has been shipped, or you can login to your account to track your order
- Once delivered, packages do not require a signature
- Contact: [email protected] if your package is being returned to sender
What is Native Shoes’ Return Policy?
Native Shoes return policy is fairly simple. All requests, fees, and processes may vary depending on the location and value of requested orders.
For your convenience, here’s a breakdown of the steps you can expect:
- You have 30 days from when you received your order to return it
- The item must be returned unworned and with original tags
- “Last chance” and final sale items cannot be returned
- If you purchased merchandise from a retail partner locations, you must return or exchange it at that location and not online
- Exchanges are not offered online
- Gifts can only be returned if they were purchased from the online store; If they were purchased in store, they will need to be returned there
- You will receive your refund up to 10 business days after the warehouse has received your returned order
How to Contact Native Shoes
I hope you enjoyed this Native Shoes review! For more information, inquiries, and services, reach out to the brand via:
- Phone: +1-855-712-9400
- Email: [email protected]
It’s always better to have options. Check out these popular brands:
Rothy’s for women and kids
Freshly Picked for babies and children
Tieks for women and girls
Allbirds for women and men
New Republic for women and men